Forum

Scheduling, still a drama..

Created 30th November 2009 @ 00:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

You and Kenny had problems (Fruit/Rockit -> you, shiftplay -> you)? Okay. I see this being a huge problem. There is a simple solution to this though. And that simple solution is not more rules or stricter rules but simply not being a dick. You can even have a match played after deadlines if both teams agree and the admins agree (which they usually do).

Also: http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-7786/page-1/

Last edited by Koeitje,

Adiemus

Well, the point is that if you want to discuss and solve some issues, you can’t do it by accusing other people like admins or teams. Try not to accuse anyone next time, or get ready for their answers.

demsii

EPA

I guess you just missed seraph’s post aswell .. that’s 3 in what? an hour? It is well known that arranging has been a lot of trouble ever since this league was started and it probably always will be, if it wouldn’t have been, they wouldn’t have had the need to adjust it now would they?

And me being a dick (towards obviously less intelligent people like yourself) has little to nothing to do with it. Like I said, quiet now, grownups are talking.

And if you had any intelligence at all and read my thread in the first place, you can see they *DID NOT* agree to it.

And yeah, I clearly accuse any admin of anything.. At best, I actually salute both AnroliF and SnowiE for their effort. Unless you’re again not very bright and thinking it was sarcasm.
And I’m also simply giving examples of the problem, whether it be team A, team B or team C is besides the point.

Last edited by demsii,

Skyride

DUCS

Well, the point is that if you want to discuss and solve some issues, you can’t do it by accusing other people like admins or teams. Try not to accuse anyone next time, or get ready for their answers.

I thought he was careful not to mention any names? :)

Anyways, I think we should just let Barry Scott clean up this shit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVHUAco_k-g

Last edited by Skyride,

evokje

WiK?

amazing troll is amazing

vlad_drac

xoxo

It’s not still a drama. It’s a drama for you.

HAI I’M KOEITJE

I’M NOT TROLLING OR ANYTHING BUT I THINK THIS ISN’T ACTUALLY DRAMA, TECHNICALLY IT IS JUST A SQUIBBLE OR A FRACAS, I’M NOT A TROLL BUT I JUST THOUGHT I’D CORRECT YOUR WORDING TO SOMETHING I PREFER BETTER.

You really weren’t needed on this thread. An admin was, to stop the flame war and look into the matter. Clearly this is problematic to teams, so making it better can’t be a bad thing.

I mean i know it’s a public forum and posting here is inviting comment, but have you taken 5 minutes to really think about what you’re doing with your life? Correcting the word “drama” on a public forum? Is that your service to humanity?

Demourge you should know better than to bite at his bullshit, you do enough trolling yourself.

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Skyride

DUCS

Vlad, the sad thing is, hes not trolling.

Depch

Scheduling rules might need some updates, let’s take a look at our situation. We’ve been allowing clans to reschedule the games and we got to a point where in the last 2½ weeks of the season (counted from the day our px game was scheduled to) we had 5, yes _FIVE_ ETF2L games not played at that time and we were left with 13 playable gamedays untill the league game deadline was due. Plus as we were in EMS too so it would make our scheduling very troublesome with a variety of maps to be played. If we were to allow ppl just keep postponing games we would shoot ourselves on our feet here so no intentional drama there.

Remove the 24h wildcard rule, allow it to be used like 3 hour before the game. The game has to be re-scheduled within a week then (could see a problem here if the opponent team is refusing to re-schedule it then, so make it go through admin then) and only 1 wildcard is allowed to be used for a game per team. So the same game could be postponed at max 2 weeks if both teams do so, there like should be a date within 2 weeks to fit everyone. If it still is not possible to play the game, get an admin involved and try to settle things through. No wildcards avaivable to use in the last 2 weeks of ETF2L season so league keeps in schedule, postponing games then only can be done through admin.

Something along the lines. :)

Last edited by Depch,

demsii

EPA

It’s not still a drama. It’s a drama for you.

