Forum

[PETITION] Please make evidence public

Created 12th April 2009 @ 17:35

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

djc

d2f~

People only demand some sort of evidence from ETF2L because it feels more communal; they have some tangible knowledge of each admin on a level that goes beyond “This is a person who I answer to.” Resulting from that, people see them less as a figure of power and more as a figure of a helpful guy who is working a little above you in the world. Just because you “feel” like you have some sort of awareness of the people running this league, or expect some strange sense of community-affection to hit them and force them to release evidence does not mean it is what will happen or what should happen.

What is the difference between the current group of admins viewing the evidence and deciding, and the community viewing it and deciding? Do you expect the community to have knowledge of cheating that the admins do not? Do you just desire the community to be the ones making the calls, and not the admins? The admins were chosen from the community, are representative of the community, and are well aware of the community. Do you think that there is a difference between, let’s say, “The Admins” Byte/Jonni/Winneh watching a demo and deciding that someone is a cheater, and “The Players” Byte/Jonni/Winneh watching a demo and deciding that someone is a cheater?

If you actually think there is some differentiation there, you’re being silly. Those three players were chosen from the pool of some 4000 players or 5000 players to represent this league in this representative democracy (for lack of a better term; the fact that so many people have been applying political jargon to this issue over the past few days is sad). If Winneh were a player who had watched the demos, accused someone of hacking, pointed it out to the admins, and the player had been banned – who here would be complaining? Who would be calling Winneh a “little baby” or an “idiot” like some of you have?

The fact that these people have the title of admin is just biasing you against them, even though you sit there expecting something from them and making the assumption that they are your friend – but only so long as they do not do something that harms you or someone you know, right?

ADDENDUM: I don’t care whether the admins make the evidence public or not; I don’t think it holds any bearing on my opinion of them nor should it have a bearing on anyone else’s opinion of them really. They do not act any differently than the other admins of other TF2 leagues. But I just think it is really silly that you hold them to such a double standard over this! The end. Prince is hot.

AnAkkk

against.

and this thread won’t change anything to admins decision.

J3

so says anakin almighty….

AnAkkk

wrong thread. delete this.

yellowfellow

F13

if this will be done, then hackers will be more dodgey to get caught. senseless thread

NOT-HIM

GC

Just get some anti cheat runing o.O

Abra

“now we got some guy from ‘omg it is’ banned and their leader is desperatly trying to convince us from his innocence by releasing a pov demo … where i actually believe he aimbots in” lol from you really lol.. Have ever seen aim bot in action? It’s looks like shaking screen or something like this? Isnt it?

I can repeat-I never use cheats and want prove this anyway…

djc

d2f~

There are a ridiculously large number of aimbots that all function in different ways and the idea that all aimbots are accompanied by a shaking screen is ludicrous.

Bjuo

it’s already a very hard job to ban someone that you just played with the other day, and that you know for long, and you offer to make they’re job harder with all the protests?
our admins don’t deserve this

I think they’re doing a fine job, and if someone is really innocent he might aswell talk to the admins by himself

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

As admin, i’ve had the option to see all of these demos. Now i didn’t look at them all, i’m far too un-interested in that. I did look at 1 or 2 though, and i can honestly tell you, i could hardly ever see anything that i could call cheating. The only reason i think i’ve maybe seen something suspicious is because i’ve heard winneh/wlv talk about these things so much, so i picked up a few things. But still, you’d have to point me right to a cheat for me to see it.

The point here is: not everyone can see cheaters (especially if they don’t want to see it, if you know what i mean.) It takes time, dedication, and knowledge to do that. Most people will prolly see nothing different if they normally play back the demo of any of the players banned yesterday. I know i don’t atleast.

THis is also why i don’t give my opinion in the AC thread, i don’t have a clue about it :P

Abra

Ok.I am agree-too many diferent aimbots. But give me for example what signs of any aimbot have this http://rapidshare.com/files/220540758/abra_april_9_pickups.rar.html

“”As admin, i’ve had the option to see all of these demos. Now i didn’t look at them all, i’m far too un-interested in that. I did look at 1 or 2 though, and i can honestly tell you, i could hardly ever see anything that i could call cheating. The only reason i think i’ve maybe seen something suspicious is because i’ve heard winneh/wlv talk about these things so much, so i picked up a few things. But still, you’d have to point me right to a cheat for me to see it.

The point here is: not everyone can see cheaters (especially if they don’t want to see it, if you know what i mean.) It takes time, dedication, and knowledge to do that. Most people will prolly see nothing different if they normally play back the demo of any of the players banned yesterday. I know i don’t atleast.

THis is also why i don’t give my opinion inl the AC thread, i don’t have a clue about it :P””

U are right! But I can see that admins have ability to see cheats when there no any cheats…. Hm… U know this my game was nothing specia…And I Play just like that for 1 year …All was ok/I have just few guys saying i am wallhacker)) But its dong go more then just words. And now Ban..For Aimbot…

J3

DeNeusbeer I appreciate your comment. That shows u guys r aware and respect this subject.

I agree with u but I can say the same, someone can easily see cheats in almost everything if they really want to and are willing to believe. I think u understand my point…

Ofc I will not believe unless I see the demos and a short explanation, at least u guys who are admins have a chance to see those, I didn’t.
So now that I need evidence I am calling this community petition so that I can say with all sureness that he cheated.

In addition I think admins should be open to admit your mistakes as much as me, I will apologize ofc if u guys show me I am wrong and I’ll give u guys full trust. I hope u guys act the same way around.
I am only here fighting for the best interests of the community, yours and ofc mine.

tks

edit: I reported nike to day when he was on fake if that matters, me and master didn’t want to believe so we just stood by and w8 for ur guys decision on the matter, turned out I was right unfortunatly. So I am ready to believe there was a cheating issue if someone can show it to me.

Flo

ColorZ

A. I subscribe to this totally.

Waebi

‹Con›

“But still, you’d have to point me right to a cheat for me to see it.”

right. That’s where the thing i spoke of in IRC comes to my mind again. Basically you say, if you were pointed to the tick etc, you’d see it?

Where’s the problem then, if you just release the demos to the players who (privately) ask you about it, and then tell them “there, there, that.” We wont tell you HOW we do it (because of previous reasons), but you can see it. That’d imo at least show that you #care.

Anyone with the certain knowledge in the community could then act as some kind of “approver” for these demos (I agree with HAX, w/e), which should increase the credibility then.

In the end of the day, there are surely some people around who’d know how to prepare the demos etc, and i truly doubt they will just fuck up your “secrets” with telling. They could anyway, anytime. So?

Vali

-9w-

“Where’s the problem then, if you just release the demos to the players who (privately) ask you about it, and then tell them “there, there, that.” We wont tell you HOW we do it (because of previous reasons), but you can see it. That’d imo at least show that you #care.”

Sorry Waebi but I really doubt that this would solve anything. If people aren’t informed as to why what is going on is cheating then all that people would deny that it’s cheating and say that it just proves their innocence. It also could have the side-effect of alerting the cheaters to what part of their aimbot or whatever was picked up on as they might have an understanding of what was going on as well. For the cheaters which are at least subtle about it, I reckon an explanation about what was happening would be needed and the admins sure as hell aren’t just gonna tell everyone how they detect cheaters.

(plus telling tons of people individually how it happens would be a shitload of work as compared to telling everyone)

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »