Forum

Div 1 relegation system

Created 9th July 2009 @ 21:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

About 3 days ago another playoff spot got added to the 7th spot in the div1 tables. So i went to daykiller and asked:
[21:34] Exfane> whats this new colour on the etf2l div1 table
[21:34] Exfane> for 7th spot
[21:35] dAy> will have to play a pre-playoff before s6 if no other div1 team dropps in the meanwhile

Now before i could ask, why something like this can be added to the tables in the last week of the season, daykiller went offline on irc.

Last season the 2 winners of both div2’s got a promotion to div1 immediately. Both runner ups (place 2) had to fight a playoff match for the last div1 spot. So in total there were 3 spots to give away last season. And now there’s another possible relegation spot added to div1. Why does this get done in the last week of the season? Why did it get done in private? And why would the highest div in etf2l have the most playoff spots?

discuss -.-

edit: juicy update, there’s no colour assignment in both div2’s, this would mean one of the 2nd place winners of div2 get promoted without having to fight for it, while the other 2nd place winner would have to play 7th place of div1

minimoose

Is it due to so many dropping? I still see that as unfair though.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I think they want to make you play for your place in div1 rather than stay on because of clan folds! :D

But yeah its a bit shit, surely changing the rules near the end of the season is rather un ethical?

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

3 new div1 teams is enough…

refuze

ppb:H:

Just answer:
Would you care, if this wont affect your current situatiuon?

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

obviously a genious ploy by the other div1 teams to get rid of FB! them peckers!

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Look at last season,
then you see that there also only the first six teams could be sure to stay in div 1 exactly like in this season,

and div 2 where the same like div1: 2 direct and 2 could fight (so 4 possible changes) – Why so many teams? Mostly because div 1 and div2 are only 10/ 20 teams, and you have to give the lower divisions (2 and 3) a good chance to get a promotion
So even if it looks unfair, it’s nearly the same system like last season,

and the system was a bit different than you told:
the first of div2(a,b) got the promotion, and second of div2(a,b) played against each and the winner got promotion and even the loser had a second chance to get the promotion after a match against a team of div1 last match was missing in your text (imperial against diamondZ afaik)
so it was also 4 possilbe changes of the div1 teams, but Imperial won, so they stayed

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Just answer:
Would you care, if this wont affect your current situatiuon?

atm it could still affect FB, imperial and coolclan

fJack

k^m

bit sketchy, i’d be interested to hear the reasoning behind it.

kaidus

WiK?

4 danger zones out of 10 spots is ridiculous.

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

Don’t know whats the sense in creating a topic after I already told you the situation.

7th place won’t be automatically relegated and probably won’t be relegated at all if some other Div 1 team drops in the next 2 months. If not, there will be a Pre-Playoff Match. Fair enough, as if the team lose this, they aren’t Div 1 potential anyway.

PS: Old promotion systems from old seasons doesnt matter at all. There will be a lot more changes in Season 6 then just 3-4 new teams in Div 1.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Don’t know whats the sense in creating a topic after I already told you the situation.

you didnt tell me “the situation”. And after all its just rlly unethical changing something like this in the last week. seriously

Norris

IRC

F2

Danmark

I suppose they aren’t changing anything in the last week of this season. Instead they are changing something in the next season, specifically the relegation/promotion system, which will affect which teams get to play in div1 next season. The change means that the better teams get to play in div1 which obviously seems like a change for the better.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Ye quite ridiculous to change the relegation system mid season.
I thought the previous system was good as it removed any of the ambiguity caused by an odd number of teams dropping; but now you have reverted to the Season 4 system?
Bizarre!

While were at it, removing the results of already played games when a team decides to fold needs to be looked at. Both 00 and 4K had played over half there games and we (coolclan) were virtually safe from relegation due to those results.

But because these guys start wimping out half we through the season we have to get a sweat on!

Piffle paffle!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »