Forum

WHO WILL DIVS? Highlander Edition

Created 26th October 2013 @ 19:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 Next »

yak

DUBSTEP
Gungaginga

This is all stupid

You’re put in a div because you’re that skill (or the admins think so). If people drop from a div because they “can’t compete” at the level then so be it, but there are also other reasons people drop, but that’s not the point. People may not want to play a game/gamemode anymore due to whatever reason.

Who cares if people are highlander or 6v6 focused, play what you enjoy + just shoot stuff with your mates at whatever skill level you were put into

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from this is evil evil

[…]

Apart from your burthurt-ness and that you seem very immature, I need to point out that a lot of people actually have school or a regular job in the weekdays, hence playing after 21:00 CET is counter-productive when it comes to your sleep pattern :)
With that said, I can certainly agree with your notion about people being late all to often, but I believe that is to be expected when 18 players has to be in the same place at the same time.

I dunno what burthurt-ness is, but if you meant butthurt, I’m not sure where you got that notion from.

Playing after 21:00 CET is counterproductive to a someone’s sleep pattern? 9pm? Really?

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from this is evil evil

[…]

Apart from your burthurt-ness and that you seem very immature, I need to point out that a lot of people actually have school or a regular job in the weekdays, hence playing after 21:00 CET is counter-productive when it comes to your sleep pattern :)
With that said, I can certainly agree with your notion about people being late all to often, but I believe that is to be expected when 18 players has to be in the same place at the same time.

But playing after 21:00CET has been the standard for years?? How old are these guys, 6?

And I get it, more players. Still a little discipline doesn’t hurt anyone. Nobody likes waiting 20+ mins for a game. Complacency means no change.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from beach

Christ, the stuck up shitty attitude of ‘proper’ highlander teams makes me want to see them lose even more. I recall at i46 a certain team saying that they’d beat us easily because ‘we were 6v6 players’ and lost shortly after (let’s not say what happened next shall we Trane <3 )…

And the retarded elitism continues, grow up kids.

The “proper” HL teams/players making an issue of this aren’t playing at a High level, the people at/near the top don’t see some sort of “elitism” angle or community divide, they just play and practise and get their rewards.

this is evil evil

Quoted from beach

[…]

I dunno what burthurt-ness is, but if you meant butthurt, I’m not sure where you got that notion from.

Playing after 21:00 CET is counterproductive to a someone’s sleep pattern? 9pm? Really?

Maybe I misunderstood your post a bit. I have no problem starting a match around 21:00 CET, that’s fine. But that’s the latest for me, because then I would be (hopefully) done around 22:00 CET. Starting to play, say around 22CET it would just be too late to play, since yes, I (Like many others) have work in the morning like normal people do. And to be awesome at work, you need to get your sleep man :P

Also, Would like to mention that the Eastern European teams would have a hard time playing at 21:00 CET, because of timezones.

Last edited by this is evil evil,

quell

UbeR |

dropping wouldve been less of an issue if it happened earlier.. as it stands PG played 1 game and OnePunchLine played 2 (whereas teams this week are supposed to have played their 5th game!)

no wonder some people feel cheated out of a spot. or just frustrated because it means one less official to play. lets all be glad the divs got bigger so it’s less of an issue:)

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from beach

[…]

So if a team with loads of prem 6v6 players who shit on all your terrible DM can beat a PURE HIGHLANDER MASTER RACE TEAM, then they shouldn’t be allowed in prem..?

Who said that?

All I have heard, is people being happy about highlander finally starting to find itself in europe as a proper gamemode, instead of just being a DM-clusterfuck-fest.

Sure, the better teams should be in the higher divisions, but all we have been saying is, that the better teams, are now those who put an effort into it.

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

http://youtu.be/PIb6AZdTr-A?t=2m

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Who said that?

All I have heard, is people being happy about highlander finally starting to find itself in europe as a proper gamemode, instead of just being a DM-clusterfuck-fest.

Sure, the better teams should be in the higher divisions, but all we have been saying is, that the better teams, are now those who put an effort into it.

It’s getting better, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. You can still put up teams of random top 6v6 players and still be competitive up to div 1. And I’m talking about a team that puts up pretty much random line-ups every official and never practises. Prem is getting better but div 1 is still fairly easy to stay competitive in solely on DM and some basic strats

Zimmer

To be fair, I think some of the div 1 teams would perform better than some prem teams atm.

this is evil evil

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

It’s getting better, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. You can still put up teams of random top 6v6 players and still be competitive up to div 1. And I’m talking about a team that puts up pretty much random line-ups every official and never practises. Prem is getting better but div 1 is still fairly easy to stay competitive in solely on DM and some basic strats

Agreed. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, and think that no 6’s teams can’t handle Prem/d1. If they just applied themselves to highlander just a little, like SNSD do for instance, it shouldn’t be a problem for them.

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

It’s getting better, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. You can still put up teams of random top 6v6 players and still be competitive up to div 1. And I’m talking about a team that puts up pretty much random line-ups every official and never practises.

Why is this so important? we’re not going anywhere with this discussion, people who deny this statement you’re giving are stupid, but why do people keep taking it up to discussion?

Last edited by Tuto,

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from beach

[…]

Because everyone lives in the same timezone, right?

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Toba

[…]

Because everyone lives in the same timezone, right?

Except Russians who are like 10000 hours ahead of everyone else so have to play at lunchtime, most people are in either GMT or CET who I’ve spoken to / played against.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from beach

[…]

Except Russians who are like 10000 hours ahead of everyone else so have to play at lunchtime, most people are in either GMT or CET who I’ve spoken to / played against.

Finnish and Lithuanian players in particular make up a rather sizable portion of the ETF2L community, along with certain other Eastern European minorities. Not to mention many Russians, or at least Russians by extension (Belarusians and Ukrainians) are just one hour ahead as well.

Last edited by Freakie,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 Next »