Forum

EAC @ ETF2L?

Created 8th January 2012 @ 18:20

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

Яyan

Most hackers aren’t looking to be involved in any competitive side of a game, they just want to annoy people.

The current AC situation is a problem, but an AC client isn’t the way to go, actual effort by an AC team is required in the least, and even then, they need to be good at what they do, and know what to look for.

This is why we’re fucked :)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Яyan

Most hackers aren’t looking to be involved in any competitive side of a game, they just want to annoy people.

The current AC situation is a problem, but an AC client isn’t the way to go, actual effort by an AC team is required in the least, and even then, they need to be good at what they do, and know what to look for.

This is why we’re fucked :)

i’m sorry, having to constantly fight other admins to get the authority to unban a player doesn’t constitute actual effort? having to spend 30 minutes for each reported player’s demo (which, by the way, there are a lot) is not “actual effort”? are you fucking serious? it’s ungrateful, ignorant horseshit like this that makes me wonder why anyone even bothers to help out this community which would rather complain out of sheer ego and ignorance than do anything to help out themselves.

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

Quoted from octochris

[…]

i’m sorry, having to constantly fight other admins to get the authority to unban a player doesn’t constitute actual effort? having to spend 30 minutes for each reported player’s demo (which, by the way, there are a lot) is not “actual effort”? are you fucking serious? it’s ungrateful, ignorant horseshit like this that makes me wonder why anyone even bothers to help out this community which would rather complain out of sheer ego and ignorance than do anything to help out themselves.

Lol, get a life

Яyan

Quoted from octochris

[…]

I’m not talking about every admin, I’m sure you do all you can, but there is (As far as I can see) No real consensus on what does and doesn’t constitute a reason for banning, there is no pattern. Dodgy shots called by one admin could mean that another will look at that shot and see if anything is amiss.

I don’t mean to take the piss, but from the perspective of this so called community, it looks very unprofessional.

Yes there is a fuckton of workload, but that’s just the life of AC, it’s not easy. But for christs sake you have an entire community sat infront of you, some of us may want to help if we can, but applying or assisting in any way seems like a very closed process, and eventually it just turns people away from the idea, and they go ingame, get a few dodgy shots fired against them and will immedietly decide that the AC team is shit.

That’s how people work, so you have to allow input, otherwise people just see it as a group of guys sitting around doing nothing while the odd hacker runs amock. IRC doesn’t really cut it in the end, active involvement in the community should be a first for any admin team, regardless of responsibility, as many heads are always better than one, and those than can contribute, given easier path to, will.

konr

Quoted from Яyan

[…]
I’m not talking about every admin, I’m sure you do all you can, but there is (As far as I can see) No real consensus on what does and doesn’t constitute a reason for banning, there is no pattern. Dodgy shots called by one admin could mean that another will look at that shot and see if anything is amiss.

I don’t mean to take the piss, but from the perspective of this so called community, it looks very unprofessional.

Yes there is a fuckton of workload, but that’s just the life of AC, it’s not easy. But for christs sake you have an entire community sat infront of you, some of us may want to help if we can, but applying or assisting in any way seems like a very closed process, and eventually it just turns people away from the idea, and they go ingame, get a few dodgy shots fired against them and will immedietly decide that the AC team is shit.

That’s how people work, so you have to allow input, otherwise people just see it as a group of guys sitting around doing nothing while the odd hacker runs amock. IRC doesn’t really cut it in the end, active involvement in the community should be a first for any admin team, regardless of responsibility, as many heads are always better than one, and those than can contribute, given easier path to, will.

prepare your anus

Яyan

Quoted from konr

[…]prepare your anus

prepare your anus

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Яyan

Most hackers aren’t looking to be involved in any competitive side of a game, they just want to annoy people

hackers who want to annoy ppl are running around on public with super obv. aimbots and speedhack so everyone can see lulz he is hackng.
but if someone is hacking in comp he will do it in a way that no one will notice -,,-

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

why not?
split it up in free etf2l (fun) and premium etf2l (with AC and prizes for winning the div)

prem will cost 5€ per team/season

If someone made a hat to go along with this ETF2L would actually make a fortune…
Fuck, you could charge €5 a person ^___^

Apparently ESL’s WildCard had worked on some similar deal with Valve before he went AFK… or so a little bird told me.

konr

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

hackers who want to annoy ppl are running around on public with super obv. aimbots and speedhack so everyone can see lulz he is hackng.
but if someone is hacking in comp he will do it in a way that no one will notice -,,-

To be honest an AC team will always be better. Especially in a situation like ours. Anyone that’s going to cause any large upset will get into high divisions, and if they’re hacking people will be speccing them ALL the time due to them being casted and such like, so eventually unless they’re hacking for almost no reason at all, they’ll be noticed or reported for hacking. That will then lead to demos being watched by the AC team and incidentally a ban.

luzik

Suoli
moog

Quoted from konr

[…]To be honest an AC team will always be better. Especially in a situation like ours. Anyone that’s going to cause any large upset will get into high divisions, and if they’re hacking people will be speccing them ALL the time due to them being casted and such like, so eventually unless they’re hacking for almost no reason at all, they’ll be noticed or reported for hacking. That will then lead to demos being watched by the AC team and incidentally a ban.

and takes what 2 seasons?

m4risa

no ac client/plugins please

konr

Quoted from luzik

[…]
and takes what 2 seasons?

Yes, because no one watches anyone in high divs at all until the end of two seasons!
EDIT:
Another reason is that an AC client makes everyone have a false sense of security as Chris said, which leads to people thinking that there can’t be hackers, so they don’t report people when they’re dodgy. It’s possible to emulate the shit that an AC client checks for, and in some cases for much worse AC clients completely circumvent the checks it makes without even having to emulate anything. My point is that an AC client won’t stop hackers, and will mostly cause problems for people rather than fix things for them.

Last edited by konr,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from octochris

[…]

I really agree with Chris on this. I have no clue how the AC team is functioning, so I cannot comment on the effort they put in. As far as I can tell, they are doing a good job. And I trust Chris knows what he is doing. So I would suggest people to lay off the AC team and refrain from ignorant replies here on the forum, because you are really demotivating people that put alot of pride and effort into keeping this league running.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Яyan

[…]blabla

Of course this is a closed process. And as far as I know, the reason for the ban has always been stated. And as for the evidence, I don’t think it’s a good idea to disclose evidence with the statement. The huge amount of discussions concerning those bans will only hurt the community, with hundreds of “so called AC experts” commenting on that piece of evidence. But again, I never reported someone yet, so I don’t know the ropes when it comes to this :)

As for the people who get fired at by dodgy shots: They know they can report someone and they can request a demo. So I don’t see a problem there. Unless they love to whine.

Last edited by Andee,

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

only of interest how many demos have been looked in the last season by the AC Team?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »