Forum

Usage of the 'Scottish Resistance'

Created 18th December 2009 @ 08:08

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

n00ne

Just got it and tryed it out.
I would like some opinions on how this weapon should be used in pcws.
Just some facts: You can’t jump with it , well – you can but you have to be looking right at the sticky to be able to blow it up , so you have to jump backwards.
When you shoot a sticky it takes longer to blow it up , i mean with the regular stickylauncher you could detonate the sticky almoast right away , but with the scottish resistance it takes twice as long.
The detonation itself isn’t that bad , you don’t need to be looking right at it and you can detonate them even if you’re pointing at them through a wall.

In overall this doesn’t look like an offensive weapon , my guess would be that this can be used when defending the last point , because you can cover all the exits with your 14 stickies ;) But then theres always the problem with when and if to switch which could be a pain in the ass.

Discuss.

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

i guess you may use in middle of a match
example, you use the normal stickies and if you are holding a point or sth you can switch to SR
because you cant rely on SR all the match that would be somehow impossible, but SR can prove useful at some parts, i dunno :/

agron

Relic

/me waits for Byte’s SR frag vid. 8 minutes of double sticky trap galore. BOOM STICKIES.

reggin

FoF

with pendulum

byte

I love you agron <3

Cheers

Byte

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I probably won’t be switching at all, for me personally i think it’s got too many bugs atm to be useful and honestly, i just don’t feel comfortable using it, it feels awkward.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Loooking at it, I’d say the stickies you plant should be visible through walls, nothing else of course, just the sticky, so you can actually detonate the damn thing when you move away from the area.

Detonation cone needs adjusting as well, you can end up blowing all your stickies if you’re close, and having to look directly at them at long range, it’s not intuitive enough atm

Oh, and they need to put a doubletap on mouse2 in, that detonates all stickies, then you can stickyjump with it (still, not as well as normal stickies due to .4 second arm time)

Of course this would make it a little “unbalanced” compared to the sticky launcher as well, so would probably want to reduce the damage per sticky very slightly.

U-die

This gun. Seriously. Useless.

Randdalf

(0v0)

At the moment, it’s only good for defence… but it’s a better defensive weapon than the sticky launcher in some ways, but the have-to-be-looking-at-stickies-to-detonate feature really removes some of its usefulness.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

This gun. Seriously. Useless.

atm this

archy

this weapon is more or less boring to play with. i know its not made for fighting but ( as said before) you always have to look at the stickes.

also, it’s that you practically cannot cover more that one entrance effecitvely, because (again) the “have to look at the stickes to blow them” thing comes into place and i guess you will often miss the opportunity to blow one trap because the “victim” already went back or passed them when you are just watching at the specific trap…

so they should add two things:

1. stickies in a certain radius around yourself can be blown without “eye contact”
2. when you are NOT watching at any certain trap, all stickies should be blown at once when pressing mouse2, as the normal launcher.

point 2 is reffering to the The Scottish Resistance note: able to blow groups of stickes or sth like that… but it doesnt say MUST blow groups ….

Last edited by archy,

flame

wouldnt go that far. you just need to think more.

you can put up 14 stickies which you can det through walls at any time. you can put stickies in random ass places. ie holding resup on badlands put some under the bridge, on the doorway, near the ledge and on the window,

dont even need to do damage with the first set if you can bait them into your second or third set.

you can also hold chokes more effectively. it just takes a bit of practice and getting used to the inability to jump

archy

you can also hold chokes more effectively. it just takes a bit of practice and getting used to the inability to jump

the thing is that you can actually jump, but it is a pain in the ass. i guess if valve wanted to disable sticky jumping, they would have done something else. but as it looks like, they wanted to keep it and so they should improve it.

Sketch

MM

use the defence class to defend. strange concept.

wpminnows

[PG]

if there’s only 1 sticky out you can detonate it without looking at it

i’m a genius

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »