Don't ban the original next season please

Created 4th August 2011 @ 23:03

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 Next »

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

What’s the functional difference between the RL and the Original. What makes it behave any differently. What about shifting the viewmodel to the center makes it so wildly different from the simple option of shifting your viewmodel to the left?

Shifting your viewmodel to the left means you shoot from the left, as opposed to the original right viewmodel making you shoot from the right. Does that mean that is a different weapon?

Its shooting from a completely different angle, so yes it does make it different from shooting from the left or right. And yes, it is a completely different weapon because of the points raised.

Why do you refuse to realise and understand that it is different? Weren’t you also one of those who had no interest in anything but vanilla? Also sure you made a pretty big impression because of it.

Stop being so delusional and make your mind up as to what you actually want.

Ghostface

spire

It wouldn’t matter if the fish is centered, Bill, because the fish does not shoot projectiles, while The Original and The Rocket Launcher shoot projectiles.

Do I have to further elaborate by translating it into Dutch so that you may understand what I am saying or did you understand what I am saying?

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

Its shooting from a completely different angle, so yes it does make it different from shooting from the left or right. And yes, it is a completely different weapon because of the points raised.

Why do you refuse to realise and understand that it is different? Weren’t you also one of those who had no interest in anything but vanilla? Also sure you made a pretty big impression because of it.

Those who’ve actually spoken with me indepth about it know I never wanted purely vanilla, but since it’s either/or for almost everybody (Either vanilla + medlocks only or as many unlocks as possible) I’m picking vanilla + medlocks each time. Do know me and my opinions before commenting on them please.

So by your logic, shooting from the center also makes it a completely different weapon, right? Since it shoots from a completely different angle. Thus vanilla would not include leftsided viewmodels. The Original is as different as a leftsided viewmodel is. That’s it.

Quoted from Ghostface

It wouldn’t matter if the fish is centered, Bill, because the fish does not shoot projectiles, while The Original and The Rocket Launcher shoot projectiles.

Do I have to further elaborate by translating it into Dutch so that you may understand what I am saying or did you understand what I am saying?

Still missing the point.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

How is wanting the original allowed next season being delusional? lol.

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Still missing the point.

You’re doing it so hard.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from rtan

[…]

How is wanting the original allowed next season being delusional? lol.

Because apparently shooting from the center is exactly the same as shooting from right or left.

Go figure.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

Because apparently shooting from the center is exactly the same as shooting from right or left.

Go figure.

No it’s not the same, the arguement isn’t that firing from the center is the same as firing from the right/left. Everyone thats ever attempted rocketjumping could’ve pointed that out to you. The changes with this RL are only noticable by it’s user, the person firing has to adjust aim and placement for jumps when compared to the vanilla RL. For the person on the receiving end it’s no different when compared to a normal RL.

Last edited by herpderp,

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

Go figure.

Regardless, it’s a decent side grade. I doubt anyone wanting vanilla doesn’t want any new weapons in the future, IF THEY ARE SUITABLE. I don’t really get the point you are trying to make mate, Vanilla + Medlocks + Original + Equalizer xD

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

Go figure.

No, shooting from the center compared to shooting from the right is exactly the same as shooting from the left compared to shooting from the right. Rocket comes out at a different point, no other functional difference.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from howdeh

Vanilla implies that the only unlocks are Blutsauger, Kritzkrieg and Ubersaw, so yes, it doesn’t include any future items.

Wrong, vanilla implies only default unlocks. That’s why it is generally referred to as Vanilla AND Medlocks.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from rtan

[…]

Regardless, it’s a decent side grade. I doubt anyone wanting vanilla doesn’t want any new weapons in the future, IF THEY ARE SUITABLE. I don’t really get the point you are trying to make mate, Vanilla + Medlocks + Original + Equalizer xD

My point is, you can’t go screaming vanilla, dropping from leagues, threatening and trying to destroy something, and then completely change your mind when something comes along that you feel shouldn’t be banned.

Whatever the outcome is, I don’t care, I won’t drop or refuse to play leagues because of a rule-set, I just think its pretty pathetic the way people are going about this after the amount of palaver that happened before, during and after ETF2Ls season.

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

Wrong, vanilla implies only default unlocks. That’s why it is generally referred to as Vanilla AND Medlocks.

Whatever it implies, it certainly doesn’t include The Original.

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

No, shooting from the center compared to shooting from the right is exactly the same as shooting from the left compared to shooting from the right. Rocket comes out at a different point, no other functional difference.

You realise that shooting from different angles makes a difference right? Using each of them gives an advantage to one side in regards to damage because of the way you angle them, hence why people were using binds to change which model they were using in different situations.

Last edited by howdeh,

rtan

-9w-

?

Last edited by rtan,

Quoted from howdeh

[…]
[…]

You realise that shooting from different angles makes a difference right? Using each of them gives an advantage to one side in regards to damage because of the way you angle them, hence why people were using binds to change which model they were using in different situations.

You realise that that option is already in the game as leftsided viewmodel right? That as such a center viewmodel falls under vanilla as well?

And that bind got fixed days after the update.

Why should a leftsided viewmodel be allowed but a center viewmodel be banned (Taking your definition of vanilla here)?

Kortz

.:ne:.

Quoted from SteveyJJ

So no one else thinks the thing looks and sounds ugly?

I think it looks like a giant mechanical dildo tbfh lol

Meuki

fleisch!
mods.de

What do people actually think of the Original? Is it so much better/easier to aim with than the stock RL?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 Next »