Mark

Phase

The heavy poster. THE HEAVY POSTER.

Rokstanski

y
maybe u can add some illustrations of yours in poster form

Arnold

DAKKA

Honeymustard was kind enough to make a flytrough of bazillion, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRudcZPWPBQ

Thanks Honey

@rockstanski, if i come up with an idea that requires more refinement in a poster i will certainly do that.

Last edited by Arnold,

Vince

BiG

Now that this is included in the map pool, I feel the urge to give my view on it. Note that I only ever played it once in a double mix, and on pub.

Mid is far too one-dimensional, which is a result of removing all those routes for other reasons. I also don’t like the high ground on either side, which makes it too yukon-ish with exposed cap zones (although the split cap zone helps against that, and the high ground isn’t too big, so splash works well)

2nd is uninteresting, nothing fun to do as scout. At the very least I would be expecting to be able to jump from the right route from mid into second onto the ramp up to the roof.
With the capture zone being so disjoined from the area, you pretty much have to deathmatch the enemy team and then cap. The point itself is not really of interest in the combat. And I don’t like the solly hiding spot above it.

As for last, the high ground left and the dropdown feel really odd, a bit too much height difference I think. Also defending is really awkward.

And now I feel I should’ve voiced my opinion before, instead of complaining now. I remember reading about how it was your try how far you can push the 5cp concept, and didn’t think of it as a possible comp map.

Vince

BiG

At least clip these 3, can get stuck there when running through :)

http://www.hawnutor.org/image/qNYVspZ.jpg
http://www.hawnutor.org/image/pAT3xHf.jpg
http://www.hawnutor.org/image/q_qEkrh.jpg

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

I hate rollout as medic, always get slowed down on the first cp. Could you lower it slightly? It’s not a huge deal, just pretty annoying being cut off from the rest of your team for a few seconds.

Springer

DAKKA

Quoted from Daleth

I hate rollout as medic, always get slowed down on the first cp. Could you lower it slightly? It’s not a huge deal, just pretty annoying being cut off from the rest of your team for a few seconds.

Yeah told Arnold the same to and I think its fixed in RC1 by puting some stuff (wood) in front of the CP.

Last edited by Springer,

choiie

keso

grats, mate

Netsky

I found a duck on this map! :D

are there more?

Arnold

DAKKA

@Netsky I think i’ve hidden 5 ducks atm

@Vince I will take your notes into consideration and will look into those places you get stuck

@Chojje thanks

@Daleth, rc1 includes a stack of wood in front of the point, it allows you to walk on them without jumping, the best way to get onto point without losing momentum is to strafe just a little (you could do without too)

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Found 4 ducks :D

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Arnold

@Daleth, rc1 includes a stack of wood in front of the point, it allows you to walk on them without jumping, the best way to get onto point without losing momentum is to strafe just a little (you could do without too)

Sweet.

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Some feedback (from a Soldier/Heavy):

– Dull gray theme just feels boring. Lumberyard style instead maybe?
– Too sniper friendly. A good sniper can create stalemates between mid and 2nd. How are you supposed to force uber before you push in to 2nd? There is like no other way than having the demo suicide jump on the med to force them before we are forced, due to the huge distance.
– Too hard for heavy due to the extreme distances
– The overall map just feels too large to play well
– There should be some place to push in to 2nd covered and be able to come out close to the point, not having to run a marathon to reach it
– Distance between 2nd and mid is too big. All distances, all halls, all rooms just feels too big
– A bit overly-complicated and over-done last point. Cut down on some routes and simplify it. Gullywash is great because it isn’t over-done, it’s kept simple and logical and it’s not so enormously large.

Sum up:
– Squeeze the map together a lot, less distance between points and simplify the whole last-point-building, there is no need for all the routes and floors.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I’m not a big fan of the map as you might’ve seen on IRC. I love gullywash though, fantastic map.

Last edited by Alx,

Tornf4lk

cc//

the harder it is for heavies to play on it the better experience most of us will have, don’t do those changes ):

JustMoose

.:ne:.

I agree with everything Alx said.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 19 Next »