HAI I’M KOEITJE

I’M NOT TROLLING OR ANYTHING BUT I THINK THIS ISN’T ACTUALLY DRAMA, TECHNICALLY IT IS JUST A SQUIBBLE OR A FRACAS, I’M NOT A TROLL BUT I JUST THOUGHT I’D CORRECT YOUR WORDING TO SOMETHING I PREFER BETTER.

You really weren’t needed on this thread. An admin was, to stop the flame war and look into the matter. Clearly this is problematic to teams, so making it better can’t be a bad thing.

I mean i know it’s a public forum and posting here is inviting comment, but have you taken 5 minutes to really think about what you’re doing with your life? Correcting the word “drama” on a public forum? Is that your service to humanity?

Demourge you should know better than to bite at his bullshit, you do enough trolling yourself.

I know vlad, but it’s oh so hard to resist in the middle of the night after a few glasses of alcohol.. I’m suprised people still understood what I was talking about :P

I think the thing that got to me is that in both cases the admin actually agreed with me, but still the complete opposite happened after “discussing it with fellow admins”.

As for Team Fruit, I understand you had a busy schedule and it all would’ve been much clearer and better if any of you had taken the effort to have a chat with either me or Jorman, instead of getting a random member in irc and assume it all works out.
Then again, just because *you* didn’t play your previous matches in time, surely that shouldn’t mean the other team (in this case, us.) should suffer from that?

I also urge Team Fruit (or rockit, whatever) not to take it to heart too much, this isn’t directed as a personal flame towards you. What’s done is done, but when I had another issue about all this and actually got a default loss because of it, I kinda was concerned and quite disappointed.

As for the suggestion to adjust the wildcard rule, I completely agree. 24 hours is a far too long period in which a lot of things can go a lot different than expected.

I’m glad that at least someone at your team still has the decency to try to talk it over civilized instead of yelling “fire, murder and death”. (As for some of you thinking right now: lol Dem, trying to talk civilized, you? .. Yes, I much more prefer it than the childish name calling and whatnot, but I will reply in the exact same manner as I’m being replied to.)

Last edited by demsii,

xzr

TBH if you have your own clan members arranging games behind the leader/wa’s back there’s something a tad bit wrong there..

And +1 on removing the 24hour rule on wildcarding

Norris

thank god we still have the presence of Koeitje. What would we do without his cross-posting skills…

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

To my suprise, the admin I talked to says that in the admin comment it says that both teams agreed to it, while neither me nor Jorman knew of anything.

we had the same:
# baerbel: (League Admin) – Blame said:

November 22nd, 2009 at 5:14 pm

agreed on reschedule to due lineup issues

http://etf2l.org/matches/12928/

None of our members knew bout this

Jones

“It’s not still a drama. It’s a drama for you. Haven’t had a single problem this season. Don’t make it look like the whole league has troubles with scheduling.”

You are a completely wrong about this, especially when you made it look like the whole league was suffering for your team using a hacker under alias (without you knowing). When you had a cheater in your team under alias, you cried like a faggot. I didn’t comment when you did this, but I will now after you say this. I’m sure Dem didn’t slag off your cries, so why the slag off his? They sound like reasonable points to me. I would also like to add that Dem, me and 99.9% of the league haven’t had the same problem as you, but a lot of teams have had similar problems with the scheduling system.

The fact is the scheduling structure has been an issue all season. It has been a massive pain for us personally and the admins dealing with our problems. There is no consistency, no clarity and no logic. It seriously needs addressing.

From my experience this season, it’s not been the other teams or the admins that have caused us problems. It’s the rules, their lack of consistency and clarity in application and logic!

p.s. I edited so it doesn’t get deleted ;()

Last edited by Jones,

Sketch

MM

there is a bit of a drama. when you arrange against Russian kiddies. they wanna play at 6pm gmt all the time.
so you say you are at work till 7
so they say ….. ok 6.30 better?!!!!
idiots

Arnold

DAKKA

well it’s definitely better than 6

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »