Forum

How to make ETF2L happy familys again - Unlocks

Created 6th May 2011 @ 19:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7

Rising

21:17

why we don’t go back to the rules from s8 and just edit them a bit :> ?

Beef

Dawson

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

As i said before its not a purely vanilla ruleset, you’re division 6 and the majority of the teams in lower divisions want to play cinnamon so most of your games will more than likely been played with the cinnamon ruleset, so whats the problem? :p.

Unless you’re a super srs etf2l high div team i really doubt anyone will “enforce” vanilla on pcw’s, again espcially if you’re searching for teams of a div6 skill, they’ll just want to play games and probably dont care about unlocks.

I just don’t understand why people have such a hard time compramising ¬_¬.

Well I don’t particularly have a hard time compromising, I just say I wouldn’t play in a vanilla league. This isn’t a threat, I’m just an average player who nobody will miss.

I wrote the above out of personal experience. A few months ago, I was maining engineer in 6v6, playing pcw’s with minisentries all around is the most fun i’ve had in competitive tf2. What happened was, my team learned to play with one less scout, the sentries locked down everything that tried to surprise us and we became good with this rollout. And suddenly every pcw we played ended with the other team rq’ing after the first midfight or the first round. nobody wanted to play us anymore, since than I’ve basically given up on comp 6v6.

So my impression is not that the majority of the lower div teams want to play cinnamom, and even if they do, if theres 2-3 teams in div 6x that choose to play vanilla, why would I, as a team in that division, develop tactics around the usage of bonk or minisentries, when I can just be defaulted out of using them? I would think the only way to success is to play vanilla too. I can be wrong of course, but all I can see this rule achieve is being a soft transition into vanilla.

And I’m not saying that would be a bad thing per se, maybe vanilla is the future of tf2. I’m only saying I wouldn’t play in this league.

ashkan

Temporarily locked for cleanup.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7