Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

Jonni

[FB]

this:
alias +reloadshot “-reload; +attack”
alias -reloadshot “-attack; wait 3; +reload”
bind mouse1 +reloadshot

that everyone seems to have gotten off of me. damn scavengers :P
it doesn’t work anymore and I can not replace the wait command with anything that doesn’t make my game lag too badly while wasting the time ‘wait 3’ used to waste.
I will work hard on finding another way to make fully functional demoman reload scripts and i’ll post the awnser when i find it.

p.s. tried everything mentioned in the thread, nothing works so far.

Mendietaaaa

TBNC

you can try with sv_allow_wait_command 1

Jonni

[FB]

yse but we don’t allow that in etf2l dude :P
that’s why we’re trying to figure out how to work it without wait command

hänsen

Team Popo!

i guess he knew that but just wanted to be a bit sarcastic…

>.> evil evil admins

always you are the bad guys :P

seraph

rEJ

but surely anything that makes autoreload for demoman work will also make rapid-fire for scout work? so if you get something to work, you may as just well remove the sv_allow_wait_command from the config.

Maybe it’s something that should be put to the vote?

The Postman

I will work hard on finding another way to make fully functional demoman reload scripts and i’ll post the awnser when i find it..

If you do, I will buy you 1 internets.

frooker

alias +reloadshot "-reload; +attack"
alias -reloadshot "-attack; wait 3; +reload"
bind mouse1 +attack

Will autoreload the pipe launcher and the sticky launcher (normally reload scripts screw up with the sticky launcher, this one fixed it by setting -reload before shotting. You need the waits for it to work properly though).

(c) Jonni :P

I mean, you can press R right….

#2 :>

seraph

rEJ

I mean, you can press R right….

Those of us who happen to think that quake is the pinnacle of 1-player games can not, in fact, push R. >:3

Jonni

[FB]

but surely anything that makes autoreload for demoman work will also make rapid-fire for scout work? so if you get something to work, you may as just well remove the sv_allow_wait_command from the config.

Maybe it’s something that should be put to the vote?

the wait action in the reload script for demoman is only rarely used when compared to how many times the wait command in a fastshoot script gets used. my idea of replacing the wait command for my script was a series of commands that don’t do anything but still get executed to make the script wait a certain amount of time (lots of testing). But what I found so far is that it does take a litlle performance every time my ‘wait command replacement’ gets used. so if you implemented that in a fast-shoot script your PC would crash every time you use the script :)
(yes I tried to make a fast-shoot script that works too, crash, crash, crash :D)

M0re

stop coding you scripter jonni.

for science

You could just macro the whole thing.

Sourcer0X

just use the toggleable one if u find a server with sv_allow_wait_command 1 works fine on me (and get used to use 1 more button when u have sticky launcher in hand :D)

exm

WTF?

1.4.8 Addendum

For any scripts not mentioned here, you can use as general rule of thumb: anything that allows you to do something that would be impossible without that script is forbidden.
When in doubt, the admins decide on the legality of the script.

How the hell having autoreload script is doing something IMPOSSIBLE? Pressing R after every rocket jump, every rocket shot is just plane IDIOTIC. So why not have computer do it for you? Of course having Fast Shot script (or even rocket jump imo) gives you a HUGE benefit, so they shouldnt be allowed. But autoreload? zomfg…

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

In my mind, a reload script is perfectly fine. Any other script that does something for you is pathetic. :p I don’t use anything and nor shall I though, pressing R is not hard. :p

Norris

uhm guess my jump scripts are screwed ;>

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »