Don't ban the original next season please

Created 4th August 2011 @ 23:03

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 13 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Pretty sure everybody who’s played quake will disagree with you on that :D

It doesn’t sound like the Quake Launcher.

It doesn’t have the same feel to it.

It doesn’t even look particularly like it either.

It’s just a stupid reskin that some idiots are like “OMG SO PRO IT SHOOTS FROM THE MIDDLE JUST LIKE QUAKE!!!!”.

grimbar

Quoted from Skyride

It doesn’t sound like the Quake Launcher.

It doesn’t even look particularly like it either.

Looks and sounds close enough to me. They even included the same perspective mistake that the Quake RL has (some community project provides some nice fixes for that in Quake)

Stop being so salty mate.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Darn

Meh, makes no difference, basically just a reskin. I will be playing with it no matter what the verdict is.

That’s a bit rich…

Last edited by howdeh,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Darn

Meh, makes no difference, basically just a reskin. I will be playing with it no matter what the verdict is.

LOL THE IRONY IS BURNING MY EYES! AARAHHGH!

Once you test it, it doesnt feel that different really. The sound is a little more overwhelming, so I’d count that as a disadvantage. Plus a rocket coming out of my face scared the shit out of me the first time. I’m probably going to keep using my strange rocketlauncher and getting new names for it.

djc

d2f~

Quoted from Vaskie

but like Acid said, it’s more about the Sounds, and general thought of if you allow X, Y will have to be allowed too.

We do allow X. And Y. And Z. They’re called the Blutsauger, the Kritzkrieg and the Ubersaw and people generally believe that they benefit the game in a way that is so exceedingly good that they must bypass the Vanilla rule. Why don’t we roll the alphabet over and allow A, as well, wherein “A” stands for “(the) Awesome (Original Rocket Launcher)”?

minimoose

To people who are like ‘oh the irony’; you can change the place that the normal rocket launcher shoots from, so why is this minor change so awful? Realistically, would you be complaining at all if they added an option for the normal rocket launcher to shoot from the centre?

The main advantage I can see is that rocket predictions will be consistent where-ever your opponent is positioned, the disadvantages are that you can abuse some corners so easily (vice versa for other corners though) and you have to adjust to the new positioning.

Others saying that if you introduce this unlock you have to allow others; well no you don’t, the medic unlocks are allowed because they are balanced and don’t have stupid effects on them.

I guess I am biased because I always shoot walls and stuff due to the lopsided projectile position and I didn’t even play quake.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from minimoose

To people who are like ‘oh the irony’; you can change the place that the normal rocket launcher shoots from, so why is this minor change so awful? Realistically, would you be complaining at all if they added an option for the normal rocket launcher to shoot from the centre?

How is it not irony? One second people scream vanilla, then as soon as a weapon comes out that the community like, they immediately demand its allowed.

You can also make every weapon shoot from the left/right, so I’m failing to see your point as to why because ONE weapon shoots from the center, it should immediately become vanilla+x+y+z.

And no, I and others probably wouldn’t complain, but that’s not what it is – its a completely different weapon and shoots from the center and has nothing to do with a vanilla rule set, which is what people have been screaming for.

I’m not on anyone’s side regarding unlocks, I’m just pretty pissed off at the fact that people dropped and slated ETF2L for not running vanilla, and are now completely changing direction in what they originally demanded, it really is a disgrace.

Last edited by howdeh,

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

How is it not irony? One second people scream vanilla, then as soon as a weapon comes out that the community like, they immediately demand its allowed.

You can also make every weapon shoot from the left/right, so I’m failing to see your point as to why because ONE weapon shoots from the center, it should immediately become vanilla+x+y+z.

And no, I and others probably wouldn’t complain, but that’s not what it is – its a completely different weapon and shoots from the center and has nothing to do with a vanilla rule set, which is what people have been screaming for.

I’m not on anyone’s side regarding unlocks, I’m just pretty pissed off at the fact that people dropped and slated ETF2L for not running vanilla, and are now completely changing direction in what they originally demanded, it really is a disgrace.

I think you’re making a mountain out of a molehill. As far as I know, no pro-vanilla person has ever said that no future items will ever be allowed. And of course, the people calling for the allowance of The Original seem to be under the same opinion that all weapons should have a centre-firing option anyway.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from minimoose

etc

I think you are missing the point. The point is, that if you allow such a weapon, then where do you stop? I prefer playing comp. with the standard weapons. In pubs half the time I have no clue whats hitting me, because I don’t recognise the hitsound or the enemy does more damage then I could expect, or they get some kind of healthboost so I was not able to predict the situation correctly. It becomes more of a random game that way.

If you want a fair even game, a test of skills, it’s always best to keep things minimal and basic and understandable, is my believe.

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

Do you think anybody would’ve made a fuss if Valve had implemented this as an option instead of a seperate weapon? That’s Minimoose’s whole point. This is functionally no different from the option to flip viewmodels, apart from the fact it’s Rocket Launcher only. Yet e.g. you are now saying “it’s not a vanilla weapon, thus ban it or allow all unlocks”.

Completely different weapon? Do you even have it? It’s the regular rocket launcher reskinned that shoots from the center. If the Fish had been added with a center viewmodel it would be exactly the same.

Completely changing direction? Wanting 1 more viewmodel option (center) on the rocket launcher isn’t completely different from wanting vanilla at all.

Quoted from Andee

[…]

I think you are missing the point. The point is, that if you allow such a weapon, then where do you stop? I prefer playing comp. with the standard weapons. In pubs half the time I have no clue whats hitting me, because I don’t recognise the hitsound or the enemy does more damage then I could expect, or they get some kind of healthboost so I was not able to predict the situation correctly. It becomes more of a random game that way.

If you want a fair even game, a test of skills, it’s always best to keep things minimal and basic and understandable, is my believe.

How is it comparable to an unlock? If the Rocket Launcher got the ability to center your viewmodel it would be exactly the same.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Ghostface

spire

The fish doesn’t shoot projectiles. Just sayin.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Do you think anybody would’ve made a fuss if Valve had implemented this as an option instead of a seperate weapon? That’s Minimoose’s whole point. This is functionally no different from the option to flip viewmodels, apart from the fact it’s Rocket Launcher only. Yet e.g. you are now saying “it’s not a vanilla weapon, thus ban it or allow all unlocks”.

Completely different weapon? Do you even have it? It’s the regular rocket launcher reskinned that shoots from the center. If the Fish had been added with a center viewmodel it would be exactly the same.

But the fish wasn’t, so whats your point? They also haven’t added a center option.

It shoots from the center, the normal does not, its not JUST a re-skin.

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

I think you’re making a mountain out of a molehill. As far as I know, no pro-vanilla person has ever said that no future items will ever be allowed. And of course, the people calling for the allowance of The Original seem to be under the same opinion that all weapons should have a centre-firing option anyway.

Vanilla implies that the only unlocks are Blutsauger, Kritzkrieg and Ubersaw, so yes, it doesn’t include any future items.

Last edited by howdeh,

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

But the fish wasn’t, so whats your point? They also haven’t added a center option.

It shoots from the center, the normal does not, its not a re-skin.

What’s the functional difference between the RL and the Original. What makes it behave any differently. What about shifting the viewmodel to the center makes it so wildly different from the simple option of shifting your viewmodel to the left?

Shifting your viewmodel to the left means you shoot from the left, as opposed to the original right viewmodel making you shoot from the right. Does that mean that is a different weapon?

An unlock is a different weapon entirely. Different stats, different strats, the whole shebang. The Original is a different viewmodel. Nothing else.

Quoted from Ghostface

The fish doesn’t shoot projectiles. Just sayin.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/principle

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from howdeh

Vanilla implies that the only unlocks are Blutsauger, Kritzkrieg and Ubersaw, so yes, it doesn’t include any future items.

Must be why I’ve always seen it referred to as Vanilla+Medlocks then…

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 13 Next »