Forum

WHO WILL DIVS? Highlander Edition

Created 26th October 2013 @ 19:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 19 Next »

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

You’re making it sound like they sign up and drop every season…

Parrot Gapers played 4 seasons and drop in their 5th and you’re giving them shit
OnePunchline played S3+S4 and drop in S5, and you’re giving them shit.
Legolas have played every single season without dropping.

Why do you think these teams are more likely to drop more than any other regular ‘hl’ team? Most hl teams don’t make it as long as any of those 3 teams.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Permzilla

Parrot Gapers played 4 seasons and drop in their 5th and you’re giving them shit

Why do you think these teams are more likely to drop more than any other regular ‘hl’ team? Most hl teams don’t make it as long as any of those 3 teams.

Not giving them shit for dropping, we are just glad to see that true highlander teams are starting to take over

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Permzilla

The reasons I heard PG dropped were because a lot of the old lineup stopped playing, they were replaced by “HL” players, or really Portuguese people and the ones who used to play before don’t think it is the same experience whilst the newer people obviously aren’t proving adequate enough replacements (hence their bad results and subsequent dropping).

Basically it applies for every team in the history of TF2 – If it ain’t fun and it becomes a chore, don’t play. So the statement “HL teams beat you > Drop” doesn’t really apply – It is an atmosphere issue. It helps to know the actual circumstances behind it.

Plus I haven’t seen DA!, SNSD or Legolas drop or even show signs of dropping yet…

Asaaj

If they don’t want to continue, don’t let them continue simple as that, if the atmosphere ain’t right there’s no point in playing.

Sure it’s a bummer for the other potential teams that could’ve had a shot at a higher division but you’ll get there eventually so chill.

Enders Flame

Perhaps i’m too quick too label teams, but I’d still prefer it if teams played all their matches in a season once they’ve signed up.

droso

o/

“True” HL teams?
Why is this even some kind of concept for you guys? sigh

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

This thread is hilarious xD

vani

Bully

I wanted to play but the rest didnt ;_;

I think

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from droso

“True” HL teams?

It’s a concept to players who only play HL or play both formats but originated from HL.

By this argument though, SNSD are a HL team as they originated from HL though only one of their original lineups remain. According to this logic, my team should be a “6’s team” though 7/9 of our lineup came from HL (afaik), as leader and creator I myself first played 6v6 and generally enjoy the format more (I just prefer playing with Highlander players).

I think most the resentment comes from the fact 6v6 players can not practise and still be better than everyone, as was the case for 4 seasons but now you see a new generation of teams at the top and even in Division 1 there are some strong sides that will come back in future seasons. So finally after 3+ years of EU HL, we’re finally seeing the scene make progress in skill, which is great.

But yes it is a silly concept. But any resentment to the fact Parrot Gapers folded is silly, even if they are weaker than before, they earned their spot in Prem last season. Next season if they wanted to reform, they would more than likely be in Div 1.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from droso

“True” HL teams?

Because it’s nice to see people who actually put effort into the strategies of highlander winning

droso

o/

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Because it’s nice to see people who actually put effort into the strategies of highlander winning

lol ok.
You could make the opposite argument though : it’s really sad to see people without any kind of skill winning (not that I think the new prem teams are bad, it’s for the sake of the argument).

The only thing that matters is that the best team wins. PG were better than these teams for 4 seasons but now they’ve finally catched up.
It doesn’t make PG any less of a team because they didn’t practise or was made of 6v6 players.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Jäitä hattuun perkele!

Fuxx

REMOVE

ITT 6v6 tears

And I started in 6v6.

This season is evidence that the Highlander “meta” was beyond being mastered, let alone perfected, and the reason for this is not because Highlander has seriously existed for a shorter time than 6v6, but more so because the scene was dominated by random 6v6 professionals (some with a superiority complex, others who just wanna have fun) deciding to rely solely on their DM skills. Killswitch, Sookie Doing Work, Itsallgood, Chess, Stacked and so on are all formidable teams that are not only interested in Highlander but also have, are and will continue to invest towards the Highlander scene.

The “purging”, if you will, of the unskilled teams are a necessary revolution to allow for the Highlander to finally become a respected and serious (see: not monopolized by 6v6 prems that don’t actually give two shits about it) mode of competitive TF2. Sure it doesn’t seem so serious right now because of the attitudes shown in this thread, but do understand that it is this process that will finally shine light to those who deserve recognition, and if there’s anyone who deserves it, it’s the people who work towards improving themselves, it’s the people who scrim often, the people who compete in other leagues (UGC and wireplay being obvious example) that deserve to occupy the seats at the highest divisions, not half of the teams that have until so far dominated the scene. On that note, why would you even let a team be in prem when they openly state that they only play officials? WHY?!

The “Highlander folk”, a.k.a those that are invested in the Highlander scene, not to be confused with “anti-6v6” or anything of the sort, are joyful to be witnessing this change but are also proud that they themselves are involved in it (by the way, this is perhaps the most entertaining, unpredictable and jaw dropping season I’ve witnessed so far). It is therefore that you should expect them to offer no sympathy for the structurally weak teams that never took the scene seriously to begin with.

“6v6 folk” should not take offense to their rejoice, instead the mature move is to lighten up and realize that this is no longer their territory, it is the territory of proper teams and if you want to keep your position in it then you have to fight for it, to earn it, just like the brand new Prem teams that are currently rolling everyone in their path are.

tl;dr: This is the start of Highlander gaining the respect of being it’s own professional thing with their respective superstars which, for once, aren’t composed of 6v6 prems who, in comparison, did little to earn it.

(e: grammar)

Last edited by Fuxx,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Fuxx

ITT 6v6 tears

On that note, why would you even let a team be in prem when they openly state that they only play officials? WHY?!

Because they earned their spot by coming 3rd last season. If a team signs up to the league, you assume they intend to play their matches. If they practise or not, is their own choice really.

Trane

My god, I can’t believe the level of elitism shown here from people who actually haven’t achieved anything yet. Get over yourselves.

Edit – In particular Fuxx. Just noticed your team dropped. So much ironic lols.

Last edited by Trane,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 19 Next »