Forum

Scheduling, still a drama..

Created 30th November 2009 @ 00:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

demsii

EPA

Well, where shall I start? This is the second time where something like this happened and at least some admins make an effort (thanks SnowiE & AnroliF), but it still seems very wrong to me and it saddens me that teams can get away with certain behavior.

Let’s begin with the first time. Team Fruit’s game..
Everything is fine and dandy and we’re alright with the default date. Heard nothing from them so we assumed the default date is fine. I check on that particular sunday on the site if everything is still in order. To my surprise I see the date has been changed by an admin nonetheless (I’ll try to think that even if he is a former Team Fruit member, it has nothing to do with it and also I won’t name him as he’s prone to going emo) and we are therefore unable to edit the date. I asked Jorman if he had any contact with them or an admin, as I certainly didn’t (as we are the only appointed people on the site to arrange games with). So I contact etf2l to see what’s up..

To my suprise, the admin I talked to says that in the admin comment it says that both teams agreed to it, while neither me nor Jorman knew of anything.

Team Fruit were also unavailable to tell me who they arranged a game with apparantly. Later I found out through the admin that put in the admin comment that both teams agreed to it, that a member (the last person to join the clan at that point and also someone that hasn’t been appointed to arrange games) arranged the date.

The admin I talked to said I could reschedule the date and when I tried to reschedule with Team Fruit, they refused (By that time it is already the given date, finding out who said what took some time). So I go back to the admin, saying they refused. After a lot of drama we are “forced” to play and we are allowed a merc as not everyone was on.

Needless to say I was not too happy about the situation, but I just left it at that.

I won’t mention that even though they were being extremely .. unfair ;) about the situation, we did allow them a merc when cube was having connection problems. Yet, after that on irc, I was told that I was “still a cock”.. So much for being a nice guy.

So, who’s next? Ah yes, SHIFTplay ..

I get contacted by cooki from SHIFTplay if I want to reschedule the game, as they were already booked on the default date. Me, being the nice guy again, agrees to it even though we were fine with the default date. He proposes a date or 2, which I can’t agree to as they are earlier than the default date and we already had to play another etf2l game on that date. So I propose to play later and I get told they can’t play from the 1st to the 4th of December, as apparently their entire team is away that week. He asks if the 5th is alright. I check it out and see it’s a saturday + a holiday in the Netherlands. So I propose we play the 6th. He would “talk to his team” about it and so I said I would await his response.

So, I hear nothing until it is the default date, at which point I am afk (as I actually do have a social life aswell) and seeing they said they couldn’t play on the default date, I didn’t think we’d play and we’d still sort the date out. What happens is I get a message, 30 mins before the game in irc with the question what server we are gonna play on..

Now, seeing people aren’t around and in a pm between prozak and cooki, cooki actually says we *could* use a wildcard, but it has a 24 hr wait on it and he says that if he talks to an admin and he allows it, we would reschedule.. I assume he was assuming an admin wouldn’t agree to it and we still had to play, but the admin did agree to it and so we could reschedule, but then cooki/SHIFTplay refuses to reschedule and want a default win.

Again, I contact the admins.. Show logs, asking if we could not reschedule (as I like to think that EVERY league, ANYWHERE prefers matches to be played than giving out default wins/losses), but as apparently SHIFTplay hasn’t “broken” any rules, their hands are tied aswell. To me it seems pretty clear they just wanted the points easily as I would rather play and lose badly than give away a default win. (Strangely enough, whenever I had to go whine for a default win, it would always get rescheduled)

So I’ll just congratulate SHIFTplay on their craftiness and their well-deserved default win and I’ll just express my deep concerns that teams can get away with these sort of things and hope things will certainly change for the better in the future.

[/rant off]

Last edited by demsii,

Adiemus

Yes you were extremely nice against us and also undoubtedly deserved the 3 points there.

+06:42 norppa say can we pause now when both intels are on place?
+06:55 px. Azured say yes?
+07:01 desa – pink vagina say dunno
+07:05 px. demsii? say d
+07:13 Adiemus say can we pause?
+09:07 Depch say_team Uberchargeactivated!
+10:37 Depch say_team Uberchargeactivated!
+11:21 Jan say :)
+12:00 Depch say_team Uberchargeactivated!
+12:36 Adiemus say can we pause?
+13:16 Adiemus say can we pause are you deaf?
+13:19 Adiemus say dair play?
+13:22 Adiemus say fair*
+13:31 Adiemus say pathetiq
+13:35 Jan say omg
+14:21 Adiemus say can we use a merc?
+14:21 desa – pink vagina say can we use a merc?
+14:24 desa – pink vagina say we allowed u a merc
+14:29 Adiemus say i think we can cuz you have a merc too
+14:40 Jan say HAI!
+14:42 Jan say YOU THERE?
+14:48 desa – pink vagina say cant believe this :))
+14:59 px. icey say yea u can

So, we were not sure about the rule and asked your permission but you were very nice at not giving a reply.

Last edited by Adiemus,

demsii

EPA

Are you seriously expecting me to comment on that?

I guess you are.. Ok..

