Forum

Weapon Limits And Bans

Created 11th January 2010 @ 18:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 13 Next »

piece

Well, limiting something means it isnt balanced (I am not talking about classes, thats another thing).
But you cant call somethign a sidegrade if the enemy is forced to run it as well to counter it. And thats the case with fan and tdh.
Sadly Valve has absolutely no feeling for balanced comp weapons. They only change something if we threaten them with tftrue. It took ages until the fan got changed…look at the outcome. Fun at pubs but shooting someone across the map in comp play? wtf?
Tdh 1 shots people. Thats a no go in every comp game.

But then again….we had that discussion for so long. Finally Div1 got proactive and stated what they will do. And they all share the same opinion…thats no coincidence.
Balance just got totally out of control in this game.

Last edited by piece,

Invalid argument.

Where is a lot of crap that can 1 shot ppl in TF2:
1) sniper – can 1 shot any class with a charged shot from across the map
2) spy – instagib backstab
3) demo – this one can kill entire team with only 1 click, no aim required.

On the other hand, TDH can 1 shot only one class – scout – and only at point blank.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Invalid argument.

On the other hand, TDH can 1 shot only one class – scout – and only at point blank.

The Sniper and the Spy are pick classes with powerful abilities which are very situational. This is offset by being ineffective in the majority of other situations.

On the other hand the Soldier is one of the most versatile classes. Capable of dealing and taking large amounts of damage, juggling opponents and moving almost anywhere at speed through rocket jumping. Why does the Soldier need a one-shot ability?

I hear sticky traps take time to set, where as the TDH is almost instant…

basH.

hf

Invalid argument.

Not only at point black. It can be on the other end of the map.A small jump is enough and he’s dead :)

edit: i think even without jumping it makes really much damage.

Last edited by basH.,

xzr

love seeing how supreme changing his main class to solly has already brainwashed him proper

RaCio

GoT²

Not only at point black. It can be on the other end of the map.A small jump is enough and he’s dead :)

[-]January 13, 2010 – Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Changed the Direct Hit to only minicrit enemies that have been launched into the air by an explosion

gryzor

Racio, racio, racio… You seem to think the forum-trolls whining about weapons actually give a shit about how the weapons in question actually plays and works.

Commendable.

xzr

[-]January 13, 2010 – Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Changed the Direct Hit to only minicrit enemies that have been launched into the air by an explosion

try jumping on the spire with a solly with a motherfucking railgun standing on top. great fun

Last edited by xzr,

atreides

I hope this wasn’t the recommendation of ETF2L about TDH… they removed the blatant bug, not their design misapprehension assuming you’re playing with Novint Falcon or you’re having limited motricity.

The Sniper and the Spy are pick classes with powerful abilities which are very situational. This is offset by being ineffective in the majority of other situations.

On the other hand the Soldier is one of the most versatile classes. Capable of dealing and taking large amounts of damage, juggling opponents and moving almost anywhere at speed through rocket jumping. Why does the Soldier need a one-shot ability?

This ability is compensated by smaller splash radius, so that it is almost impossible to splash-damage scout. Scout has high chances to kill TDH solly at close-mid range, but if he approaches at point blank he takes high risks of instant death. Quite fair, I suppose.

love seeing how supreme changing his main class to solly has already brainwashed him proper

:D

Btw, have nothing against TDH as a scout.

ilike2spin

RLM

I swear it can 1 shot medics too, at point blank, I might be wrong though.

atreides

I clarify your fairy-tales:

1. Point-blank damage of TDH is 140, not 125
-> it’s not just point-blank to kill a scout instant

2. It’s not a “fair” game anymore, as the scout needs three shots to kill a soldier if he starts shooting at your so-called point-blank range, Soldier just one.

Maybe you think that it’s “fair” that all depends on the Soldier’s ability to hit the Scout, that’s not even Paper, Scissors, Stone. That’s the view of around 2% in this community.

Last edited by atreides,

Gobi

WSB?

I clarify your fairy-fales:

1. Point-blank damage of TDH is 140, not 125
-> it’s not just point-blank to kill a scout instant

2. It’s not a “fair” game anymore, as the scout needs three shots to kill a soldier if he starts shooting at your so-called point-blank range, Soldier just one.

But with the speed and double jump capacity it’s hard to “one shot” good scouts.

piece

Well, then play scout against haunter, darn etc.
And you will notice a “slight” increase of death as scout.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 13 Next »