Forum

[WIP] cp_bazillion (rc5)

Created 30th September 2010 @ 17:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 Next »

Arnold

DAKKA

Quoted from JustMoose

[…]
I never said that you should focus on one class…

I never said that you did, my point being is that you should disregard those classes because they will be useful no matter what.

hz

Arnold,

The sniper spot from 2nd to mid can really destroy the mid fights. :(

Arnold

DAKKA

I’m looking into that, used to have minecarts that blocked view on top of the little balcony but some guy complained at one time, will figure something out :)

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Quoted from lolage

[…]

The main comp classes – yes, utilities – no.

If you look at the etf2l post Heavy is now counted as one of the main combat classes, not utility.

Mark

Phase

I think that settles that then, redo the map please Arnold.

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Quoted from Mark

I think that settles that then, redo the map please Arnold.

What I’m saying is that you can’t make a map a sniper heaven and a heavy hell and see it as “balanced”. Squeeze the map together between mid and 2nd, and fix the sniper sightlines.

@arnold “sightlines are fixed in rc1” – We played rc1 (byte was demo in that stalemate game). Sniper had some insane spots, it was far from fixed.

Arnold

DAKKA

The sniper sightline on last should be fixed in rc1

note the ‘on last’ part, there is really only one spot on the map where the sniper has a significant sightline which I am working on. I’m not fixing it by scaling the map down btw. A sniper sightline doesn’t equal a problem in size. The map is normal 5cp size, and it’s not a matter of opinion it’s factual, smaller than badlands.

Last edited by Arnold,

Taimou

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7296100/bazillionhidingspots.rar

There’s a .rar file with some .tga screenshots showing alot of hiding spots in bazillion. Some might be a bit hard to understand without taking screenshots from different angles but I think you’ll find them out easily

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Check the hiding spots when you’re playing, then? I can point out loads of hiding spots in Granary, Badlands, Gullywash etc, but they don’t work because people know to check them.

Arnold

DAKKA

Thanks a lot Taimou!

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Alx

Some feedback (from a Soldier/Heavy):

– Too hard for heavy due to the extreme distances
– The overall map just feels too large to play well
– There should be some place to push in to 2nd covered and be able to come out close to the point, not having to run a marathon to reach it
– Distance between 2nd and mid is too big. All distances, all halls, all rooms just feels too big

http://i.imgur.com/M1rHM.jpg

I found it quite straight forward as heavy.

What I found working:
To mid: Right side to mid, then either draw fire / pressure their soldier or run left behind the cover of the point and pressure scout
To cp4: Push right trough cave outside, then pressure and / or run under the point.
To last: Top left, should be easy
Defending cp2: Hold on top of the building or on the ramp towards it if they push right side.
Defending last: On the rails left side of the glass?

Arnold

DAKKA

Some changes i’m working on right now

*added a medium hp pack instead of the small one on mid floor (both sides)
*blocked the sightline from mid to 2nd choke/valley
*added stairs to walk onto last point (defenders side)
*cut off the metal catwalk on the left side of point so you can run past to left side instead of needing to jump onto the platform first
*made all lights non-solid so soldiers can’t jump up or get stuck
*changed lighting to upward lighting, same goes for skybox
*mirrored the displacements on mid so scouts can jump up the wooden cover on both sides (and onto the catwalk from there on)
*fixed displacements on mid so you can run around easily
*clipped little doorway so you can more easily back out from mid
*clipped other tiny corners
*fixed some tiny bugs
*made it possible for scouts to get on top of crates in lower lobby, so they can get up the fire-exit and backcap/get behind

Last edited by Arnold,

spence

¤_¤

Really like bazillion even though last is a little bit complicated however with a few games it does become quite easy to navigate around.

One thing that did annoy me slighty were the sloped ramps being very steep (Just outside of cp2 and op to last from underneath) I think they are just slightly too steep in that they stand out.

hykleri

Sigh… I miss the times when there were no bars at top on last. It was more fun with sniper. :(

Stranger

2stronk

Quoted from Arnold

Some changes i’m working on right now

*added a medium hp pack instead of the small one on mid floor (both sides)
*blocked the sightline from mid to 2nd choke/valley
*added stairs to walk onto last point (defenders side)
*cut off the metal catwalk on the left side of point so you can run past to left side instead of needing to jump onto the platform first
*made all lights non-solid so soldiers can’t jump up or get stuck
*changed lighting to upward lighting, same goes for skybox
*mirrored the displacements on mid so scouts can jump up the wooden cover on both sides (and onto the catwalk from there on)
*fixed displacements on mid so you can run around easily
*clipped little doorway so you can more easily back out from mid
*clipped other tiny corners
*fixed some tiny bugs

Will you add all of this right before the season week 1 kicks off?

Also from what i’ve played so far in the #pixeltf2.pickup the map plays really well. It’s nice fresh, fast paced, has a lot of variety like badlands and plays completely different from any other map in the pool.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 Next »