Forum

Would ETF2L be better off without wildcards?

Created 25th November 2013 @ 16:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

You should get rid of the wildcard system but improve the match days and mercs rule.

As others have mentioned if there is a day that the game will be played for every week (monday) teams have no excuse on getting a team ready, if they cannot get a player in their roster for that day they will be allowed one merc without the enemy team approving (providing he plays in their division).

This means games aren’t move around retardedly and the schedule remains a bit more consistent.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

As others have mentioned if there is a day that the game will be played for every week (monday) teams have no excuse on getting a team ready, if they cannot get a player in their roster for that day they will be allowed one merc without the enemy team approving (providing he plays in their division).

This means games aren’t move around retardedly and the schedule remains a bit more consistent.

And you alienate all the players that so happen to not be available on that day.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Most teams only have a 6 or 7 player roster, the playerbase isn’t big enough to have a large amount of people in each roster. This means you can’t just enforce days in the same way as sports teams.

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from sad-panda

No its bullshit imo

a team should be made up of 6 or 9 top players if said players cant play in their position then its up to the said team compensate for that loss.

hence why teams should have back up players in their squad

i just think a wild card should be used in desperate situations where most of your team ends up missing for whatever reason at the last minute.

I think there too many teams that take wild cards as the easy option out when they cant be arsed to practice a map or as i said before they carry player happens to be missing.

i think 1 wild card per season per team is more then fair.

Image if teams could do this in pro sports.

Ooooh messi is injured for this game lets wild card it until he is ready to play :P

oh we got a few players out injured lets wild card it while while we get them back to 100%

Imagine a top football club where they get 2 wild cards whenever a top player is out injured or whatever.

i am sorry but teams in most comp sports are given their fixture lists and have to stick to it.

I don’t see why tf2 should be any different

How much do you get paid playing tf2 in etf2l?
Do you see why it should be any different now?

Max

Fusion

ETF2L could use a better planning with these wildcards. I don’t know shit how this would be planned but after reading everyone’s comment and trying to understand it, I see that maybe ETF2L game fixtures just needs a better planning so teams can keep up with wildcards.

6s players (who loves to play in 6s ofc) tend to have high skill leveled HL games. Now it is really hard to let go of one thing. Keeping up with a 6s team who has a low number of players? Or trying to keep up with your high level HL team as a solid player or even a carry? ETF2L 6s and HL seasons needs to be better fixtured IMO. And with UGC coming out of the door. Keeping up with 2 different teams is hard enough. But some teams may even need to keep up with THREE different teams. And above that number of teams, you know someone is crazy(and yes, it is possible to have around 5 or 6 different teams on different leagues and competition).

ETF2L and UGC needs to group up and need to do fixtures that fits each others league both 6s and HL. Or we will have to keep up with these forum posts a ton.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Max

ETF2L 6s and HL seasons needs to be better fixtured IMO.

But our 6v6 and HL seasons never overlap (bar some playoff or tie-breaker matches here and there)… or is that not what you mean?

Max

Fusion

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

But our 6v6 and HL seasons never overlap (bar some playoff or tie-breaker matches here and there)… or is that not what you mean?

If you read more what I’ve written, you can understand what I mean ^^

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Max

[…]

If you read more what I’ve written, you can understand what I mean ^^

actually I did read your entire post, but I’m struggling to understand what you’re trying to say
sorry :p

as for the ugc/etf2l working together and not overlapping the seasons – go for it, go arrange it. just.. do you know how long ugc seasons are? :D

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Max

Fusion

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

actually I did read your entire post, but I’m struggling to understand what you’re trying to say
sorry :p

as for the ugc/etf2l working together and not overlapping the seasons – go for it, go arrange it. just.. do you know how long ugc seasons are? :D

Well, 6s and HL UGC and 6s ETF2L always gets screwed up together. Look at now? People are starting to practice UGC 6s and now ETF2L 6s is going to be underway and in around 2 weeks the UGC HL will start and players will get confused whetever they should play 6s or HL.

Last edited by Max,

ondkaja

IKEA

UGC is a shit league with retarded admins who like to represent the league in the worst manner possible (which is what happens when you put kids in such positions). There is no incentive to play so the skill level is really low even in platinum, and the seasons are like 14 weeks long. There is no reason whatsoever for ETF2L to take the schedules of UGC into consideration.

Last edited by ondkaja,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6