Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 32 33 34 ... 64 Next »

Anathema

The fact that a shot that does 3 dmg to you ( = normally Rape the opposing scout) makes you freeze on the spot and gets you instantly killed by spam, the second scout, or bad-fan scouts second shot, which is now aimed at a target not moving, is a joke.
Fucking horrible sentence that was kthx.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

+129717381 for Jones and mentioning that the fan just fucks up your aim. If I meet a fan scout as a scout and he hits me (doesn’t matter if its 1 or 110 dmg) , I’m pretty much fucked. I have to adjust my aim because it’s all over the fucking place from the knockback. And by the time I get one shot off I’m dead.

Also, don’t forget the effect of stun on scouts at mid fights. If you get hit in an open area, you can be sure as hell the enemy will unleash all their spam on your sorry ass and no chance of getting away. You just hoover in the air while the rockets and pipes come flying in, and by the time you touch the ground again you’re dead.

If the sandman can be banned for fucking up movement, so should the fan. I bet if you calculate “stun over time” the fan> sandman. Because of it’s higher rof.

gryzor

*loads of rage*

I take back what I said about the admins after reading more of gryzors comments – He is a complete joke.

Or players like “nubonamission” who I only name after he acted like a COMPLETE wanker are for it because its the only way they will ever influence a game.

The only people for the FAN are:

People who play at a low level, against scouts with bad aim and so rarely encounter its potential.
Admins who don’t want to change anything as much as they can help it.
Scouts who have average aim, quite clever and are much better players with the gun.

Everyone else fucking hates it.

Hehe.

You call a bunch of people “retards”, me specifically a “joke” and then end off all this nonsense with “everyone hates it who is not a low-div noob”.

First off, nobody can take you seriously since you obviously can’t use “everyone is a dumbshit” as argument. Calling me a joke is fine, but as you can see — I’ve not posted here for a long time.

The reason I’ve not posted, is because I’m aware (and so is anyone interested in the TF2 competetive scene) that Valve is totally changing the FaN (or FON, as you like to call it — just so we do not misunderstand each other here).

If you look at your friendslist, you can see a bunch of people playing “Teamfortress 2 Beta”. They can not tell you much, but from what I’ve been able to extract, they are pleased with the way the _REWRITTEN_ fan code is working.

Now, since you are this “high level” player (since you just wanked all over the lowdiv-players), I also presume you knew this.

This makes me ask, why did you write those three long posts about the current FAN in the first place, when you obviously have some insider information on the current status of the BETA-FAN — being this HIGH-LEVEL player and all? Why did you QQ over an obsolete issue? Why did you feel the need to insult a bunch of people?

… or, is it just that you are an ignorant bastard who likes to flame people for no particular reason?

Either way, it made me smile.

Thanks.

Jones

I regret the one insult about Nub and deleted :D

RaCio

GoT²

I think the best fix would be to link no. of pellets hit and fall-off damage to the strength of the knockback.

afaik that is being tested in tf2 beta: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=930130

Jones

First of all gryzor, 75% of your post is wrong. I haven’t called anyone a “retard” in any of my posts relating to the FAN. You were right about me calling you a “joke” because quite frankly, your handling of this post and the recent episode with NVC ratify that.

You are wrong about me calling people “low division noobs” – didn’t mention that anywhere

I didn’t call anyone “dumbshits.” Wrong here.

You were right about the FAN in TF2 beta, i assume anyway I didn’t know about that. So right here.

I never ever mentioned I play at a “high level”. Although I have played against “high level” players who use the FAN. One of the strongest supporters of the fan (Arnold) said that only high skilled players opinions should count which I thought was BS btw. So you are wrong again here.

I didn’t flame anyone for no reason. You were being ignorant, hence the flame. Nubonamission was flaming Oggy and being a wanker, so I gave some flame back. So you are WRONG AGAIN.

In fact, after all these catastrophic errors and accusations, some of NVC’s claims which I previously ignored could infact be true. Making me now wish you would step down as admin. Maybe we should poll this to.

As an admin putting made up words for self-gain in my mouth seems quite bad no?

gryzor

(Accidently hit save in the middle of a sentance — that’s why it was broken up)

*shakes head in disbelief* You edit out your insults, as stated above — then you go on by attacking me, claiming you’ve never written them. You bring up the tiresome issue with the “usual suspects” that people are so sick and tired of, that it’s not even funny — and then you round if off to snatch their quite tiresome argument that I should quit as admin.

How do you figure this is working out for you, so far?

I’ll give you lot some sound advice.

Making the whole ETF2L community tired of your BULLSHIT is not the way to go. If you are truly serious about removing my “admin”-flag from this league and step down from the technical backend-support I provide to various “instances” in the fellowship that makes up “ETF2L”, silently collect all this presumed misuse and abuse I perform into ONE LARGE FILE and send it all off to Deneusbeer and Day (head administrators). I can assure you they will _NOT_ tolerate people working on the project putting into system to be abusive and try and hinder the movement of the project as a whole forward.

ANY other method is USELESS and IN VAIN. You are just talking TO ME. I’m just laughing and having a good time about all this, but I’m sure it makes a lot of our userbase UNCOMFORTABLE and any NEW users to the league wonder what the hell is going on. This is COUNTERPRODUCTIVE to your case. Build your own little group of cool guys who can help you out in putting together this “dossier”, I’m sure you will find help from certain individuals. Thing is, there are quite a few people sending me messages, wondering why the hell NVC and the rest of the lot has not been banned yet — but it doesn’t work that way. I’m pleading this for the cause of EVERYONE ELSE, the player, not me personally.

Until then, please SHUT UP and stop pestering me and the general population of our league in general and GOOD LUCK with your project.

EDIT: And to the original threadcreator, this got derailed from the FAN itself and I’m truly sorry for that. I felt this was important enough to warrant a reply.

Jones

So do you deny just making up quotes I never said, or are you thinking of some more? Shakes head in disbelief at how wrong you were?

I don’t understand.

Jones

I editted the one insult you quoted anyway relating to nubonamission. None of your quotes prove any of your points. Only the one mentioned and FON (hoho) have been editted.

Added after reading your edit: I don’t like Joske (at all) and I don’t give a crap about nvc and yourself. However I am aware of your haters, but I wouldn’t judge you on their experiences. I didn’t have any feelings for you what so ever before reading this post. You quote me from my posts and then make stories about how you interpreted my quotes.

1. You interpreted my quotes in a very wrong and negative way.
2. You used quotation marks (that’s these “”” characters btw) to try and prove a point. The point you tried to prove didn’t reconcile with my points, or my actual quotes. In other words you wrongly made them up from your own negative mind. This is why I am judging you now.

“since you just wanked all over the lowdiv-players” is one example. Very productive and extremerly accurate from what I have said. As they would say in America: NAAAWT

I am not part of this conspiracy btw, just dropped that sly comment about you stepping down to combat some of yours. Fight fire with fire as they say.

I said a lot of constructive stuff in my threads. I also said some negative things, which you have chosen to focus on. You then exaggerated and editted some of my quotes to the point of lying. For what reason? I don’t know.

Keep up the good work oh admin who sets a good example.

P.s. If you do good work behind the scenes, I do honestly appreciate this. I have mentioned numerous times how grateful I am of the ETF2L staff (publicly) for making this league what it is. Unfortunately for you, I don’t see your work behind the scenes. I only see the crap you give (and get) on these forums. Anyway I’m done and won’t hold any grudges from this.

ambra

“cool guys” using fan a lot like arnold either rage-switch to normal scattergun if getting killed or make other scouts rage-switch to fan after a couple of rounds and voilat its all about who gets the helping rockets from above before again.

Oh and I dont hate the weapon itself (just find it a bit OTT), but I really despise the pretentiousness of those calling themselfs “FAN Players” being like “HURR DURR I’M ABLE TO USE THE FAN AT ITS TOP”
Congratulations god damnit, you can shoot people down the hills by simply clicking on them from afar and you can be in the middle of badlands at record speed timing a couple of shots, implying at the same time that most of the other scouts CANT and dont pick the FAN because theyre not confident with it… HONESTLY… get out :

KOVACS

The only people for the FAN are:

People who play at a low level, against scouts with bad aim and so rarely encounter its potential.
Admins who don’t want to change anything as much as they can help it.
Scouts who have average aim, quite clever and are much better players with the gun.

Everyone else fucking hates it.

Hahah actually a very accurate observation come to think of it. GWAN Jones welcome to the “Usual Suspects” as Gryzor put it. Ironically that makes 5 of us.

“Five Criminals . One Line Up . No Coincidence”

skinnie

TCM

fan is overpowered , if u haven’t realised by now I feel sorry for u

Slick

Epsilon

remove it alrdy

skinnie

TCM

topic closed.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Getting much airtime or stand on pillars/walls/rocks to prevent getting hit by rocket splash damage is impossible with a fan scout nearby. You just get stunned and spammed to fuck. Fan also makes shit soldiers better.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 32 33 34 ... 64 Next »