Forum

sv_allow_wait_command 0

Created 24th May 2009 @ 19:49

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

RuneSky

sv_allow_wait_command 0 is in the etf2l config. Up until the sniper/spy update this didn’t work. Now it does work and wait is not a valid command. This screws up the perfectly legal script I use (and crashes the game when I use it).

Is this command going to remain in the config now it actually works?

Waebi

‹Con›

was gonna say you’re late if you suggest etf2l should use it.

YES IT SUCKS. And yes, hearing 100% of all scripters cry is something that might give hard-ons to sadists, but besides m0re (<3) i doubt there is anyone in the admin team.

so yes, let’s hope it will get removed.

for science

I’d assume yes – as it was probably put in assuming it did work initially (as in hldm) and then just never removed once it was noticed it doesn’t work; otherwise why have it there at all?

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

go away you evil scripters! Press R by yourself!

AnAkkk

Keep it. Stop using illegal scripts and modify your legal scripts to don’t use the wait command.

This command was requested to be fixed by competitive players, that’s why they fixed it.

Ino

dp.
dp.

plus you don’t need it for rocket jumps, duck jumps and reload, so pretty much every legal script out there

Rele

plus you don’t need it for rocket jumps, duck jumps and reload, so pretty much every legal script out there

You need it as demoman to reload your sticky launcher.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

You need it as demoman to reload your sticky launcher.

wut

Rele

alias +reloadshot "-reload; +attack"
alias -reloadshot "-attack; wait 3; +reload"
bind mouse1 +attack

Will autoreload the pipe launcher and the sticky launcher (normally reload scripts screw up with the sticky launcher, this one fixed it by setting -reload before shotting. You need the waits for it to work properly though).

(c) Jonni :P

AnAkkk

You can do different scripts to remove the need of wait. This should work:

alias +reloadshot “-reload; +attack”
alias -reloadshot “-attack; exec reload.cfg”

and in reload.cfg put +reload

Are you sure it doesn’t work if you remove the “wait 3”?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

alias +reloadshot "-reload; +attack"
alias -reloadshot "-attack; wait 3; +reload"
bind mouse1 +attack

Will autoreload the pipe launcher and the sticky launcher (normally reload scripts screw up with the sticky launcher, this one fixed it by setting -reload before shotting. You need the waits for it to work properly though).

(c) Jonni :P

I mean, you can press R right….

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

You can do different scripts to remove the need of wait. This should work:

alias +reloadshot “-reload; +attack”
alias -reloadshot “-attack; exec reload.cfg”

and in reload.cfg put +reload

Are you sure it doesn’t work if you remove the “wait 3”?

without wait the sticky launcher charges

RuneSky

This command was requested to be fixed by competitive players, that’s why they fixed it.

They asked very quietly then.

There are plenty of scripts that need wait to work properly. Both demoman sticky jump and soldier rocket jump require waits to work properly.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

They asked very quietly then.

There are plenty of scripts that need wait to work properly. Both demoman sticky jump and soldier rocket jump require waits to work properly.

You have a bind for sticky jumps???

Bury

Thanks for saying this Runesky, my game has been crashing inconveniently on some servers… and this was why, thanks for saying; removed the pointless scripts i can do by hand and i can now actually play the game. Thankye.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »