Forum

EAC @ ETF2L?

Created 8th January 2012 @ 18:20

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

konr

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

only of interest how many demos have been looked in the last season by the AC Team?

Why the fuck would they count the amount of demos they look at, or tell anyone how many? It isn’t a fucking contest.

trams

-><-

Quoted from octochris

[…]

yes, it is. it promotes a false sense of security. using an it instead of an AC team is fucking stupid.

Its fucking stupid to only depend on an AC-team, in my opinion you need both, else we dont get rid of the plugin “cheats”.
And no, it doesnt promote a false sense of security, if you play on a vac secured server you stop looking for cheaters?

But we have had this discussion on the forum so many times before, the admins and many of the players dont want a AC-program, so let the cheating continue and just be happy.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from trams

[…]

Its fucking stupid to only depend on an AC-team, in my opinion you need both, else we dont get rid of the plugin “cheats”.
And no, it doesnt promote a false sense of security, if you play on a vac secured server you stop looking for cheaters?

But we have had this discussion on the forum so many times before, the admins and many of the players dont want a AC-program, so let the cheating continue and just be happy.

sad but true story :(

konr

Quoted from trams

[…]

Unless the person using the cheats is a complete fucking moron, they won’t use cheats on an anti-cheat client unless they bypass said client. It really isn’t worth giving people horrible lags, crashes and fps drops just for the absolute fucking spastics that do still try.

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from lolage

[…]

lol @ the prospect of not even 1€ per person for 1 season killing tf2…

Dividing etf2l sounds retarded, and seems like it would create so much trouble thats its not worth it. Im sure a significant number of people would straight up leave etf2l knowing only premium members get prizes/special treatment, I mean, this isnt runescape or some shit.. How about letting the prizes go to the most skilled instead of who pays premium?

Comedian

having a fee on etf2l would be the best way for wireplay to become the most played league

stvv

WUL

Quoted from Comedian

having a fee on etf2l would be the best way for wireplay to become the most played league

true.

I’d like a an anti-cheat program that is updated often, imo have it alongside a AC team – because programs can fail/miss stuff/not work properly etc.. thats when an AC admin steps in and does the manual work, and does the work if a player request to argue against the AC blah blah stuff like that. I had high hopes for wire when i started ESL and still have some hope for it, but it seems like, according to a certain someone, the people who made Wire havent updated it in yonks, and it doesnt seem like they’re going to fix the shit that is known about, which sucks.

I’d like an AC client, but i doubt we’re going to get one, the AC team do a very good job and we should appreciate their efforts in trying to keep ETF2L cheater free.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from stvv

[…]

true.

I’d like a an anti-cheat program that is updated often, imo have it alongside a AC team – because programs can fail/miss stuff/not work properly etc.. thats when an AC admin steps in and does the manual work, and does the work if a player request to argue against the AC blah blah stuff like that. I had high hopes for wire when i started ESL and still have some hope for it, but it seems like, according to a certain someone, the people who made Wire havent updated it in yonks, and it doesnt seem like they’re going to fix the shit that is known about, which sucks.

I’d like an AC client, but i doubt we’re going to get one, the AC team do a very good job and we should appreciate their efforts in trying to keep ETF2L cheater free.

the more I read this the more I think ESL wire and the nightmares because of it. I don’t think you are wrong I just think looking at all the stuff with ESL we would be in that situation again which meant the death of that league which was imo was more beneficial for the survival of tf2 than etf2l (as a competitive game).

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from dodgydogman

[…]

Dividing etf2l sounds retarded, and seems like it would create so much trouble thats its not worth it. Im sure a significant number of people would straight up leave etf2l knowing only premium members get prizes/special treatment, I mean, this isnt runescape or some shit.. How about letting the prizes go to the most skilled instead of who pays premium?

ESEA uses premium system and is doing well
ESL uses premium system and is doing well (not in TF2 coz the community is full of idiots but in CS, CS:S,SC2,…)

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

ESEA uses premium system and is doing well
ESL uses premium system and is doing well (not in TF2 coz the community is full of idiots but in CS, CS:S,SC2,…)

You’ve answered your concerns yourself.

AnAkkk

Quoted from stvv

[…]I had high hopes for wire when i started ESL and still have some hope for it, but it seems like, according to a certain someone, the people who made Wire havent updated it in yonks, and it doesnt seem like they’re going to fix the shit that is known about, which sucks.

Wire and Wire AC are two different things. Wire AC runs off Wire and Wire AC is updated a lot to detect new cheats. It is currently one of the best AntiCheats imo. It detects some of the private cheats that no other AntiCheats currently detect.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

Wire and Wire AC are two different things. Wire AC runs off Wire and Wire AC is updated a lot to detect new cheats. It is currently one of the best AntiCheats imo. It detects some of the private cheats that no other AntiCheats currently detect.

wire’s ac client has absolute fail winapi spoofing detection, make of that what you will.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

i like how all those cheat selling companys actually advertise there cheats to be undetectable by esl wire or aequitas :DDD or vac3 <- trolololol

Anticheats:
– Support Vac 3.
– Support Aequitas.
– Anti-Leak protection.

copy paste from a quite famous cheat-hp

and isnt it also true that esl wire only "supports" ring0-hacks?

AnAkkk

Quoted from octochris

[…]

wire’s ac client has absolute fail winapi spoofing detection, make of that what you will.

That what you keep saying since a few years, but so far you failed to show any PoC of that. There is nothing about that on any site either as you claim to have found it yourself. The point is that none of the currently known cheats that claim to bypass Wire really do.

Quoted from smziii

[…]

i like how all those cheat selling companys actually advertise there cheats to be undetectable by esl wire or aequitas :DDD or vac3 <- trolololol

Anticheats:
– Support Vac 3.
– Support Aequitas.
– Anti-Leak protection.

copy paste from a quite famous cheat-hp

and isnt it also true that esl wire only "supports" ring0-hacks?

VAC3 do exist and is currently used in Steam by TF2 and all Valve new games. VAC2 is still loaded as well in TF2.

Why would Wire only supports ring0 hacks? That would be stupid as there is a very low amount of hacks coded in ring0, and even, most of the time, only their loader really is.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Why does Chris not make big monies by “fixing” wire?!?!

Last edited by Koeitje,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »