Forum

[WIP] cp_bazillion (rc5)

Created 30th September 2010 @ 17:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 19 Next »

Arnold

DAKKA

So, being able to bomb the medic when they hold choke to force them is a bad thing? Size is OK, I don’t want another gullywash and neither do you. Gully is the smallest map in the pool wether or not that’s a good or bad thing i’ll leave up to you.

The map was not designed with the heavy in mind, not that you can’t use him effectively but i can’t imagine it being the better choice on any cp. It’s an alternative but not one that will gimp other classes.

Last is designed for the defending team to best hold agressively, standing at spawn is a bad idea in general for several reasons. You’re better of trying to push yourself instead of turtling last. I also wouldn’t advise using sentries, the distances and structure of last allow the attackers to always have a safe spot from where to spam the sentry.

I will not cut down vast areas, i might do something about some sniper sightlines but I’m sure the distance between 2nd and mid is not an issue.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

map size is fine imo

jukebox

broder

played it for the first time yesterday, in a pickup as soldier, and it was great. although the middle point seemed kind of cramped. other than that i had a great time playing it.

good job, Arnold

dauk

actually I like the demoman rollout and push last thou that top balcony. It makes me feel like old spice man that does “power dive”.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

This map is amazing, and it look amazing and I love it.

But I’d agree with mid being a bit cramped.

JustMoose

.:ne:.

Quoted from Arnold

The map was not designed with the heavy in mind,

A tf2 map should be made with all the classes in mind…

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from JustMoose

[…]

bs

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from JustMoose

[…]

The main comp classes – yes, utilities – no.

Arnold

DAKKA

Quoted from JustMoose

[…]

When mapping for comp focusing on the heavy class is just a bad idea. Heavy will invariably be useful when you map for the classes used in comp. Same goes for sniper. It’s just a bad idea to make a map that favors classes which can be extremely powerful when put in their ideal setting.

byte

I love the cp3 concept of capping is great, lots of aerial yet territorial carnage to occur.

My two concerns Arnold are

– Sniper vision on cp2 is too much, last night I pld it against a moderately good sniper (yea okay not exactly a wltrs or cookeye) but you get the idea, and we ended up turtling for about 7 minutes until “1 minute remaining” came on the clock lol so I just did a double sticky jump to get behind them etc which broke the enemy team apart. However you can see what I’m saying here, the view of the sniper is insane. That for me needs addressing on cp2.

[Edit: Also Arnold forgot to mention the sniper view from cp3 to cp2 is very big too, i.e. a sniper standing on the far right ledge on cp3 can see all the way into cp2 right side (if you’re defending) and also at the same time the sniper can see his right side when they come from the “house”/”choke” etc…]

– Last capture point is a bit muddled but still good enough and works in terms of A v D but the little balcony right at the top where a sniper can get picks off is ridiculous for me, that should be raised higher so that the sniper view can not see down where people stand near the capture point HOWEVER it can be used to jump off and act as a ninja cap, I can see why its there.

hope that helps Arnold.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Arnold

DAKKA

The sniper sightline on last should be fixed in rc1, i don’t want the sniper to be completely useless, just keep in mind what a sniper is cabable of seeing when looking trough the dropdown. You’ll be fine.

The sniper sightline on cp2, where exactly did the sniper snipe from? it can be an easy fix if you could tell me where.

Spike Himself

TC

tl;dr byte got sat by tviq :D

Mads2

eureka

Snipers are cool.

JustMoose

.:ne:.

Quoted from Arnold

[…]

When mapping for comp focusing on the heavy class is just a bad idea. Heavy will invariably be useful when you map for the classes used in comp. Same goes for sniper. It’s just a bad idea to make a map that favors classes which can be extremely powerful when put in their ideal setting.

I never said that you should focus on one class…

byte

Arnold pm me tonight for the demo will upload it for u :)

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 19 Next »