I see Az saying yes there, 2nd line? And we also did allow you a merc, even though we shouldn’t have after your behavior[PERSONAL OPINION]? So?

Not to mention that if you’d watch STV you can see that we didn’t actually cap when you had 5, as we were waiting on the middle?

What’s your point? Trying to stir shit? And how does that contribute to the scheduling drama I am describing here?

Thank you, good night.

p.s. Personally I had you all muted as I felt that sooner or later some shit stirring would occur anyway and I couldn’t really be bothered with that.

Last edited by demsii,

Nor

rda

(12:38:49) (norppa) (16:14:54) (ReveraL) ReveraL who’s WA in px?
(12:38:51) (norppa) (16:15:00) (ReveraL) demourge / jorman
(12:38:53) (norppa) (16:15:07) (norppa) any idea when will they be on irc?
(12:38:55) (norppa) (16:15:39) (ReveraL) no
(12:38:57) (norppa) (16:15:57) (ReveraL) i can ask tehm what you need if you want
(12:38:59) (norppa) (16:17:33) (norppa) would be nice
(12:38:59) (Demsii) yep, I talked to SnowiE
(12:39:01) (norppa) (16:18:04) (ReveraL) it’s about the etf2l match, right?
(12:39:03) (norppa) (16:18:36) (norppa) ye
(12:39:05) (norppa) (16:20:44) (ReveraL) sunday the 15th? like the default
(12:39:07) (norppa) (16:21:16) (norppa) na
(12:39:09) (norppa) (16:21:17) (norppa) it sux
(12:39:11) (norppa) (16:21:19) (norppa) [;
(12:39:13) (norppa) (16:21:43) (ReveraL) what date suits u?
(12:39:15) (norppa) (16:22:08) (norppa) 15
(12:39:16) (Demsii) Rev can’t arrange games and the only appropiate ppl to arrange games with are either myself or Jorman
(12:39:17) (norppa) (16:22:11) (norppa) 16-19
(12:39:19) (norppa) (16:22:51) (ReveraL) so the 17
(12:39:21) (norppa) (16:23:03) (norppa) k
(12:39:23) (norppa) (16:23:04) (norppa) 21.15
(12:39:25) (norppa) (16:23:08) (ReveraL) k
(12:39:27) (norppa) (16:23:15) (ReveraL) put it in etf2l

ON SNAP

Harps

MM

tvh im with demsii ive had few near calls like this when i was still playing the game but its well structure rule set but some people want to go out of tehre way for defaults so gg :P

demsii

EPA

(12:38:49) (norppa) (16:14:54) (ReveraL) ReveraL who’s WA in px?
(12:38:51) (norppa) (16:15:00) (ReveraL) demourge / jorman

(12:39:16) (Demsii) Rev can’t arrange games and the only appropiate ppl to arrange games with are either myself or Jorman

O snap indeed. Read the post instead of making yourself look ridiculous. Clown.

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-04-02/1238667871352.jpg

Last edited by demsii,

Adiemus

There is no scheduling drama in ETF2L, it is only your drama and you going emo here. If we were such a team like you described, we would have forced a default win against DCSB and gained a huge advantage for the division title. You should actually be thankful to us for letting you to use a merc that day instead of forcing a default win.

demsii

EPA

Again, you miss the point completely. What does DCSB have to do with anything and why do I care? Going emo, how so? Did we not play the date you cried about? And thankful for what? The rules clearly state that when we are 5, we can play. So default win, how so? And then we would’ve end up playing 5v5, fine with me buddy.

Please stop replying to this thread, it is very (very, very, very) tiresome to explain everything to you step by step. Try to keep up buddy.

Last edited by demsii,

Nor

rda

go back to your cave and cry.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

It’s not still a drama. It’s a drama for you. Haven’t had a single problem this season. Don’t make it look like the whole league has troubles with scheduling.

Last edited by Koeitje,

seraph

rEJ

people nearly got knifed in #rej over scheduling this evening. I was half surprised this thread wasn’t about us tbh.

everyone needs to chill

demsii

EPA

It’s not still a drama. It’s a drama for you. Haven’t had a single problem this season. Don’t make it look like the whole league has troubles with scheduling.

Oh, I’m sorry, but I know multiple people that has had trouble with arranging, including a person above you that posted, but maybe you just missed that (surpise!). Just because you haven’t, doesn’t mean the entire league hasn’t. (c what I did thur?)

Ok Nor, I will.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

You make it sound like this is such a huge problem, which it simply isn’t. Be sensible, talk things through, list options, get a merc. I haven’t met a single team this season and last season that was default hunting.

Skyride

DUCS

everyone needs to chill

Indeed, I believe this will help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXK9ShllebQ

demsii

EPA

I can see how comparing things with yourself obviously tells the whole story for others.. Right? Right!

It is a problem if multiple people make notion of it and report it as a problem. If it wouldn’t have been a problem, why would an admin earlier tell me they might have to adjust the rules after I talked with them about it?

Carry on.

Sorry this isn’t about your team “getting fucked over” about banned players and you are justified to make a post over it. Quiet now, grownups are talking.

Last edited by demsii,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »