Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 31 32 33 ... 64 Next »

saiboat

what the fuck make a fucking poll on main page already and there you go innit

gryzor

Anything that needed to be said has been jotted down on the previous 32 pages. This issue will be a question of public poll. Thread is now pseudo-locked, since I will delete anything after this that has not 101% of relevance and has already been written.

stko!

-9m-
-9m-

Tbh i am in favour of banning the fan even if i was a scout coz the scatterguns alot better to use anyway. plus if all it does is make people moan on about it then whats the point since half the community will want it and the other dont, itl just keep shifting in arguments and waste time.

With all due respect, I don’t get your argument. You’re saying that the scattergun is a lot better… so ban the FaN? If you are suggesting that the FaN is not as good as the scattergun, why would it bother you that people use it? Besides, something should not be banned because it’s “worse” or “better” than something else. There has to be a pure, logical and thought-out reason behind the decision. This is why I’m against the public poll. I cannot condone or support a decision to ban something purely because it’s “better” or, as a lot of people have suggested, it’s “annoying” — which is what I’m guessing a significant portion of the ‘Yes’ votes will boil down to. Shit, as a demoman, I find scouts annoying full-stop — should we just ban the lot of them? No. Because we work on a way to counter them.

Valve had admitted that the FaN needs tweaking and will likely address it in the next patch. If the ‘stun’ effect is removed and the kick-back works like it’s supposed to, will the argument disappear? Unlikely… people have made up their minds and this community appears to be adverse to the concept of change. However, if this vote does go ahead it should not be posted until the patch is released unless deadlines are approaching for Season 6. It deserves a fair trial.

If the ban passes… well, it just goes to show that if enough people throw enough shit at a wall, eventually something’s going to stick.

Tikcus

I agree polls are a bad idea.

The community should embrace change (or TF2 will die)

Unlocks should be all or non, since valve tweak all weapons, you can’t run a poll after every change

And polls like this lead to MOB rule, and the results will not reflect a fair result (2 scouts v 4 other classes, assuming everyone votes)
Yes the Fan is annoying, but so are soldiers rockets, and demo nads/stickies, not to mention the medic that heals the guy you just left on 1 hp

If a poll is ran it should be simply 1 of 2 choices
Allow unlocks
Ban unlocks

IMO
the sandman is a non issue since it has been nerfed beyond usefulness
the Fan is a non issue since it requires being able to aim, but a scout with a scatter that can aim was going to 2 shot you anyway (and it doesn’t stun sice you can still fire)
Jarate is a non isssue, as it involves losing a soldier/scout

Just allow all unlocks or BAN all unlocks then you never have to revisit this again

piece

thats cause springer is imba.

and what a lot of the “embrace change or tf2 will die” people seem to forget.
All these updates for weapons are aimed for the general public play. There is nno play testing of how it affects competitive play before hand.

If the comp community would play the game as it came orig. out there would be no class limits.
Its the reaction to the imbalances and fun spoiling elements of public play that kept the comp. community alive and made it grow.

I mean, 2 demos would have been ok as well, jsut run 2 demos urself. But dying of sticky traps and being owned by nade spam amde the community go for 1 demo.

Same with the fan, if enough people get pissed off by it it will get banned. If not, then it wont get banned.

Simple isnt it?
And calling other people who dislike the fan to the point of hating it “shit on the wall throwers” just shows how egoistical your view is.

ambra

recently I’m playing almost exclusively scout for my team and I have to say that it doesnt just feel right when im on top of THE SPIRE and push back down (and even kill sometimes) the soldiers AND the demoman trying to bring me down.

I mean the attention of a whole team is worth destroying a heavy… scout can maybe lose some duels with other scouts if his aim is not very good (which isnt said anyway because 1 hit point blank and pistol burst would be enough) but the tradeoff is the ability to damage the medic from farther distance (more bullets traveling) + the chance to let people get stuck on walls or props even if not shooting from point blank + the ability to repel soldiers and demomen jumping forward + the power of misplacing whole formations with a couple of shots putting a whole team in extreme disadvantage from initially fair or even better situations.

I’m not saying its the ultimate power tool but I think there should be a little rework on the knockback/propulsion system and there should be a damage based on actual distance rather than on the amount of bullets traveling… I’m sure we have all experienced the rage of our medic being deleted by a scout not at point blank and not even at the average “close range for bi-shot” distance firing that tool.

trams

-><-

I dont know if you have talked about this earlier but why the fuck do you slow down when you are running forward and get shot in the back? Someone has to fix the strange knockbacks.

ambra

I dont know if you have talked about this earlier but why the fuck do you slow down when you are running forward and get shot in the back? Someone has to fix the strange knockbacks.

try to aim upwards and shoot with the fan after a jump or two to enjoy a physic paradox: even if you shoot upwards you are in fact propelled upwards

Jones

My opinion: the Force of nature (FAN) IS overpowered.

