Forum

FEEDBACK FOR GORGE:

Created 12th January 2010 @ 10:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

mb

keso

I think the linearity and that it only has 2 caps will be it’s detrement. Will get “figured out” pretty quickly and thus boring. I also think it’s to easy to snipe as a defender at the opening gates.

ambra

snipers are way too dominant in the first part, maybe add some obstacles so they can’t see all the entrances from across the yard

also the map feels so fkn wide

The sniper can also see all the entrances to last from a pretty safe spot on the right.

Sentries would probably be more effective if the width was scaled down a bit.

yes but keep in my theres plenty of ways for a spy to sneak behind and get rid of the sniper

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

1st try of my team and I just say lol
defending at the start and losing in 1:45 both points
and couldnt make this time ofc
attacking again and get 2:14
and they couldnt make it
so after abba we played less than 8 mins + 4 mins setup time
8 mins what a joke

Last edited by cheee,

and they couldnt make it
8 mins what a joke

“l2p”, it’s not that hard to defend.

dauk

and they couldnt make it
8 mins what a joke

we had absoloutely same situation

seraph

rEJ

Maybe removing all terrain and features would make it easier to play well the first time.

Played some more, and it either goes by REAL damn fast or it takes 10+ minutes per round.

I’m loving it though.

iQue

keso

Forward spawns would be nice. I gotta admit it’s pretty nice to see some engie play and keeping up teleporters but the map would benefit greatly from a forward spawn for the blue team. I’m not as sure if red would really need a forward spawn as it could be either too close to the 1st point or too close to the first spawn…

The map plays great though, it really is lot of fun. You need both very coordinated pushes and DM skills.

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

great map, has a granlands linear feel to it, but the technical/tactical play of a gravelpit or turbine. People have mentioned the map is too large, i think this isnt the case.

The CP style forces players to attack and defend in and around the key area points, which given the slightly larger feel does offer some great deviation from the normal “push left/right” style we see on our normal competitive scene.

A 2 wave defence, by this i mean either having a uber-on-uber battle in yard (before first capture point) or forcing the attacking team to uber to kill the SG is a must. If you opt for the uber-on-uber yard defence, its key that you:

1) keep the medic alive after uber is out
2) Place the SG away from the yard, so that its a 2nd line of defence
3) huddle around SG for support, blitz defence accordingly or fall back for a last defence

If you opt for the alternative method of using the SG to force uber again;

1) keep the medic alive (duuh)
2) use your uber to repush
3) kill! :D

Using either defence also relies heavily on getting out when you’re out of your depth. 6 man down attacking last pretty much grants the attacking team a sub-3min attacking round.

Its mostly common sense, but im pretty sure the use of a sniper/spy/engy/heavy play a more crucial role than you’ll see on other maps, which in my eyes is a big *thumbs up* from me.

First Capture point seems a tad slow at capping(often a team is waiting on last cp to attack whilst the first is still capping) but i guess thats to make it so the game isnt a 1 minute wondermap.

Food for thought :]

Last edited by Anderson,

Mark

Phase

My only complaint, and its a big one, all the stairs are 45 degrees, which is stupid enough, but they also don’t have player clips on them so when you walk up and down on them your fucking screen bounces up and down. Sort it out valve.

flix

n2o

forward spawn

other than that…its a cool map!

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

So we’ve had the one day cup now… Any more opinions?

kurt

trick17
trick17

You really can’t defend the yard atleast we could not do that properly. Heavy and engi at the stairs/platform in front of the first 1 cp seem to be most effective.

Plumb3d

Tplay

Last edited by Plumb3d,

Plumb3d

Tplay

Last edited by Plumb3d,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »