Created 26th October 2013 @ 19:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 Next »

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from droso

[…]
The only thing that matters is that the best team wins. PG were better than these teams for 4 seasons but now they’ve finally catched up.

6v6 4 – 1 Highlander

?

This thread is like the pub nerd that taunts when he gets a revenge kill on you. A revenge means you were getting DOMINATED

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Christ, the stuck up shitty attitude of ‘proper’ highlander teams makes me want to see them lose even more. I recall at i46 a certain team saying that they’d beat us easily because ‘we were 6v6 players’ and lost shortly after (let’s not say what happened next shall we Trane <3 )…

And the retarded elitism continues, grow up kids.

kzr_

gR.

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

The reasons I heard PG dropped were because a lot of the old lineup stopped playing, they were replaced by “HL” players, or really Portuguese people and the ones who used to play before don’t think it is the same experience whilst the newer people obviously aren’t proving adequate enough replacements (hence their bad results and subsequent dropping).

Basically it applies for every team in the history of TF2 – If it ain’t fun and it becomes a chore, don’t play. So the statement “HL teams beat you > Drop” doesn’t really apply – It is an atmosphere issue. It helps to know the actual circumstances behind it.

Plus I haven’t seen DA!, SNSD or Legolas drop or even show signs of dropping yet…

I think its a equation of heavily remodeled roster + 0 scrims + got beat up by a very strong and prepared team + no interest in playing HL by most of its “expert/old” players

@Trane – you have no right to talk about Sigma drop since you don’t know the facts that lead into that situation and your team got beaten by them (6-0). portuguese saying that aplies to the situation – we all have glass roofs

Last edited by kzr_,

botman

Quoted from Trane

My god, I can’t believe the level of elitism shown here from people who actually haven’t achieved anything yet. Get over yourselves.

Edit – In particular Fuxx. Just noticed your team dropped. So much ironic lols.

What has his team dropping got to do with anything? You don’t know the reasoning behind what might actually be a different matter.

I don’t think this elitism (if it is that) is too bad actually, if anything it just shows people are driven to compete. No need to take it too personally, though.

Quoted from beach

Christ, the stuck up shitty attitude of ‘proper’ highlander teams makes me want to see them lose even more. I recall at i46 a certain team saying that they’d beat us easily because ‘we were 6v6 players’ and lost shortly after (let’s not say what happened next shall we Trane <3 )…

Not that I know anything about whatever that is, but the reason the HL side of the community is trying to emphasise their accomplishments right now is because it’s been a season of changes. I don’t really think this reaction is not to be expected since 6v6 has always had the larger and dominant playerbase, and so there’s never been any need for them to say anything.

So obviously this is a natural reaction (though it doesn’t justify anyone acting lowly anyway) and doesn’t really need any drama. No offence intended, beach, but I don’t think you realised you’re responding in a similar way just from your side, and not exactly in position to tell people to “grow up”, and implying some sort of superiority even?

just play and have fun please

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Highlander has hardly been DOMINATED by 6v6 teams like LEGO/PG. SNSD and DAROUTOUTOU are both made up of 6v6 players, but are both as much Highlander teams as any other team in Prem currently. What makes those teams so special just because they don’t play 6v6?

Just to prove a point
Season 1: 1st – SNSD, 2nd – Turbopoop eSports, 3rd – May Contain Nuts
Season 2: 1st – SNSD, 2nd – 27, 3rd – May Contain Nuts
Season 3: 1st – SNSD, 2nd – Parrot Gapers, 2rd – May Contain Nuts
Season 4: 1st – DAROUTOUTOU, 2nd – SNSD, 3rd – Parrot Gapers

I would count all those in bold as Highlander teams and not ‘6s’ superstars. Tell me more about how Highlander is dominated by ‘6s superteams’ please.

Last edited by Permzilla,

botman

think people are overreacting and being way too categorical, basically high level 6v6 backgrounds usually mean you have a lot of experience in tf2 obviously, but doesn’t mean all of those people haven’t taken their hl team seriously.

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from beach

I comepletely agree with you, but in all fairness, I’d say that’s a small portion of the community making a lot of noise. Not fair to tar everyone with the same brush.

Enders Flame

Quoted from Cuttlefish

[…]
I comepletely agree with you, but in all fairness, I’d say that’s a small portion of the community making a lot of noise. Not fair to tar everyone with the same brush.

I would agree with this. I think atleast half of the comments on this forum from ‘HL’ players have made fairly balanced arguements, without stereotyping! And that’s only on the forum! 99% aren’t on the forums.

Tuto

8-)

Here we go again, the HL vs 6v6 discussion

Trane

Quoted from kzr_

[…]

I think its a equation of heavily remodeled roster + 0 scrims + got beat up by a very strong and prepared team + no interest in playing HL by most of its “expert/old” players

@Trane – you have no right to talk about Sigma drop since you don’t know the facts that lead into that situation and your team got beaten by them (6-0). portuguese saying that aplies to the situation – we all have glass roofs

I have news for you Sonny, this is a forum and I have every right to comment. I don’t actually give a shit why they dropped, it’s irrelevant to my point, and the fact is – it happened.

To quote Fuxx:
The “Highlander folk”, a.k.a those that are invested in the Highlander scene, not to be confused with “anti-6v6″ or anything of the sort, are joyful to be witnessing this change but are also proud that they themselves are involved in it (by the way, this is perhaps the most entertaining, unpredictable and jaw dropping season I’ve witnessed so far). It is therefore that you should expect them to offer no sympathy for the structurally weak teams that never took the scene seriously to begin with.“6v6 folk” should not take offense to their rejoice, instead the mature move is to lighten up and realize that this is no longer their territory, it is the territory of proper teams and if you want to keep your position in it then you have to fight for it, to earn it, just like the brand new Prem teams that are currently rolling everyone in their path are.

I see you understand the analogy of people in glass houses. So if you can’tunder stand how that applies here, you are an idiot.

I just take umbrage with ‘the new world order’ of HL teams, even those not in the top tier, coming in and acting like their God’s gift to the scene and trying to belittle the achievements of older teams because of the evolution of the meta. I’ve never seen this level of elitism and ego from SNSD, and they’ve won everything. if you want to talk about investing in the scene, speak to hildreth or yonus, or just come back when you’ve actually played at the top for a while.

Linus

[d¿s]

A lot of people tend to forget that in season 1, the admins made the divisions so that the “classic” or “traditional” highlander teams would get in the highest division. All the 6v6 “superstar” teams were forced in div2 or lower – they worked their way up to the top from there.

Funnily enough, most of the “proper” highlander teams in the top since then have folded long ago.

Also, I’d like to point out that finding highlander pcws is a pain, not to mention that highlander teams *are* late usually. Very, very late. If there was a better, more reliable system to find games with teams being more organized then I am sure more pcws would’ve been played too.

Personally, I’ve been finding as many pcws for SNSD as possible, working around our 6v6 schedule. It only become relatively easy this season though, up until S4 we pretty much only ever played the same 2-3 teams over and over again – often turned down by teams because “too good”.

Either way, the skill of HL in Europe is finally rising and it’s definately more competitve than ever. That’s good, although it has taken long – around S3 we did consider quitting for a while simply because the format was a bore. We could’ve most likely taken the apporoach of PG and only show up for officials and still win, sadly.

this is evil evil

I like the change, and it’s quite evident that the top level highlander teams has evolved quite a lot over the past year. As someone previously stated, the “proper” highlander teams is now starting to take over highlander. The way it should be. This is coming from someone who chooses to spend 4 nights each week on playing highlander.
I also think that this will serve as a warning for other higher level 6’s team, should they decide to form a HL-team to compete at the highest HL levels. They actually need to practice to keep up, or there is a big chance they will just get shat on and drop mid-season because they are getting rekt.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Fuxx

*random bs*

…that deserve to occupy the seats at the highest divisions, not half of the teams that have until so far dominated the scene. On that note, why would you even let a team be in prem when they openly state that they only play officials? WHY?!

So if a team with loads of prem 6v6 players who shit on all your terrible DM can beat a PURE HIGHLANDER MASTER RACE TEAM, then they shouldn’t be allowed in prem..?

And because a team plays in Wireplay and UGC they should also be in prem just because of that? Well shit, sign us up.

I think 6v6 is boring as fuck these days, but if highlander is going to be DOMINATED BY THE PRO 1337 HIGHLANDER PROFESSIONALS, most of whom can’t play past 21:00 CET because they’re all 12 years old and turn up 3/4 of an hour late to every game, then this game is truly dead and I’d lose what little motivation I still had left.

Last edited by beach,

this is evil evil

Quoted from beach

[…]

So if a team with loads of prem 6v6 players who shit on all your terrible DM can beat a PURE HIGHLANDER MASTER RACE TEAM, then they shouldn’t be allowed in prem..?

And because a team plays in Wireplay and UGC they should also be in prem just because of that? Well shit, sign us up.

I think 6v6 is boring as fuck these days, but if highlander is going to be DOMINATED BY THE PRO 1337 HIGHLANDER PROFESSIONALS, most of whom can’t play past 21:00 CET because they’re all 12 years old and turn up 3/4 of an hour late to every game, then this game is truly dead and I’d lose what little motivation I still had left.

Apart from your burthurt-ness and that you seem very immature, I need to point out that a lot of people actually have school or a regular job in the weekdays, hence playing after 21:00 CET is counter-productive when it comes to your sleep pattern :)
With that said, I can certainly agree with your notion about people being late all to often, but I believe that is to be expected when 18 players has to be in the same place at the same time.

unu

Guys, guys, guys.

This isn’t LAWL NICE DIVS.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 Next »