Forum

cp_obscure_remake_rc1 - Need a Mapper

Created 4th August 2009 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 109 Next »

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Hurry up and finish the map

Finishing the map quickly is not a desirable goal in my opinion.

Course it is, once its done properly ;)

ambra

awesome map
first custom map i actually approve

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

I know we’ve already had this discussion and you dont want to make soldiers stronger at 2nd, but if you did allow the roof of the snow house to be accessable a soldier could “speed rj” off it and approach middle point from the left-underneath, which at the moment I can’t see them doing.

The stairs on the right-side at final really could be made into ramps, until valve fix the splash damage bug its pointless having stairs unless you intentionally want to make it easier for scouts to avoid the splash damage.

Bringing the crates at middle slightly closer together will encourage teams to get nearer, and allow RJ’ing soldiers somewhere to land without taking fall-damage. Personally speaking I’d never jump for the fragga pack, 50 damage from the RJ + 30 from the fall-damage negates any benefit from the pack (plus landing on higher ground of the crates will encourage them to do it)

Last edited by Fragga,

MaNeY

Played a pickup on this map today and i really enjoyed it :D

obscure for etf2l gogogo :D

byte

Nah sorry Fragga, i know you want every map to be 101% for the soldier but the health pack was put in the air at that height because of two reasons

a) Prime height of a rj for a soldier (if done correctly)
b) If you do get it, it’s not so you do survive it’s so you take down something with you with more health than what you had started with, you wanna stay alive? Use the 5 other health packs at cp3 ^_^.

The one in the air is purely for aggressive play, you go aggro you expect to murder maybe 1 or 2 enemies but also die for your team (sometimes you can get lucky and you going so aggressive you kill 2 enemies and your “TEAM” come and help you this is not quake my friend really isn’t quake.

As for the stairs thing i’m looking into that as that is a valid point you raise altho be it not my problem but still ^_^.

Cheers

Byte

byte

Oh and fragga excluding the faster route that I (:P) showed you… you can actually get the health pack at cp3 in the air and land on 200hp.

I’ll let you figure out how this time instead of me telling you again ^_^

Cheers

Byte

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

and the snow building?

Edit: WTF Isn’t this Quake?

Last edited by Fragga,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

As for the stairs thing i’m looking into that as that is a valid point you raise altho be it not my problem but still ^_^.

Why not leave the stairs as they are but blanket them with an invisible block in the shape of a ramp? They’ll still look like stairs but will have splash damage like a ramp.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Why not leave the stairs as they are but blanket them with an invisible block in the shape of a ramp? They’ll still look like stairs but will have splash damage like a ramp.

can that be done?! why dont valve just do this then with their other maps!!

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

can that be done?! why dont valve just do this then with their other maps!!

Because they’re Valve :P

byte

If I enable that roof on the left of cp2 so that soldiers can stand on it, this “ninja” route as such (as a scout can get in without being seen properly) will now become useless, as the scout has this stupid soldier spamming rockets down to its face.

You have the crate to stand on which is the right distance to at least anticipate and kill the scout, i ain’t gonna make the map jus 100% for soldiers am I? This is why scouts love it as well :|

The balance in that area is quite fair and anything changed on it I believe would mess up the flow for certain classes. Also the bottom left ramp door might be moving forward a bit so that the flow of the game is even faster.

Anyway another update post of some small changes will be posted tonight.

Cheers

Byte

Edit: Thanku Ambraaaa <3 :)

Last edited by byte,

fJack

k^m

Edit: WTF Isn’t this Quake?

news to me bro.

byte

Guys and Girls, Newbies – Beginners – Pro’s – Elitist’s and Skre (he has his own skill name).

Multiplay have offered to put the map on a public 12v12 server, now i’m not too sure what the outcome of this will be however…it’s always worth a try to see the vision of it going beyond a 6v6 scenario.

The mp_respawnwavetime is set at 10seconds so it’s not a snore fest and you have to wait using valves default spawn times but at the same time any lower i think would just make it impossible to re-cap a capture point.

If for those who care or have shown support or would like to can do me a favour and try and spread the word about to give it a try out on a public server that would be awesome.

To your TF2 friends, your clan buddies, your idols whoever! The more the merrier =)

Details

Multiplay.co.uk :: Public :: TF2 (10) (cp_obscure_alpha)
IP: 85.236.100.239:27015

mp_respawnwavetime = 10
Class limits – Scout x 3 , Demo x 3 the rest is as many, if you think this is wrong let me know and by general consensus i can change it in a flash np :)

Muchos thanks guys/gals

Cheers

Byte

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

yeah too many demomen obviously.

byte

Can you stop whining about the whole soldier imba thing, do it on another post Joe not a hard ask?

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 109 Next »