Forum

Final divisions woot!

Created 21st September 2009 @ 09:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

The submitted results were looked at and used where possible and will continue to be used in the event of any further possible position changes. Please don’t assume that just because a decision was not made to move a particular clan, that the admins didn’t look at all the results.

GangsterAlgot

Do you know what would solve about all of these problems?

Tada… A ladder!!!

Just putting it out there again because no one has mentioned the etf2l ladder for a while.

Yes, you still have to endure this season but look at Northwave http://etf2l.or/teams/32/ They won each single game in div4 season 5. If you ask them I promise they will say they developed and had fun as a team even if they had a walk in the park in their div.
I don’t know where i want to go with this… Have fun and don’t do drugs!

Last edited by GangsterAlgot,

gryzor

And why should we not ask people to submit screenshots and results? Of the 70 EXTRA SLOTS assigned this season, we DID go by results — so it did INDEED help us out a lot. Of the movements done in OTHER divisions, they helped out a GREAT DEAL.

Snowie is way too kind and letting you off too easily, because YOU PEOPLE (yes, YOU PEOPLE) in Rejects have done nothing but whine.

We not only had the INTENTION to use them, we DID use them for a huge number of clans and their movements in the divisions!

So — What the are you on about?

If division 2 is full, it’s full. If there is no room, you can’t go in there. End of story. Why do I have to keep repeating this same sentence over and over, and over. And over. Again. If after promoting and relegation there is no more room for new clans, there is no more room for new clans. If you really should be in div2, you had 5 seasons to prove it. If you just formed your clan then tough luck — there is NO ROOM. Most clans in div 1-2 are stable clans, very few are new clans.

Most people have heard of Dignitas, Vale, Team Coolermaster, Crack Clan, Eld, Afterlife, Rockit, FB, LOL, hboda, IDK?, OMG It’s, SPA, Jägarna, Empire, DCSB, Fruit, Overgame, Resistansen and so on and so forth. Get the picture? Good clans = stable clans. New clans into high divisions = waste of time and tiresome, no matter what. Even if you beat them ALL, you will NOT take their spot in THEIR division since you are NOT as important to the league as they are. Why is that? Because ETF2L premiers stable clans, not one-night wonders.

We spend so much time with the divisions it’s not even funny. This season is _EXCEPTIONALLY AWESOME_ since we had just a very few teams who were obviously misplaced. Some have already or are about to be fixed.

Yet, here YOU go on about how we must “change” and “fix” things, when the actual success-rate is ridiculously high. I don’t know where you get all these things that “needs to be fixed” from, but one thing is for certain: You whine a lot. Because YOU didn’t get what YOU wanted.

And to the people in rejects: You are a bunch of selfish pricks, I think you should strongly consider dropping your div3 spot for some other team who would probably enjoy it a whole lot more than you obviously do. Now, THAT, would be the first useful thing you ever have done around here.

(That ‘you should not ask people to submit results if you ignore them’ really fucking TICKED ME OFF, considering how much work went into the divisions and how crucial the information we got from those submitted scores/screens were.)

On the other hand, perhaps I should not care what these 1-2 clans say, since all these long texts creates all this “negativity” (Disclaimer: The above does not concern 328 clans out of 330) and all that mumbojumbo shit we’ve discussed before — but for fucks sake. Use your head.

Last edited by gryzor,

Loco

Mayo

you really are a self righteous little prat
read my post fucknut,
my clan was stable until players left for whatever reason
half the teams you mention have had more member changes than hot dinners includeing DCSB and half the german teams,
so get some facts before calling my team one hit wonders,
and its not a rejects vs you issue,
how about extend the fukin tables its not rocket science,

gryzor

I wonder why we didn’t think of that? Sounds so easy!

tables D:

Last edited by Nivzeh,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

The submitted results were looked at and used where possible and will continue to be used in the event of any further possible position changes. Please don’t assume that just because a decision was not made to move a particular clan, that the admins didn’t look at all the results.