The FAN dominates all classes at close range. Soldiers, other scouts, demos and medics. Your aim cannot be adjusted automatically by the FAN knockback because where your crosshair lands is completely random. For me my crosshair is usually at the sky making me completely dis-orientated. This combined with the FAN’s second shot taking 0.1 seconds to fire and being suspended in the air like a BIG TARGET SAYING SHOOT ME; means by the time you adjust your crosshair to aim at the scout your dead.

Another point: 2 shotting a medic with uber has become considerably easier for scouts with the FON because of the fast fire rate. I have seen medics die far more often with ubers due to the FAN.

Now this makes the FAN sound powerful. BUT I HAVEN’T FINISHED YET!

Imagine how powerful a gun would be, if it could shoot a soldier off a crate on Granary middle from the other side of the map. Well LOLZ that gun is the FAN.

So we have established that the FAN is extremerly powerful at close range. Fair enough, the strengths of its close range abilities should be high to reward a scout with good movement (ninja) and decision making skills.

However even retard scouts can command centre point by standing on their health pack shooting at the enemy soldier defending the crate.

At medium range, the FAN does equal if not more damage to a scatter gun. At long range, the damage is low, but it still knocks back the player. This makes the target more vunerable to other damage from spam, or knocks them off crucial points (gran boxes, spire etc etc).

I STILL HAVEN’T FINISHED. Oh and I need to mention their jumping and speed abilities. I’ve seen scouts basically bunnyhop away from players due to this gun.

I fucking hate this gun and I wish it were dead. It is seriously over-powered.

Jones

I just read the first 1/2 of this mamoth thread.

One thing I noticed:
People against the FAN, in general are giving good educated reasons why it should be nerfed or banned.

People supporting the FAN are giving completely useless reasons why it shouldn’t be banned. That is all, except for Arx, who even said himself it could be nerfed. The second best defense for the FAN behind Arx’s was “L2P retard.”

Says a lot really.

Editx2: I take back what I said about the admins after reading more of gryzors comments – He is a complete joke.
“After challenging players to give good points against the FAN, you have failed” – quote along those lines. You are god damn ignorant. This 32 page post is full of them!!!

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

it’s FaN (Force a Nature) kthx

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

I agree with Jones. In its current incarnation it has a reduced skill ceiling in terms of aim, while still gives the same, or even a bigger reward than the scattergun user. A FAN meatshot is 113, a Scattergun meatshot is 103, and the latter does not have the capability of setting up a free meatshot by just grazing an enemy (which lifts him nicely up into the air).

I think the best fix would be to link no. of pellets hit and fall-off damage to the strength of the knockback. And it would have to be sufficient to not have knockback beyond medium range, and if you don’t hit straight on with almost all pellets, it would have to be fairly weak, and not enough to knock soldiers jumping to spire back down by just grazing them.

Jones

Sorry Cheetah.

I’m on Page 22 now!

I HAVE seen games won and influenced soley by the fan. I have seen scouts Double in significance for their team and in individual skill due to the fan. This is all at the top level of play!

Also, the fan looks exactly the same as the scatter gun, so how do you know wtf your fighting against? People mention adapting to the fan. How do you adapt to the fan if it could be a scatter gun?

Take 2×110 damage shots to find out if it’s a fan, then “change”/”adapt”/”L2P” against it – oh shit too late I’m fucking 2 shotted dead in 1 second from 200hp.

Scenario: Running round a corner in Granary as a sol with 200hp, meet a scout with fan round the corner. We are facd2face. The scout shoots me first due to his quicker rate of fire, I shoot a rocket in the top right of my screen (where my cross hair is), the scout finishes me off with his second shot while I’m in suspense.

Conclusion: I have fired 1 rocket at the sky, the scout has fired 2 shots. The scout has 125hp, Soldier = dead. The scout is the heavy class, the soldier is a useless piece of shit.

Even if I hit the scout with my first rocket in the example above, with the self-damage I would of died anyway.

And yes, this sometimes happens when you come against a scatter gun, but scatter gun has a slower rate of fire, does less damage and doesn’t fuck your aim up. So it happens far less frequently.

Edit: After reading Nubonamission being a prick, I would like to plea: Ban this gun before Nubonamission becomes the best scout in Europe. That would be a disaster and complete lolz

Norris

I just read the first 1/2 of this mamoth thread.

People supporting the FON are giving completely useless reasons why it shouldn’t be banned. That is all, except for Arx, who even said himself it could be nerfed. The second best defense for the FON behind Arx’s was “L2P retard.”

Jones, you got a point there but you can’t srsly expect people to step up and waste their time in defending the fan. the ones just don’t care that much that they want it changed. they just play the damn game.

Jones

The only people for the FAN are:

People who play at a low level, against scouts with bad aim and so rarely encounter its potential.
Admins who don’t want to change anything as much as they can help it.
Scouts who have average aim, quite clever and are much better players with the gun.

Everyone else fucking hates it.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 31 32 33 ... 64 Next »