Forum

How to make ETF2L happy familys again - Unlocks

Created 6th May 2011 @ 19:16

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Basically i had a thought earlier and it may be the best suggestions yet, but feel free to shoot me down.

Make all divisions Vanilla+Med by default.

However also include an etf2l approved “Cinnamon” ruleset – Basically a set of viable unlocks and sidegrades that make tf2 more fun for the masses without including some of the shitty unlocks like ullapol caber etc.

How will this work Sir Tapley?

Well, either at the start of the season, or on each match page should be a radio box for your clan leader to tick either “Vanilla” or “Cinnamon” Then by some scripting magic when both teams have done this it should say in bold” THIS MATCH IS SCHEDULED FOR Vanilla/Cinnamon” Essentially if you want to play Vanilla tick the vanilla box if you want to play cinnamon tick Cinnamon. For teams that don’t really care they can just tick Cinnamon – Because with it being so that its Vanilla by default this “Dont care team” will then play vanilla if the other team wanted it to be so, or cinnamon if the other team wanted it to be so.

Up side?
I’d say this method gives the highest ratio of “pleasing result” to most teams as we’re likely to get.

All the teams that left would come back.

Virtually all the teams (estimated guess) that want Cinnamon are lower div teams so the chances of them playing a Vanilla game are 1 maybe 2 games a season? And these teams pretty much really don’t care about the rules unlocks *that much* as to rage quit the league if occasionally they have to play Vanilla.

Down Sides?

Theres still no “one rule set to rule them” as we’re playing with 2 rulesets in a league – Maybe this isn’t a bad point, because ETF2L really wants to push a good well thought out Cinnamon rule set – they still get to have their cake and eat it also high div teams don’t have to par-take in this if they wish.

Discuss.

I think this is a fair compramise, it’ll unite the best league in TF2 again and i personally think keeps both partys happy. Feel free to tear me apart if i’ve made any glaring errors though. or +1 my balls off

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

dauk

Yes this was so fart the best solution for both sides.

Sketch

MM

So both teams have to agree to make it cinnamon? if 1 votes cin and on van i guess it resorts to vanilla, sounds good.

dougiie

CotC

sounds good

inb4 people still crying

Last edited by dougiie,

Taoism

sounds good

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

As usual Tappers gets it right!

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Sketch

So both teams have to agree to make it cinnamon? if 1 votes cin and on van i guess it resorts to vanilla, sounds good.

Yep – With the match voting buttons it makes it more official as well as opposed to someone posting on the match page ” Oi mates wanna play with equalizers?”.

And yeah i don’t see *too many* situations where one team wants to play cinnamon and one wants to play vanilla – But Vanilla is default so it’ll over rule – And like i say most cinnamon teams don’t care if they have to paly Vanilla once and a while ( i know our team dont)

dauk

Quoted from Matt

As usual Tappers gets it right!

Not to say tapley did a bad job, but this solution was given in one of the first unlock threads back when s9 was announced. If only people would actually read what others are saying.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

+1 sir tapley

Last edited by Swifty,

Fish

UCAP.

is a really decent idea, although i am sure there will be 20 pages of argument to come this is at least some way to a solution to benifit etf2l and comunity.

tapley for head admin!

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from dauk

[…]

Not to say tapley did a bad job, but this solution was given in one of the first unlock threads back when s9 was announced. If only people would actually read what others are saying.

Yep its an adaptation of the simple “Cinnamon gentlemans rules if wanted” idea

I thought i’d make a thread specifically for this on its own as it’ll get lost in a sea of spam otherwise and i reckon this is the way forward for ETF2L – But as i say im waiting for Admins/other peeps to try to shoot me down :>

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

LaMqTa

fenneks

sounds good

herpderp

DAKKA

Works for me. +1

randa

I said exactly the same thing a few days ago, can you read my mind you sexy man ?

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Make it default to Cinnamon tho.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »