Forum

FEEDBACK FOR GORGE:

Created 12th January 2010 @ 10:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11

atreides

I haven’t questioned the engineer class (or the fun part of it when defending at times) generally. If there’s a really defensive class, it’s the engineer, although some pubbers play him as a less effective, offensive supporter.

One element why it’s that hard to take the 2nd cp is the absence of a forward respawn.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

The cp2 is easy to defend with a good sniper and an engy, or two engies. Only tested engies in pugs which might have something to do with it, thought. The only decent way to destroy the sentry is from the top level, and you easily get caught midair causing your uber to be forced, just to kill that one sg. If there’s two and they’re not destroyable by the same stickies for example, there’s little you can do. Also jumping down to the pit is a suicide unless you killed the whole enemy team + 1-2 sgs with, as jones pointed out, 5 players (unless you spent an extra 30s running to the point or something). Good luck with that. The point needs some sort of positional advantage to the sg’s for the attackers.
Taking away the pit would to quite a great extent modify the last point and I wouldn’t even consider it the same point anymore. You could try removing the ledge people hide their sentries under, but I think there might be better ways. Also add some obstacle around the pit in some areas to stop directly spamming downwards with small to no risk of suffering damage yourself. Adding some sort of ledge to the right of the defenders’ spawn might stop getting to the point so quickly after respawn, but it’d also be a major buff to the sniper standing there, acting as a cover.
Also adding some extra route to the room before the cp2 could make attacks there more varied and make it harder for a sniper to keep track of all players moving thru that room.
A forward respawn is, in my opinion, required because nothing is more boring to play as/watch than an engineer that doesn’t get any kills or have any action at all apart from a little shotgunning on pushes. This doesn’t necessarily have to remove an utility class from use, but it would instead free one player from playing engi to play sniper or spy, or possibly even heavy.

Last edited by Rake,

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Rake summed up everything nicely to be honest…

1) fix sentry spot (make it so only 1 sentry can be put down their or something? add cover?
2) forward respawns

Last edited by GibbZ,

stko!

-9m-
-9m-

Quoted from JimmyBreeze

Does anyone have any stv demos of this happening? I haven’t seen it yet and I’d like to.

I will be contacting some of the teams that played in the ESH cup tonight and/or tomorrow. I’ve been so busy at work, so I haven’t heard any detailed feedback from it yet. It was good to see that the brackets went to form, that we didn’t have any division 4 teams beating division 2 ones or whatever.

Have a word with SnowiE to see if he has some — we’ve run two sentries on last a few times and it has always locked it down.

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

So…

The forward spawn is very nice for everyone who doesn’t like to walk, but I’m disappointed by the changes to cp2. It doesn’t seem to make any difference.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

they added an extra way for the attackers, more cover so the enemy doesnt know where you come from so i think its gotten better

Quoted from baerbel

they added an extra way for the attackers, more cover so the enemy doesnt know where you come from so i think its gotten better

They added a new way to get on the first top, the number of ways to get to the last point hasn’t changed nor have they changed. They moved the crates a little forward, that’s all.

RaCio

GoT²

Last should already be much easier to attack with the forward respawn, and the extra cover looks good.

Last edited by RaCio,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11