And wtf is cratering :<

:|

falling to death

Last edited by fJack,

.____________.

falling to death

What. I never said anything about falling to my death :P Just it basically being suicide if up against a scout underneath the point. Land there on 100 hp and you’re pretty much dead.

tragett

falling to death

What. I never said anything about falling to my death :P Just it basically being suicide if up against a scout underneath the point. Land there on 100 hp and you’re pretty much dead.

unless you doubleshotty him with your awesomesuper aimbot skills?

byte

THATS JUST YOU, YOU SILLY PANDA FLOP!!!!!!!!! *cough* *ahem*

:x

Cheers

Byte

.____________.

falling to death

unless you doubleshotty him with your awesomesuper aimbot skills?

My aimbot only works for healing shit.

edit: Love you too byte :D

Last edited by .____________.,

eoN^

all the times ive fallen down (as soldier or demo) ive survived and not gone for the HP pack… (apart from one time where i got shotgunned)

But yeah if you do fall down to go one of the ways up (one one each left side and one on the side of the bridge thing)

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Well I’m just saying as a soldier myself and considered a very agressive one at that, that I would never attempt to RJ for the fragga-pack, for a few reasons.

1. It’s too high, it’s actually at the very top of the RJ, so you float when you get that high and provide an easy target mainly for scouts and therefore are not even guaranteed the pack

2. You can’t always get into the correct “sweet” position to RJ for it, consequently you will almost always land with fall-damage (30h) in addition to the RJ (45h)

3. As a soldier you’d never RJ when you know the place you’re landing puts you at a positional disadvantage, RJing to the fragga-pack does this, because you can’t always land on their crates and gain height advantage.

4. Kamikazi attacks on a medic or demoman require an altogether different type of RJ than that which would follow the path of the fragga-pack – ie,. you need far more length on the RJ to reach the medic and therefore must RJ lower.

So it doesn’t benefit a soldier on top at middle and as it is unaccessable from underneath the point you wont get soldiers RJing from there either. Without it being accessable from underneath from that ledge I showed in the picture I can’t see any decent soldier ever using the pack. Lowering the pack by a few feet would change all this. Either that or just remove it, because tbh it looks silly anyway.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

It is perfect for the demoman though, hymzi will love it

byte

lol Joe, you keep thinking u can rj 100% when you can’t u’ve just proven you can’t if you think the height of the health pack is the highest point a soldier can go lol…

Go try locally now on the map see how high you can go, you actually go over the health pack (and no not by doing a 100% veritcal rj) just a normal aggressive one lol…

Literally go try and come back with some results ^_^

Edit: Also for example im on 160hp i wanna make an impact i rj get the health pack in air im on 200 i shoot at least 1 rocket then land on their boxes lose 23hp (on avg not 30 do it properly like i said your not doing it right)

So lets calculate it for the non-mathematically minded ppl.

Start health = 160hp
Rj health = -40hp
While in Air before getting health = 120hp
While in Air after getting health = 200hp
While landing on their box = -23hp
While landing on the floor = -28hp

Thus leaving you with 177hp + 2 rockets fired for free before anyone can respond

Or

Thus leaving you with 172hp + 2 rockets fired for free before anyone can respond

I end up with 177hp and with an aggro attack where i have 2 rockets up on anyone before they pull out a shot. (This is assuming the enemy soldier misses a supreme airshot ^_^)

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

ok I’m not gonna bother arguing about it, all I am going to say is that of the last 5 games I’ve played on the map I’ve not seen even 1 attempt by either a demoman or soldier on the pack and the reasons I pointed out are almost certainly why.

It’s a shame I liked the idea of the pack at first but it’s just set too high up in the jump, and the crates are too far apart for it to become useful on a regular basis. If you lowered it not only would I take it for aggressive attacks but I’d take it whenever I dropped off the side

byte

The only compromise i could possibly agree on would be if i lowered it but got rid of the small one underneath.

However i just think it’s clearly a lack of adaptation more so than realising why it was at that height :) It wasn’t meant so you can get it from the side on the ravine/floor was meant from the bridge only etc

Anyway quite clear with your opinion, anyone elses? Anderson? Moose? Any other soldiers bm ?

Cheers

Byte

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

The main thing we both want is agressive play at middle, at the moment (and i havent seen the changes you’re talking about) it gets very crowed and spammy at middle; a well positioned health pack doesn’t just help that individual soldier it spreads the play and encourages teams to push out from their crates.

Daggial

fap

I agree with fragga

byte

Sounds good if more agree as a general consensus then it will be lowered, however the small health pack will be removed under neath without a shadow of a doubt!

Also remember for those agreeing the health pack is now available for scouts and can be taken by a scout just double jumping off the pillar or the crates, which could be daming if for example Predz got a hold it while he was on 1hp :D hopefully he will murder u all MWHAHA :x

But yeah more general consensus and it shall be done.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

RaCio

GoT²

a fan scout can already grab the healthpack atm :p

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 109 Next »