Forum

Would ETF2L be better off without wildcards?

Created 25th November 2013 @ 16:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

In UGC, monday is “match day”, and everybody knows this. I have never had a team not show up, or had trouble finding scrims/warmups for UGC.

inb4 “hurrdurr ugc sux”, it’s the principle I am talking about. Makes it all much easier for everybody

A default day each week would be great

Marmite

9 ☆

Ya keep 1 only

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from alba

I would use a wildcard when A some technical issues appear or B someone has real life stuff to do, and you cant always know about these problems 24h in advance. Allthough some system to remove “we need to practise the map more” wildcards would be nice but nearly impossible to make a solid system for it

ohohohoh wildcard police is forming.

Quoted from kaidus

It’s super annoying when a team tells you they will 90% wildcard their match tonight

Yes, but it happens when a team has no balls and they act like faggots.

In my opinion, the only thing which could be an improve is making games which schedule was accepted by both team-leaders to be not wildcard-able (you can wildcard only default-date matches).

But yeah, what’s the point of changing something what has been used for many seasons and people are used to it.

Kaneco

#NOEXCEPTIONS

(wildcards are not a problem unless abused. Maybe extend the deadline to use a wildcard (ie: 1 hour before the match or something))

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Scissors

In UGC, monday is “match day”, and everybody knows this. I have never had a team not show up, or had trouble finding scrims/warmups for UGC.

inb4 “hurrdurr ugc sux”, it’s the principle I am talking about. Makes it all much easier for everybody

default date is sunday every week, its only different if both teams agree otherwise or if 1 team does not respond to proposed schedules from the other team (or if 1 team already has a game on that sunday)

Last edited by Permzilla,

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

…wait we get 2 wildcards?

brb wildcarding

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

If teams took the start of the season more seriously and were actually prepared, I think 1 wildcard would be acceptable (for Prem at least). If ETF2L can be on the ball next season and have a extra week to handle pre-season playoffs, that might help?!

frixx

LG

Keep the wildcard(s)

ondkaja

IKEA

increase the amount of wildcards to 3 per season, but make them extend the deadline by only one week

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from ondkaja

increase the amount of wildcards to 3 per season, but make them extend the deadline by only one week

That would make it impossible to issue default dates in many (or most?) cases.

yak

DUBSTEP
Gungaginga

Quoted from Scissors

Having a default day, such as UGC’s monday also stops many people from being able to play in the league as that may be a day that they aren’t available on. It also means there is rarely any effort to try and schedule another date. Besides, UGC and ETF2L both have completely different league setups, as ETF2L lets you know what all your matches are, whereas you don’t in UGC until a few days before, shortening the dates you can also play, soooo

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Quoted from Scissors

I think the counter argument is that most teams usually have a “backup” anyway, particularly at top Silver level anyway.

Besides, I’m sure one of the requirements teams ask players before they join a UGC roster is if they can play Monday nights, no? :S

Carlos Kaiser

Having the possibility to wildcard > Playing a useless map during a scrim
Teams just don’t have a sub/merc as strong as their main for every single class, there can be situations where a wildcard is the only good solution.

sad-panda

I totally agree with this.

Its very annoying to have a loyal dedicated team only for the other team to wild card at the last minute just because there carry player cant play or because they haven’t practice the map enough.

It also makes teams lazy when it comes to arranging matches imo.

Fuxx

REMOVE

The system is fine as it is. I personally have rarely (if ever) felt the necessity to use a wildcard, but they’re still a very convenient little feature to have in the event of an emergency.

Question: Why is it fine to issue minor warnings only to teams who purposely play their games later than scheduled?

Question number 2: Why is the existence of wildcards a bigger problem that that?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »