Forum

Div 1 relegation system

Created 9th July 2009 @ 21:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

nightmare

L00

As you can see FB is a pretty settled team in div1.If you say they didnt deserve div1 after beating dmg even with kondor,then id like to know who did?
On topic:Imo 3 new teams in div1 are enough and even if there is a play-off with the 7th in div1 vs the weaker of the team that finished 2nd in div2,it wont be a problem for coolclan/FB/Imperial to prove them selfs.

Jones

Imo it is. First of all you have to get into division 1. Second of all you have to stay active. Third of all you have to survive as a clan under high pressure.

Three of the ten div1 teams couldn’t cope with points 2 + 3. The other 7 could. A div6 team could maybe satisfy points 2+3 but certainly not point 1.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

lol bait!!!#@!$@!

in short: we werent rdy at the time (start season4) of that promotion game, so we lost.
And we beat that “best” team with their cheater in a playoff match

Ah, yes, sorry, didn’t checked the dates… :/

But do I have to stop smoking, or dmg was in 1st place as result of the full season?

lol seriously, stop smokin…………..and stab yourself. Coolclan won our div, FB and dmg got drawn 2nd spot, so we fought for it, and beat dmg in a good match with the cheator

byte

As nightmare said and while i’m still in FB if it comes to having to play a playoff to stay in then so be it.

Numlocked just because 3 dropped doesn’t mean its not justified to not drop anyone else…

Fact of the matter is….

we have 10 teams in div 1 and your asking almost half of that i.e. 0.4 or 40% of the teams to be relegated if that is the case… that is too much in any instance.

As Day said tbh just wait and see what clans are left after the summer. If it comes down to that we have to relegate four to cater for two teams of each div in division 2 then so be it : >

Cheers

Byte

ok…
On the front page it says:

The playoff phase will be skipped except for…

And yet a fourth relegation spot is added the div1…

GO GO POWER ADMINNNSSSS

On a less IDIOTIC note, I really don’t think that fourth relegation spot should be there. Imperial, FB and coolclan all deserve to stay in div1 and everybody knows it. But, I guess as a div2 shitnerd, I can’t say anything to the admins to change their minds.

kaidus

WiK?

You won’t change their minds because they probably all know they are wrong, but preparations need to be taken for whatever they’re planning next season and there’s no two ways about it besides denying someone an earned place in s6.

You won’t change their minds because they probably all know they are wrong, but preparations need to be taken for whatever they’re planning next season and there’s no two ways about it besides denying someone an earned place in s6.

kaidus you’re in eLD, we’re both div2 shitnerds. Nobody but div2 and lower can see these messages :(

____13____

lol seriously, stop smokin…………..and stab yourself. Coolclan won our div, FB and dmg got drawn 2nd spot, so we fought for it, and beat dmg in a good match with the cheator

Ah, sorry then, my bad, I thought dmg ended above FB…

gryzor

If I were a rational thinker, I’d ponder something along with:

“So, in previous seasons 2 teams has been dropped directly from div1 and 2 teams in div1 has been fighting for it. top 6 teams has been ‘safe’ and carried over to next season (just like before). The entire format of season6 is not even known yet — so far, instead of just dropping whomever places #7 in div1 due to 3 teams dropping, it seems they’ll get to “fight for it” in some way. Exciting times ahead! Can’t wait to “get the whole picture”, but details of season6 is yet to be revealed.”

But that’s me.

Hmmz, its a strange idea to implent this in the end of the season thats all :p

gryzor

Implement what, exactly? Please explain how any changes between season5 -> season6 affects CURRENT SEASON (which ends in 2 days)? Or do you suggest changes to the overall format done for season6 should have been posted before the start of season5? Sounds like a really bad way to draw upon gained experience from past season(s).

Table of season5 does not magically shift teams around, just because the season ends and another one begins in the future.

I’d also like to mention the word “preparation”. This is often a good thing.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

gryzor, at the start of the season it was clear to us we had to fight not getting relegated. So then you look at the table and aim for a spot which is cleared off relegation/playoff matches. Then you start working rlly rlly hard on the matches and maps you think you can win. That clear spot was number 7, now its number 6 ;/
FB, imp and cool all worked hard getting on getting the highest possible spot, but now apparently everything is decided by the last match. Even if the playoff match is played next season, that was because some clan got on the 7th spot in this season.
When nobody could get on the 8th spot anymore everybody let their guards down, because you couldnt get into the relegeation zone anyway.

But now someone forgot to add an extra relegation slot and tries to correct it end of season

Well, first of all in my opinion it comes quite as a suprise for the div 1 team standing 7th to hear this news. Maybe they planned a holiday? (just suggesting some possible situations ;))

Well in the football competition the format of the comming season is also determinded before the season starts and it doesnt got changed during the season :p

On the other hand, adding a 4th relegation spot is a bit weird if there are only 3 teams in div 2 able to get some points in div 1 (if they got promoted). But than again that’s positiv for the team ending 7th since he will get an easy relagation duel with the 4th and weakest div 2 team of the 4 who would promote. So in that way it doesnt really changes a lot.

I do admire the attemts of the admins to make the div 1 competition more hmm not-dropping but than again there is a very big level difference between 1 and 2 wich isnt making it easy

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Well, first of all in my opinion it comes quite as a suprise for the div 1 team standing 7th to hear this news. Maybe they planned a holiday? (just suggesting some possible situations ;))

you might wanna check the tables before you say that, everything is still open

Yes the playoff spot is wrong and shouldn’t be there. I totally agree with most of the people who aren’t admins are saying the same thing.

On the other hand… does it need a new thread? I mean, if coolclan/imp/FB totally deserve their div1 spot (which in my opinion, they each do), surely you won’t have problems playing some div2 team in a playoff then?

Just my two cents. The playoff system for this season is utter crap, but whining can’t change the decision. GL to the 7th spot div1 team at the end of the season.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »