Forum

Scheduling, still a drama..

Created 30th November 2009 @ 00:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

there is a bit of a drama. when you arrange against Russian kiddies. they wanna play at 6pm gmt all the time.
so you say you are at work till 7
so they say ….. ok 6.30 better?!!!!
idiots

Don’t generalize like that. We had no problems with planning our games vs LMS. In the end we allowed a merc because several days didn’t work out for them or us. I don’t think the scheduling problems are caused by the way the league works, I think they are caused by bad communication between teams (maybe automatically sent a notice to the leaders and wararrangers if somebody from the other team posts on the matchpage. I do think people keep forgetting to tick that box). But they are also caused by teams not playing the game in the week it’s supposed to be played (+1 to Depch there).

In the end everybody just wants to play the game. Always keep in mind that you need to get 12 people together at the same time, which isn’t always that easy. It’s more of a mentality issue than an issue with the league. It can of course be solved by extremely strict rules (game not played in the week it’s supposed to be played: default loss). But I don’t think that is were we want to go.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Sirrus

We’ve had this problem with clans this year we’ve had 3 default wins. We don’t like them cos they don’t mean anything its helped us slightly but some of the teams have a 4 hour time difference. Our last 2 games have been the only ones where people have not changed there minds of when they can play. Hopefully they will actually show up for them. We’ve had them wanting to play at 5:30pm when people are working and there completely inflexiable. The comedy one was where they said we’ll give you a default win and then demand it was repealed. End of the day its about mentallity as was said but if your going to play in a league you have to be committed to actually playing the games.

*edit* only problem was that someone forgot the date and thought we had the game 10 years ago. Henchie is a legend.

Last edited by Sirrus,

nightmare

L00

I agree with the points dem made clear.Also the 24h Wildcard rule is a bit troublesome.What if 4-5 hours before the game one of your players calls you and says they cant play and the leader of the other team refuses to reshedule…
Thank god this season we had no trouble in arranging our matches.

tragett

dem called me swedish fag once :[

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I agree with the points dem made clear.Also the 24h Wildcard rule is a bit troublesome.What if 4-5 hours before the game one of your players calls you and says they cant play and the leader of the other team refuses to reshedule…
Thank god this season we had no trouble in arranging our matches.

Aka an attitude problem aka default hunters. Changing the current 24hr rule would save some troubles but the attitude problem is still there. There wouldn’t be a need for all these rules if people would just stop acting like dicks (but it seems these days not agreeing with somebody already classifies as being a dick).

vlad_drac

xoxo

When you had a cheater in your team under alias, you cried like a faggot.

I laughed my head off at that, dunno why.

And if the above posting is referring to himself, no mate, what classifies you as a dick is HOW you disagree with someone.

“We’re having problems with the match arranging system :(”
“I think this is a rare problem” <— not a faggot

"We're having problems with the match arranging system :"
"LOL I THINK YOU'RE ACTUALLY HAVING ISSUES OR MAYBE TROUBLES, NOT PROBLEMS AT ALL COS ONLY YOU HAVE THE ISSUE OK? CHECK TROLLDICTIONARY.COM" <— faggot

Last edited by vlad_drac,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

When you had a cheater in your team under alias, you cried like a faggot.

I laughed my head off at that, dunno why.

And if the above posting is referring to himself, no mate, what classifies you as a dick is HOW you disagree with someone.

“We’re having problems with the match arranging system :(”
“I think this is a rare problem” <— not a faggot

"We're having problems with the match arranging system :"
"LOL I THINK YOU'RE ACTUALLY HAVING ISSUES OR MAYBE TROUBLES, NOT PROBLEMS AT ALL COS ONLY YOU HAVE IT TROLLDICTIONARY.COM" <— faggot

Yes, calling people idiots is a way to not look like a dick. I’ll never resort to such a level.

But whatever:
Number 1 problem that is causing all of these troubles is teams not being reasonable enough. There need to be some rule changes, like removing the 24hr wildcard rule, but the essence of all these troubles lies in the fact that teams/people are just not reasonable enough. For example, when playing a team that is located far away from you don’t force them to play on your server if they complain about the pings. Go look for a neutral server. I have huge respect for all the russian and israeli players that play on UK & Benelux servers without complaining. I know most of us refuse to play on russian servers because of the ping…

Last edited by Koeitje,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I am simply saying you can’t blame the troubles on others or the rules, you are also part of the story. Besides it also depends on your definition of what can be considered a drama.

But I leave it at that, it seems that you only need people here that say “oh yes I agree mister demourge”.

Last edited by Koeitje,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Sounds like you just got put up against default hunting dicks :<

demsii

EPA

I am simply saying you can’t blame the troubles on others or the rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWmmPMuBgjA

Idiot posts on both sides, but I’m siding with Demourge here based on the info presented in this topic assuming people are being completely honest and aren’t leaving out bits of info.

Seems like Px got fucked over by people being cocks/forgetful.

NaPo^^

[GoT1]

I am simply saying you can’t blame the troubles on others or the rules, you are also part of the story. Besides it also depends on your definition of what can be considered a drama.

But I leave it at that, it seems that you only need people here that say “oh yes I agree mister demourge”.

He could use constructive posts about how others have issues with scheduling or not having problems with scheduling. He might not need a retard to make a flame towards him by saying that he is the only one with the problem.

Maybe try to stop acting like a cunt every time and you might be able to read posts as they are posted and understand what the problem is

Last edited by NaPo^^,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

I’ll just make a few points that I think might help here –

Since the introduction of the schedule proposal system, both team leaders are now required to accept any re-scheduled fixtures on the website. This means we’ll hopefully avoid in the future situations where non-leaders have agreed something but the leaders don’t know about it.

Always check your match pages regularly.

Always assume that the game is going to be played on the date in the calendar until it is changed, regardless of what you have agreed with your opponent.

Be reasonable with your opponents where-ever possible.

Don’t re-arrange lots of games, you’ll get further and further behind. This will create problems for other clans, not just yourself.

Part of being a clan in a league means having a good squad, this means reliable players and backups. Having only six players is going to make any scheduling a nightmare. There will never be the perfect time to play a game, the best clans in leagues are ones that can play without their best players and without perfect practice for every game.

If you’re at all worried about a game/opponent, use your wildcard. Next season this will probably be easier, however clans have got themselves into situations this season where they haven’t resolved a scheduling problem in time and have gone past the point of being able to use a wildcard.

Daggial

fap

Remove the 24h wildcard rule, allow it to be used like 3 hour before the game….blockquote>

http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-7328/

Last edited by Daggial,

Haunter

assuming demourge speaks the truth its actually sad that teams needs to use dodgy movements to get default wins :/

PS: +1 for “are you sure you want to press add reply? no | no” button on koeitje’s

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »