Forum

FEEDBACK FOR GORGE:

Created 12th January 2010 @ 10:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

This is the gorge feedback thread. Give constructive comments about the map cp_gorge or your posts will be deleted.

dauk

do not like at all , compare to this gravelpit looks good. Main reason probably is the awful last point.

Randdalf

(0v0)

It’s hard to act on the height advantage at the last point given that the platforms are so narrow, easily spammed and give a restrictive view of the area. It’s way too easy to defend last at the moment, and too easy to attack 1st.

JimmyBreeze

k^m

I’m going to be sending my feedback to Valve over the weekend, so anything you want them to hear, post it here tomorrow!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

It’s all so cramped when pushing last. I prefer having some space. Yes, there is a big room. But most of the fighting is in these little cramped areas.

julieN1

cQr

it sucks.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Absolutely love this map :D

I’ve really enjoyed playing it so far :D In terms of additions/tweaks I can agree with people that broadening some of the corridors in and around last might make it easier to attack which would be nice.. a forward spawn for attack/defence is also an option.. although I can go for/against on that one as the current need for an engie makes the map feel kinda unique :)

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

forward spawn

the last cp should be on the same level as the rest of the base (so no sentry hidden)
you only have one charge and
you cant really destroy a sentry in the corner on the cap point level and kill 3 people

atm you have to force the Uber of the defender or better headshot/backstab the medic
atm its more luck than skill imo

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

I think Quickman has a good point. Defending in the room right before cp2 is pretty easy as it is, which makes it tough to destroy the sentry in the pit PLUS kill the opposing team. The other option is to control the whole room that has cp2 and then spam the sentry. If it’s easier to take out the sentry next to the cap, then you can focus on a “normal” player v.s. player fight (instead of v.s. sentry). That would make it less random.

The more I play the map, the more I think a forward respawn isn’t necessary. It would eliminate the offensive engineer, which is part of the charm of this map. Besides that, it doesn’t look as if the distance between spawn and cp2 is a lot more than say the distance between the spawn and cp2 on some stages of dustbowl (or spawn and C on gravelpit).

Jones

The more I play this map, the more I’m convinced the outcome relies on fortune and less on skill. Playing offensive engineer requires zero skill. Playing defensive engy requires very little skill. Playing a map with two engies on defence (which works very well) and one engy on attack means at least 3 of the 12 players aren’t using any skill to play. Taking down two sentries with 5 players (as one is playing offensive engy) and the enemy uber is awful. The only reason I’ve seen teams lose this map on defence is because they mess about and lose 3 players trying to be heroes. This wouldn’t happen in officials.

Quoted from Shabbaman

I think Quickman has a good point. Defending in the room right before cp2 is pretty easy as it is, which makes it tough to destroy the sentry in the pit PLUS kill the opposing team. The other option is to control the whole room that has cp2 and then spam the sentry. If it’s easier to take out the sentry next to the cap, then you can focus on a “normal” player v.s. player fight (instead of v.s. sentry). That would make it less random.

The more I play the map, the more I think a forward respawn isn’t necessary. It would eliminate the offensive engineer, which is part of the charm of this map. Besides that, it doesn’t look as if the distance between spawn and cp2 is a lot more than say the distance between the spawn and cp2 on some stages of dustbowl (or spawn and C on gravelpit).

I think the room right before the last point could use an extra route in, from the left (attackers’ view) maybe.

And an offensive engineer? SRSLY GUISE??!! Boring to play, even more boring to watch.

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Quoted from Jones

Playing a map with two engies on defence (which works very well)

Does anyone have any stv demos of this happening? I haven’t seen it yet and I’d like to.

I will be contacting some of the teams that played in the ESH cup tonight and/or tomorrow. I’ve been so busy at work, so I haven’t heard any detailed feedback from it yet. It was good to see that the brackets went to form, that we didn’t have any division 4 teams beating division 2 ones or whatever.

atreides

Quoted from Sturmis

[…]

And an offensive engineer? SRSLY GUISE??!! Boring to play, even more boring to watch.

Totally agree with this. I doubt anyone who likes this “offensive engineer” role has ever played it on gorge, I did. It’s boring as hell.

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from atreides

[…]

Totally agree with this. I doubt anyone who likes this “offensive engineer” role has ever played it on gorge, I did. It’s boring as hell.

I didn’t say it’s thrilling. But it’s an opinion: on publics there are a lot of players that enjoy playing offensive engineer, even on Gorge. I guess nobody that plays in the ETF2L enjoys playing engineer at all, since it’s not their main class. Valve most likely thinks otherwise, or they wouldn’t have put the class in at all.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »