Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 109 Next »

ZeyOrk

good map buddy, just need a little more colors, and there you have it

Mark

Phase

Played a quick pug on it earlier with byte, very good fun (was a roll though). Definitely fast paced. Bright future.

Awx

InsertCoin

Well done byte, really enjoyed it.
Should be in primary map pool next season instead of gullywash/fastlane/well/turbine imo.

byte

<3 Honey :D and thanks Awx dude thats one of my aims yes! ^^

Cheers

Byte

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Should be in primary map pool next season instead of gullywash/fastlane/well/turbine imo.

byte

Have any clans played this yet in a pcw?

If yes, have you as a clan got any feedback?

If no please get a pcw and play it! When you have a spare 30mins :D or just want to have fun after a 2hours of league gaming or w/e! D:

Cheers

Byte

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

ok couple of things:

1. I managed to enter the enemy spawn room from the top left last night

2. When the enemy hold outside of final in the lobby area, even though there’s three routes in (right, main and upper) it can become almost impossible to break them down, because the heavy classes can hold both the upper and the main with height advantage.

I’ve drawn an idea which I think might help, as it would allow the defending team be to flanked.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8425/obscureupperentrance.jpg

Last edited by Fragga,

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

It would be better if it was set further back but i couldnt draw it like that obviously, but what i mean is that the first sketch the door would be much further to the right, and that the entrance to final would be on far right from the attackers POV.

Might be a terrible idea, but something to think about at least

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4605/obscureupperentrance2.jpg

Ok bit messy cba taking the screens again, but a route going through there would be ideal to allow the attacking team a means to get behind the enemy at lobby from the upper route.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

another thing, the fragga pack is useless, its death sentence to go for it and it cant be reached by an RJ shown in this picture. In the 4 or 5 pugs I’ve played on the map I’ve yet to see anyone go for the pack.

If I was to suicide for the medic I’d never RJ so high, reducing the height of the pack would make it more realistic and allow soldiers who fall underneath the middle point the possbility to RJ up like shown on the picture and grab it.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7643/fraggapackrj.jpg

.____________.

another thing, the fragga pack is useless, its death sentence to go for it and it cant be reached by an RJ shown in this picture. In the 4 or 5 pugs I’ve played on the map I’ve yet to see anyone go for the pack.

If I was to suicide for the medic I’d never RJ so high, reducing the height of the pack would make it more realistic and allow soldiers who fall underneath the middle point the possbility to RJ up like shown on the picture and grab it.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7643/fraggapackrj.jpg

I go for it everytime i’m on middle, whether i need the health or not :( It’s so shiny, how can you possibly resist? This might be why i die so much though. Lowering it might do, but shouldn’t lower it too much as it would be too easy to get (or possibly too hard as it would go underneath you as you jump :P)

Don’t know if i like the part underneath the middle point, as falling down as a heavy class = death. The bottle of health underneath is useless as you can get spammed down sooo easily going for it.

Last edited by .____________.,

byte

Nah Joe you need to find the sweet spot to rj from to get it while advancing and while you have advantage of being in the air, you’re clearly not hitting it, i’ll show you this evening if you want.

The height is prime again from the sweet spot for a soldier, and you’re thinking too sequentially i.e. if the health pack is lowered then it should be easier/better, you’re forgetting that if i lower it a scout will be able to get it and in my view will kill the game play as it will be classes who have the main advantage on that map, they already have 5 other health packs (the scouts) so a 6th is ott.

Like i said the height is actually 100% correct (tested it over 50 times) but you have to have the chance and do it from the correct area and also adjust a different type of rj. It’s hard to justify it because everyone thinks their “rj” is the correct way but there are all kinds of rj’s you can do…

The main aim for that health is so that you get it while with momentum and you land on their box, thus meaning you have a chance to look down on the enemies and pick out the demo or medic and so on…

Just ask me tonight Joe will show you, or if the majority of players are having difficulty finding the “sweet” spot i’ll do a demo of it and you can play around then with how much power/crouch/jump/strafe you need to do…

illi the health pack underneath will entail you getting spam, however this ur punishment in the first place, it’s not meant as a 2nd chance it’s meant as a risk.

For example Scenario “x”

Your a soldier on 76hp you drop down into the ravine (under the bridge) you see the health pack, you realise you need more health, the risk is you can get spammed, but also the positive side is you may not, but its a risk you take its like a “punishment” for you going after it, if you want “protected” health i.e. one where you can’t get hurt from by getting it, either get the one in the house or the small one in the ramp room…

No pain no gain rule ^_^

Let me know guys if you want me to do a .dem of the health pack on cp3. (It is an obvious place and it shouldn’t need showing, but if i can do it and i know others can then anyone else can! :-))

Cheers

Byte

.____________.

Well tbh, falling down in the first place is just.. impossible to get out of if youre not a scout in the middlefight. Due to all the random shit you can take selvdamage from when trying to kill a scout underneath, it makes it more than difficult staying alive. The health pack just takes another 5 seconds away from the amount of time you have left to live while underneath :P

But ok, i’ll just not fall down then. Good plan? mmmmhm.

byte

Your lucky to even get a health pack lol, don’t see anyone complaining when you drop off from the bridge on badlands and have no health pack ? :D

Also (god knows how your cratering when you fall off the bridge) but the only possible way i can think of cratering is by jumping off the bridge then crouching and landing in the deeper/ravine bit lol, and if that is the case then you deserve it you big cratering panda! kthx

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

.____________.

Staying alive underneath badlands middle is much easier :P I’m not saying it’s horrible and omg change it, simply saying you’re pretty much fucked if you fall down there (which most people do, no idea why, everyone just tends to fall down from middle and you have this big pointless fight that ends up with the scouts killing all the heavies). Ofc this might just be me being really good at dying. I say we place ickle Joe underneath with two enemy scouts and a demo and let him ninja himself out of it, if he manages it i’ll shut up :P

And wtf is cratering :<

Last edited by .____________.,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 109 Next »