I talked to netsky about this on irc yesterday. Basically it came down to “not enough space” + some vague reason we couldn’t be in div2 he refused to tell. Prob some admins grudge against certain people.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Loco

Mayo

And to the people in rejects: You are a bunch of selfish pricks, I think you should strongly consider dropping your div3 spot for some other team who would probably enjoy it a whole lot more than you obviously do. Now, THAT, would be the first useful thing you ever have done around here.

here is your Answer!
Rejects haters :D

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

And tbh, we are one of the few clans that actually bother to post results on their website. Because we knew it would matter with the seedings. Clearly it didn’t. And we are honest with our results, we post wins and losses. Only thing not posted was a 6-0 under 8 minutes on badlands steamroll vs a clan seeded in our current div.

And don’t get us wrong, we accept our current seeding and will just play the season. But the facade that sending in results would have mattered was just simply wrong. Admins should just have posted “Don’t bother sending in results for spots in these divs XXX, because they are full”.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Loco

Mayo

Most people have heard of Dignitas, Vale, Team Coolermaster, Crack Clan, Eld, Afterlife, Rockit, FB, LOL, hboda, IDK?, OMG It’s, SPA, Jägarna, Empire, DCSB, Fruit, Overgame, Resistansen and so on and so forth. Get the picture? Good clans = stable clans.
made me LOL when almost half of them teams have massive roster changes before the start of this season
clearly an Admin who knows what is going on in the current TF2 scene

Anathema

@ Rejects people, I understand that you’re upset, however I feel as more complaining in these forums won’t help a bit. You’re not alone, it’s not the end of the world. It’s not ideal but I’m afraid it’s all you have for now.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

@ Rejects people, I understand that you’re upset, however I feel as more complaining in these forums won’t help a bit. You’re not alone, it’s not the end of the world. It’s not ideal but I’m afraid it’s all you have for now.

As said before we accept our seeding, and we will play the season. But all this provisional division and screenshot sending stuff was just a facade it seems. Clearly the league needs to evolve together with the players. Maybe the admins should read Jimmy’s post again. They had the entire summer to figure out a better league format. Hell, I could have figured out a perfect format in 10 minutes ….. hell 10 seconds even (one that fits the current league and doesn’t look like jimmy’s). It’s clear that most of the admins don’t know what’s going on beyond lets say div4. That the league promotes stability is a joke tbh. Clearly it doesn’t.

Last edited by Koeitje,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

And don’t get us wrong, we accept our current seeding and will just play the season. But the facade that sending in results would have mattered was just simply wrong. Admins should just have posted “Don’t bother sending in results for spots in these divs XXX, because they are full”.

They might be full now, but if a clan drops early and a position becomes open then the results you’ve submitted will help the admins to decide how best to fill it.

Anathema

I agree with you on the fact that the current system isn’t ideal. However, discussing something like this over the summer is incredibly difficult, there will always be admins on holidays, and naturally it wouldn’t be fair towards them if they weren’t included in the conversations.
Jimmy Breeze’s suggestion was too short-notice to be applicable to this season, as gryzor has pointed out before. And as far as the screenshot thing goes, I honestly think they did what they thought was best, looking at division 2 I see only teams which have either earned promotion, or teams I deem of an equal level to Rejects. Based on that I can only assume you guys got unlucky in not being picked over the couple new teams.

ThePledge

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the Rejects nowadays? I like Loco and everything he does for the tf2 community and for tf2 in general. But this just seems to be a bit out of line. The admins tried to do as good a job as they possibly could, and this is the result.

Obviously, it seems weird that you, Rejects, and Monster Munch are in division 3. But on the other hand, take a look at the clans in division 1 and 2 right now. They are all good clans, and they are all capable of playing there, as much as you could and some more.
As said, I’m convinced the admins tried their best to make the divisions as good as possible for _the highest amount of teams_ out of the 330 total. And this was their result: this is how the season will be played. So after 9 pages of whining, I suggest you accept the situation as it is (Koeitje said it but didnt actually do it) and play division 2 next season if you guys earned it.

So basically the bottom line here is: respect the admins’ decisions because they’re for the common good of the maximum amount of teams they could satisfy. If they failed for about 15 clans out of 330, it’s still a good percentage. Good job admins at this obviously hard task without much reward for yourselves!

On a side note: why does my team get to play all the div 4 russians?! :P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »