FEEDBACK FOR GORGE:

Key:
• Control Point 1 = Bridge
• Control Point 2 = Final Control Point

In a nut shell:
• It’s too easy to attack CP1
• It’s too easy to defend CP2

Reasoning:
• Defending team begin by holding yard by the Attacking teams spawn. Inevitably they will lose this area. Once this area is lost, it takes the Defending team too long to get from spawn to CP1 (plus respawn time). There is no quick/easy way to get there for Defending team.
• It takes the attacking team WAY too long to get from spawn to CP2. Attacking team can sacrifice a player for engineer to build a teleporter. Defending last has hundreds of places to put VERY useful sentry guns. If Defending team uses TWO sentry guns, Attacking team cannot afford to sacrifice a heavy class for an Engineer. Scouts are pretty useless attacking CP2. The chokepoints entering the final control point are very small and easy to spam. The majority of the time spent attacking CP2 is running across a large distance from spawn, building ubers, camping, getting raped by spam. The Banner would be a good asset for an attacking team. It’s boring to play and watch.

Potential solutions:
• Add a new spawn for Attacking team closer to CP1.
• Add a new spawn for Defending team closer to CP1.
• Edit the respawn times for optimum outcome.

Jh

Hey dats!

george*

and yeah it needs forward spawns.

Randdalf

(0v0)

I think the difficulty of capturing the points is intended, however, I think those difficulties are a bit too extreme on the scale.

The map should go easy->hard, but currently it’s more like very easy->very hard.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Funny you didn’t mention the op sniperspot on defence, right next to the respawn with one way to get to for the enemy team. That one way is also incredibly easy to hold with a single scout. You can see the enemies coming to all the entrances apart from the middle on slightly in advance so you can scope and even charge your shot before the opponent can even try shooting at you. Building a sg in the pit or under the side of the pit makes it pretty much impossible to even blindly spam with stickies. You also need to kill all the defending players + 1-2 sentryguns to be able to cap, or you just get spammed down in the pit.

All in all, the map needs quite a big rework for it to work, because as jones said the 1st is impossible to defend and the second is impossible to capture without a huge difference in personal skills and a lack of tactics for one team.

Last edited by Rake,

nvc

Key issue we have here is not in response to how the map plays on a competitive level lads but;

IT’S JUST NOT FUN TO PLAY.

just my view.

Last edited by nvc,

wai

TEZC
TEZC

its wayyyy to big for my liking, needs new spawns, needs some work :<

Darn

rockit like

Key issue we have here is not in response to how the map plays on a competitive level lads but;

just my view.

1+

Jones

Sniper in spawn, 2 x engy, 1x demo, 1xsol and 1xmedic would be very difficult to break down when nested in the fortress that is CP2.

m00n

Trade gorge for fastlane, problem solved.. <3

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

+1

LTK

WR_AWESOME

just my view.

1+

2+

psy

+1

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Hell no, that map should be banished forever xD

mb

keso

I’m quite surprised that no one has noticed the similarities between Gorge and any stage of dustbowl and we don’t play dustbowl very often do we?

Hell no, that map should be banished forever xD

+1

Fuck Fastlane.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 11 Next »