Usage of the 'Scottish Resistance'

Created 18th December 2009 @ 08:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

RaCio

GoT²

You are indeed

DominiX

sP.

use the defence class to defend. strange concept.

And soldier as attacking, right!

No matter how strange may it sound it has worked out for some time now, that demoman IS the attacking class and IS the fastest to the middle in vast majority of the maps. while soldier is more like defensive then offensive, so trying to transform demo to a totaly ofenseless class would drastically change the 6v6 we know today.

skinnie

TCM

if there’s only 1 sticky out you can detonate it without looking at it

i’m a genius

call valve asap!

This gun. Seriously. Useless.

atm this

No, it’s not. It’s an EXTREMELY defensive weapon, but it’s far from useless.

ups

The sticky jumping is a bit unusual – you become the “Michael Jackson of stickies” when you need to leave the area that isn’t secure anymore. It would still be nice to detonate all the stickies when you’re not looking at a particular block.Or better yet – the closest-one (but I assume that would be hard to implement).

The problem with using this weapon in competitive games is that you need time to get your sticky traps ready (Captain Obvious strikes again). And I really doubt you’ll have that amount of time when the enemy team pushes rapidly to the last point of the map. Unless you know forsure you are going to lose from the beginning of the round and stay behind to plot some devious plan of overwhelming the other team with your sticky traps.

On the other hand, I find this weapon useful on gravelpit-type maps, where you have plenty of time to prepare in order to, for example, slow the enemy approach to the A point.

The weapon is awesome on pubs though. The fact that you can detonate your stickies by looking at their general direction… I simply love it. I’ll be glad to watch some higher level demos use that weapon, if there will be any.

And soldier as attacking, right!

No matter how strange may it sound it has worked out for some time now, that demoman IS the attacking class and IS the fastest to the middle in vast majority of the maps. while soldier is more like defensive then offensive, so trying to transform demo to a totaly ofenseless class would drastically change the 6v6 we know today.

And change has to be bad, right?

marn

you can also hold chokes more effectively. it just takes a bit of practice and getting used to the inability to jump

the thing is that you can actually jump, but it is a pain in the ass. i guess if valve wanted to disable sticky jumping, they would have done something else. but as it looks like, they wanted to keep it and so they should improve it.

I found a way how to jump!

Well, it is like rocket jumping, Ya look right at the ground for 1 sec, and then detonate, then turn straight again, works fine for me:D

Morty

RG

I just played vs a demoman with SR and I got really raged. he used the weap so fucking good, he even couuld push on his own.

ups

I just played vs a demoman with SR and I got really raged. he used the weap so fucking good, he even couuld push on his own.

Explain please. Pushing on his own with a defensive weapon? Sounds a bit strange. Like the word combo “stickyspamming sniper”.

Deleteme

Its quite possible to sticky jump with once you get used to it. you do the same movements as rocket jumping but you have put your xhair exactly over the sticky. I think you should be able to blow up a sticky without looking at it if you only have one out.

I dont like the cone in which you can detonate stickies either. The further away something is, the larger the cone, the closer they are, the smaller the cone. I think it should be cylinder rather than a cone.

ambra

you guys forget that it can destroy any enemy sticky upon detonation (be them from vanilla launcher or the SR): way more useful than shotgun blasts and nobody is busy aiming and shitty balls in the corners… it could be very handy to push quickly without being worried of stickytraps

Last edited by ambra,

Tom

[Ci]

Played against it last night and it was very frustrating. Basically it made all my sticky traps useless, especially on well’s second point where it destroyed my stickies without even opening the doors

stko!

-9m-
-9m-

I wasn’t able to get the hang of it — the prediction of where I was looking seemed a little off.

StormReaper

Tried it in pcw’s tonight, jumps are alot harder and need some practice, especially when under pressure. Granary jumps only really problematic on 2nd point, badlands is pretty much a nightmare from the start, freight is alright, but gotta watch out for the gates/stairs.

I think the gun offers a lot more potential and finally being able to clear enemy stickies as a demo is really nice. The extra priming time however makes it a very defensive weapon, although you can still semi sticky spam, its just not as effective and fighting off scouts is almost impossible without using nades or having preped stickies.

Although some sort of sticky jump/blowing all stickies fixes would be nice, I think overall it would just cheapen the weapon and make it superior to the old one. Needs a lot more skill to use but I think it could become pretty popular once people learn how to use it well.

Brutallus

The scottish resistance is useless, definately for competitive play.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »