Forum

Usage of the 'Scottish Resistance'

Created 18th December 2009 @ 08:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

ups

Deleted

Sry SfnX, I thought you were referring to the general topic, not the video )

Last edited by ups,

Hiper

-YSND-

Another bug after the update http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJRawzJeuoc

byte

Not quite Gozzer , they might have improved the sticky jumping , but it’s still a problem.
See , it still can’t be used to get quickly to middle (atleast not on badlands) , because the range in which it detects that you’re close to the sticky is ridiculously small. So basically you can only jump straight up , if you jump infront of it in an angle it wont detonate.

It can n00ne mate you get there 1 second slower i.e. 9:47 in the house. Trust me its possible.

If you want to know how or what you have to do pm me 2night.

Only 1 bug left with this gun and thats stickies blowing up in my face. Also having to face your stickies to det them is okay however what is not okay is having only 2 out of a line of say 5 stickies all quite close to each other not det, like only 2 will go off even though all 5 stickies are close to each other i shouldn’t have to aim precisely to det every single one lol.

Cheers

Byte

Yea its definitly possible to make your way to mid pretty speedy, just a tad slower than the standard rocket launcher. As said before it may take a bit of time before the best routes are discovered.

As for aiming at stickys its not as if you need pin-point precision, just general aim/scanning. If you are worried about only detonating a few of your stickys in a general area then hold down secondary fire whilst scanning the area with your aim. If your crosshair comes within the certain distance of a sticky whilst holding down secondary fire then it will detonate.

DominiX

sP.

But that’s the problem – it becomes a problem to SCAN an area ( behind the wall for example ) and fight scouts with your pipes same time, they’re not handy enough therefore. You can detonate regular stickies without looking at them or being in the resuply while your stickies are at the oposite resuply. It’s just so damn close to side-grade, it’s almost a down grade, cause only thing you actually have in bonus is the ammount of stickies and you can place 14 stickies all in different places. I’m quite sure that new stickies are going to be used and people will adapt to play/jump with it, just not so fast as we seem to want.

Mark

Phase

Not quite Gozzer , they might have improved the sticky jumping , but it’s still a problem.
See , it still can’t be used to get quickly to middle (atleast not on badlands) , because the range in which it detects that you’re close to the sticky is ridiculously small. So basically you can only jump straight up , if you jump infront of it in an angle it wont detonate.

It can n00ne mate you get there 1 second slower i.e. 9:47 in the house. Trust me its possible.

If you want to know how or what you have to do pm me 2night.

Only 1 bug left with this gun and thats stickies blowing up in my face. Also having to face your stickies to det them is okay however what is not okay is having only 2 out of a line of say 5 stickies all quite close to each other not det, like only 2 will go off even though all 5 stickies are close to each other i shouldn’t have to aim precisely to det every single one lol.

Cheers

Byte

You probably know this but you can hold right click and just move your mouse over any stickies and they’ll detonate.

DominiX

sP.

It would be more efectively to detonate that bunch of stickies with one mouse click, putting crosshair in the dirrection of stickies, not only blow up 1-2 with 1 click or detonate one by one with dragging your mouse with mouse2 held. That was byte’s point imo.

Last edited by DominiX,

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

SR ON TURBINE YES!!! I CANNOT FRIGGING WAIT!!! THE FUN!!!

jason

PHX

how about crossover. It looks like it shouldn’t be as easy to lock down.

cMw

generalization of all your posts:

scouts demo need nerf, soldier needs buff

and would you like some cheese with that whine m8?

Jh

Hey dats!

who the fuck is this cmw character? gotfrag reject?

alfa

who the fuck is this cmw character? gotfrag reject?

A guy who whines about the US scene and plays non-stop on pug2

Last edited by alfa,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

You can push with it ok. Probably not AS effectively, but you can still do some neat things with it. For example, you can lay a sticky trap at the door you entered from, you can then push in and still left click right click spam at the enemy (slower yes). Then you can retreat out when they uber and you have a sticky trap still set up if they chase you that they won’t be expecting.

I think the gun has a much higher skill cap, but the rewards will be worth it when someone masters it. I can see people saying it’s useless now, and in 4 months time they will be calling for a ban. That seems to be how this community works ;)

dauk

I have some ideas how you can make fast and unexpected attacks on that way where enemy demo stickies are , by destroing them with sr. Need to test it out.

Last edited by dauk,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4