numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

teams shouldn’t be able to stay in div1 just cos 3 teams folded

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

teams shouldn’t be able to stay in div1 just cos 3 teams folded

If you apply that logic you’d need to bring the relegation zone up 3 or 4 places above those teams that folded, and remember those teams that dropped folded because they were crap and would of likely finished last anyway – teams rarely fold when they’re winning.

Jones

If the three teams didn’t fold then the clans in question would be safe. So why should they get punished for other teams folding? Coolclan would actually be mid/top end of div1 if these teams didn’t fold. So now they have to face possible relegation because of something completely out of their hands. Adding this rule at this stage of the season is a bad move.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Blame 4Kings and clan00 then… If teams wouldn’t fold during a Season, there weren’t any dropping team issues.
Dropping-team-cases can’t be handled perfect as some matches were played and other matches have to be defaulted in some way. Rule §2.9 and §2.11 is the fairest way from what we have learned in Season 1-4.

It’s clearly not the fairest way though, as the matches we fought hard for now mean nothing.
These teams tried to compete, played over half their games and then decide to throw the towel in when they lose interest. Yet in doing so they have the power to alter the state of play.

The only issue here is that the unplayed games are given as a straight 4-0 forfeit win, where as a perhaps some sort of weighting would be more appropriate based on the perceived abilities or common consensus of what the outcome may have been.

Obviously teams will argue that on any given Sunday you can win or lose i.e. predictions cannot be made with 100% certainty. Or even that you deserve a forfeit win in unplayed fixtures against a team that folded, for the very fact that they folded and you did not.

I can see both sides of the argument, but it still seems odd that all these results that had shaped the rankings are simply wiped clean. I definitely don’t think anything should be changed this season, but some serious thought should be given for Season 6.

____13____

Have to agree that changing rules almost at the end of the season isn’t fair…

In the other hand, FB never deserved div1, they only got there because a “cheater” was discovered in the best div2A team and they ended in 2nd because of that.
If that wasn’t enough, they lost their promotion game, against Delirium.

So, if FB have to play playoffs and get relegated to div2, justice was done after all…

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

It’s just absurd that teams can fold because they’re crap and you as head admin add another relegation place assuming the other teams (the ones that weren’t crap) need to prove they’re good enough to remain in the division – lvl, 00 and b2d would almost certainly of finished last anyway even if they stayed together.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Have to agree that changing rules almost at the end of the season isn’t fair…

In the other hand, FB never deserved div1, they only got there because a “cheater” was discovered in the best div2A team and they ended in 2nd because of that.
If that wasn’t enough, they lost their promotion game, against Delirium.

So, if FB have to play playoffs and get relegated to div2, justice was done after all…

lol bait!!!#@!$@!

in short: we werent rdy at the time (start season4) of that promotion game, so we lost.
And we beat that “best” team with their cheater in a playoff match

Jones

I agree with admirable. If you want to add another slot for relegation, do it in season 6. Adding it so late in the season is pretty brutal. Bearing in mind that div1 has some of the highest drop out rates it would make sense to add this extra slot.

The reason I think its unfair is as follows:

The division 2 clan that comes 2nd faces the following sitation:
They fail to qualify to enter div1 by winning div2
They fail to qualify to enter div1 by winning div2 playoffs
They get a third chance to enter div1 by playing off v 7th place in div1.

If they don’t win div2 and don’t win the div2 playoff, why should they be given another chance?

Division 1 clan in 7th place situation:
All clans aim to finish above 7th place to avoid relegation
5 days from end of season they realise they have to come 6th to avoid a playoff
They get one chance in a playoff to keep their place in div1.
Morale is low as they realise the new rule which could affect their game

Seems like the division 2 teams benefit a hell of a lot more from this than the division 1 teams

AnimaL

It’s just absurd that teams can fold because they’re crap and you as head admin add another relegation place assuming the other teams (the ones that weren’t crap) need to prove they’re good enough to remain in the division – lvl, 00 and b2d would almost certainly of finished last anyway even if they stayed together.

+1…

on the other note, it will be fun to play on playoffs again, showing difference between div1 and div2 2nd place :]

//remembers imperial season 5 start :]

____13____

lol bait!!!#@!$@!

in short: we werent rdy at the time (start season4) of that promotion game, so we lost.
And we beat that “best” team with their cheater in a playoff match

Ah, yes, sorry, didn’t checked the dates… :/

But do I have to stop smoking, or dmg was in 1st place as result of the full season?

AnimaL

FB and wotr2(coolclan) was first i think

maybe note, i dunno :D

Jones

http://etf2l.org/about/archives/20/1/

____13____

http://etf2l.org/about/archives/20/1/

That’s after the default losses dmg taken when the season ended, as result of having a supposedly cheater on their team.

codcrille

Fresh.

codcrille you are so dumb it makes me cringe.

Fuck you man, I’m just stating the obvious. Finishing 7th in div1 is not a feat at all as you try to make it sound.

antyjc

2ne1

nobody gives a shit about div1 anyway.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »