Forum

How to make ETF2L happy familys again - Unlocks

Created 6th May 2011 @ 19:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

Beef

Dawson

While I appreciate the good will of the OP I don’t think it’s a good idea.

Essentially it makes vanilla the only ruleset, no one will want to play pcw’s with cinnamon rules as they have no need to know how to play it. And teams will not develop tactics around cinnamom rulesets since they can be forced to play vanilla.

If the aim is to make the transition into a purely vanilla ruleset, this is a very gentle way of doing it, better than any suggested so far even. But thats not a league I will play in.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Beef

Essentially it makes vanilla the only ruleset, no one will want to play pcw’s with cinnamon rules as they have no need to know how to play it. And teams will not develop tactics around cinnamom rulesets since they can be forced to play vanilla.

If the aim is to make the transition into a purely vanilla ruleset, this is a very gentle way of doing it, better than any suggested so far even. But thats not a league I will play in.

As i said before its not a purely vanilla ruleset, you’re division 6 and the majority of the teams in lower divisions want to play cinnamon so most of your games will more than likely been played with the cinnamon ruleset, so whats the problem? :p.

Unless you’re a super srs etf2l high div team i really doubt anyone will “enforce” vanilla on pcw’s, again espcially if you’re searching for teams of a div6 skill, they’ll just want to play games and probably dont care about unlocks.

I just don’t understand why people have such a hard time compramising ¬_¬.

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Beef

Makes no sense. The only way cinnamon is going to be phased out by this rule is if it is really that unpopular compared to vanilla. If that’s the case then why exactly should rules that support cinnamon be prioritized over compromises (ie. this thread).

Skyride

DUCS

http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-16689/page-2/?recent=301370#post-301255

So one team can force the other team to play with unlocks… REJECT

This was suggested before and rejected for reasons listed before, mainly if one team feels they can play with an advantage by making the other team use an unlock, let’s say the equalizer they will.

What you’re suggesting is what people do in PCW’s atm and has been rejected by most decent teams.

Last edited by Skyride,

kaidus

WiK?

Read it again skyride.

(unless you’re talking to beef)

TopGear

tH

Quoted from Spira

If it’s not a good idea why bother suggesting it?

because its called brainstorming. You put down ideas, good and bad. someone else might read my post and take elements from the idea and adapt it into something usable. It was an idea I had not thought of before.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Well even if this does implemented, there is still the question of whether the equaliser (and to a less extent bonk) should be included in Vanilla, cos my ideal would be vanilla with equaliser, which is not accounted for, and I also think might be a good way to go as a standard, as people have voiced that they would play that.

Spike Himself

TC

[00:59:41] <@SpikeHimself> lol @ tapley getting 4 pages of feedback for an idea ive posted at least 4 times in the last 2 months

so bitter :(

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Voting Tapley for supreme overlord of TF2

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from CrashSite

Well even if this does implemented, there is still the question of whether the equaliser (and to a less extent bonk) should be included in Vanilla, cos my ideal would be vanilla with equaliser, which is not accounted for, and I also think might be a good way to go as a standard, as people have voiced that they would play that.

Vanilla is considered by most as Vanilla+medlocks – The moment, the *moment* we consider adding anything to that we’re back at square one :p. For the love of god leave vanilla+medlocks alone – I love EQ myself, but if we open up the floodgates with EQ all we’ll get is scouts crying for bonk and heavys crying for sandvich. Its too open to conjecture and arguement to consider it – sorry for being closed minded but we could be here for months otherwise.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from kaidus

Read it again skyride.

(unless you’re talking to beef)

http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-16689/page-2/?recent=301370#post-301255

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from kaidus

Thread needs less tickus and more admin opinions. I like this idea as it takes into account that everyone enjoyed the game before unlocks but not everyone did after unlocks. Go go.

Quoted from Martn

How about, just make the whole league vanilla and then reverse the gentlemans agreement. Those checkboxes will never happen from the admin/dev side of etf2l.

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
It might happen if Spike Himself finally gets code access ;-)

Just pointing out that this is indeed something we’ve acknowledged.

Also to those saying admins never listen; trust me, we do. We just don’t always post our opinions in public until we’ve discussed things internally. And yes this is currently a hot topic within the admin team as well :)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Spike Himself

[00:59:41] <@SpikeHimself> lol @ tapley getting 4 pages of feedback for an idea ive posted at least 4 times in the last 2 months

so bitter :(

I’m not claiming this idea as my own :D its just the most logical way forward, its flustrating seeing a thread of 30 or so pages all talking about different things interspaced between random spam flame trolls and other shit – This is the best system so i thaught i’d make a post just for it :] No one has yet come up with a solid reason as to why this wont work or a better way forward – I just hope to get admins attention so they will implement this and create some productive discussion.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

[…]

[…]

Just pointing out that this is indeed something we’ve acknowledged.

Also to those saying admins never listen; trust me, we do. We just don’t always post our opinions in public until we’ve discussed things internally. And yes this is currently a hot topic within the admin team as well :)

As i’ve said to Ashkan – Communication is key – I know you guys talk alot on the admins forums and do alot of work – but if you dont communicate with your community you just get angry people, trolls and unrest. People need to atleast know you guys are working on a solution, that way there will probably be less pointless threads and “tf2 is dead” speak etc and more people willing to help.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

Makes no sense. The only way cinnamon is going to be phased out by this rule is if it is really that unpopular compared to vanilla. If that’s the case then why exactly should rules that support cinnamon be prioritized over compromises (ie. this thread).

This.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »