Forum

Weapon Limits And Bans

Created 11th January 2010 @ 18:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »

perry

[MIPC]

Are you stupid? :D

What are you? Some kind of dumb ass who is unable to read? :DDDD

What you’re saying is… the immense amount of extra damage you get from TDH is basically useless and does not, in fact, make the weapon overpowered?

I’ve already posted stats that shows that there is no “immense amount of extra damage” from DH. In fact, most successful shots done are hitting targets that are standing on the ground. Close shots against jumping scouts do not count as u would kill them with 1 DH shot anyway be they on the ground or not.

It’s spelled dumbass.

As for the rest of your comment, it simply makes no sense. Try harder.

carbon

I think TDH would be much better balanced if it made LESS damage than the regular RL. It could have the same splash radius than regular RL, but made less damage to compensate the greater speed. The air crit isn’t needed with a weapon that is this easy to hit airborne targets.

Summary on how to tune TDH:
* Same splash radius than the regular rocket launcher
* Remove minicrits and give only ~60% of the regular rl dmg

edit: even 60% could be too much

Last edited by carbon,

perry

[MIPC]

Almost forgot!

Please tell me I got you wrong here, or else you’re a massive retard.

no wonder you lost the winter war…

Have a nice day!

As for that… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

Russians: failing to kill a single guy since god knows when.

ps. have a nice day!

Last edited by perry,

ambra

why would different rules apply to division 1?

perry

[MIPC]

why would different rules apply to division 1?

It wouldn’t be a rule, it would be a mutual agreement prolly :)

Memento Mori

I certainly don’t agree with going completely vanilla because of 2 potentially overpowered weapons, especially when a patch has not been delivered yet.

The rocket launcher is the most overpowered weapon… but the Equalizer is fairly balanced, seeing as its main role is (for me) simply to help the soldier haul ass out of there and compensate for his shitty speed that has plagued him since day one.

Lets be honest: any soldier attempting to self-damage to 25 health and “ambush” (read:W+M1) the medic is doomed to failure the majority of the time. Any death to the equalizer is pretty much down to bad communication and lack of gamesense (or shotgun aim).

The difference with the direct hit is that the extra damage + minicrits allow complete bullcrap shots that in fact don’t require that the player has “Turned Pro” like the weapon tagline suggests.

In fact, I think nerfing to the same damage as rocket launcher with the speed is still fairly stupid; as said earlier, the rockets are quake speed in a game with non-quake movement speeds.

So add a little more splash (-50) but set the max damage to 80 or something, with a tight minimum damage, say 60 at long range.

Make it a highly consistent weapon that would always deliver damage if aimed correctly; just not much damage, because a quake rocket launcher is TOO EASY TO AIM IN THE CONTEXT OF TF2.

Last edited by Memento Mori,

ambra

why put such rules in first place if people can agree to ignore them?

I’m confused; shouldnt we all play the same game?

King Pave

#

Sun nuoli lensi pidemmälle, naapurin tontille. se katajainen jousipyssy oli hyvää puuta tietenkin. sun juuret ylsi syvemmälle sun isoisät tunnettiiin, suuren sukupuusi oksat on hyvää puuta tietenkin.

Memento Mori

Also, making the game potentially very different at division one level gives no incentive to attempt to reach that height of play.

The new question that will be asked is whether a team elects to stagnate in DIV2 with their sandwich + flaregun or leave all the changes that made the game better and strive for div 1?

The “scared of change” thing is overused and usually thrown out by massive idiots who think they know what they are talking about (how different this is eh?: :D) but I think it applies in this case. Really, the Direct Hit is like the FAN, Backburner, Natascha – made for worse players to help them without ever allowing them to reach their maximum potential.

As for that… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

Russians: failing to kill a single guy since god knows when.

ps. have a nice day!

The bullet tumbled upon impact and left his head. He was picked up by fellow soldiers who said “half his head was missing”.

Oh sure. You just can’t kill someone who have no vital places in the head!

Memento Mori

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Simo_hayha_second_lieutenant_1940.png

VANILLA PLOX

Dybdal

clone

While i havnt read all of the posts regarding everyones opinon about the “current” state of the game with the new unlocks, maps and such i thought i would like to share my opinon regarding the matter.

I dont think the new weapon unlocks provide anything positive to the game as a whole and this isnt about fearing change or not willing to try different ways of playing.

I’ve been playing games regularly against most of the new unlocks and i just dont feel the game is better because of it, i think it takes away key points of the game that made it enjoyable for me and as such i was overjoyed seeing most of the div1 players rejecting the idea’ of playing with them.

And the idea behind alienating the public part of the community by rejecting parts of the game is really not something that should hold any weight regarding this sitiuation, look at what CoD4 did, they banned about 75% of the game, made a ProMod for their game and it still was very successfull.

I just hope that etf2l will rethink their position and revert it to the old rules with the option of allowing the new unlocks if both teams agree instead instead of the other way around.

You wrote literally TDH isn’t op.

That’s also true. Having or not having crit airshots will not change much for this weapon. The impact of TDH critshots is overrated by majority, as it appears from this thread.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

thread cleaned up. pls dont derail this topic again

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

What the fuck is the point in limiting weapons to 1? It’s not a solution. Either ban certain weapons totally or allow them completely, but don’t start limiting them to just 1, it’s pointless.

Limiting weapons to 1 (and not banning) allows unlocks to play a role in the game and add diversity.

Limiting weapons to 1 (and not allowing 2) means the unlock doesn’t take over from the original weapon in cases where more than one of the class is allowed in a match.

And why allow chickenshit like fan and sandman in the first place? Add to that, for a game like TF2 that needs to progress competitively, playing it with swords and shields isn’t the way to go.

They are in the game, you play Team Fortress 2, they are part of Team Fortress 2. How many teams do you actually see using swords and shields in matches? There’s a few at the moment and their might be more in the future, but the VAST majority don’t use those weapons. For TF2 to grow competitively your idea is to take the game back two years. Don’t take a job in marketting please.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »