Forum

Vanilla + medlocks (+ maps, apparently)

Created 3rd May 2011 @ 15:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 30 31 32 ... 46 Next »

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from Tehgnarr

[…]

why should it be one OR the other? I am really curious.

18 is divisible by 6. 6 isn’t too many and bazillion is still new in comparison to the other core 5.

Quoted from Tehgnarr

[…]

why should it be one OR the other? I am really curious.

What JG said. 6 maps is plenty and works out well with 18 maps to be played per season in divisions of 10 teams.

Tehgnarr

is good!

ah ok, makes sense.

still, then every map would be played 3 times. that is a little too much imo – 3 gravels in one season is overkill I think.

Last edited by Tehgnarr,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Tehgnarr

ah ok, makes sense.

still, then every map would be played 3 times. that is a little too much imo – 3 gravels in one season is overkill I think.

3 Gravels is fine, as long as it’s spread out decently so you don’t get 3 weeks in a row. Shouldn’t be too hard.

TviQ

ft.

We Need moar Koth Maps idc about Cinamon nor vanilla i like both :) BUT I ALL I WANT IS KOOOTTHH :)

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Badlands
Granary
Gullywash
Gravelpit
Turbine
Bazillion OR snakewater

Snakewater’s preferred due to it being in ESL as well. Uniformity makes it easier.

cp_well ffs

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Badlands
Gullywash
Gravelpit
Turbine
Bazillion or Grack or the new Obscure when it comes out.

5 maps = enough

And yes no granary. Same for snakewater… don’t get what is good about that map. Mid is absolutely dreadful to play as medic, shaping it like a hill and putting lots of height advantage above and around the cap without giving the med any chance of rolling out top. Second is not fun to push or defend.

A different idea is to remove everything non 5-cp altogether:
Badlands
Gullywash
Bazillion
Grack?
Obscure?

And leave gpit and turbine for a different league or seperate cups. I think the ctf and a/d gamemodes just differ too much from 5cp and they bring the matches out of balance (even though I love those maps, don’t get me wrong!). There could be a way of balancing it, like putting gpit in every match, and making every match 3 maps, which would force the timelimit for each map to 20min otherwise wars take too long etc etc, ok I’ll stop here with my stupid crazy ideas.

Last edited by skeej,

Hat

Quoted from Arnold

[…]

According to the fixtures you didn’t even have to play bazillion… what are you on about? I’d rather listen to those that were willing to give the map a chance and played it to the best of their abbilities against a team that did the same. Anyway, if you could just say why you find it so terrible i’d love to hear about it.

ive played it a lot on (i think) all iterations of it

my main problem is the last point is just so … big, way too many rooms/entrances/exits on last

also i think that it was much better when the there was still an underground bit on mid

and ive also played officials on it / merced for prem teams

Last edited by Hat,

dauk

Quoted from skeej

Badlands
Gullywash
Gravelpit
Turbine
Bazillion or Grack or the new Obscure when it comes out.

5 maps = enough

And yes no granary. Same for snakewater… don’t get what is good about that map. Mid is absolutely dreadful to play as medic, shaping it like a hill and putting lots of height advantage above and around the cap without giving the med any chance of rolling out top. Second is not fun to push or defend.

A different idea is to remove everything non 5-cp altogether:
Badlands
Gullywash
Bazillion
Grack?
Obscure?

And leave gpit and turbine for a different league or seperate cups. I think the ctf and a/d gamemodes just differ too much from 5cp and they bring the matches out of balance (even though I love those maps, don’t get me wrong!). There could be a way of balancing it, like putting gpit in every match, and making every match 3 maps, which would force the timelimit for each map to 20min otherwise wars take too long etc etc, ok I’ll stop here with my stupid crazy ideas.

I apologize fort him he hit his head hard recently.

Last edited by dauk,

rytis

PrettyGay

GRACK GO GO GO

Arnold

DAKKA

Quoted from Hat

[…]

ive played it a lot on (i think) all iterations of it

my main problem is the last point is just so … big, way too many rooms/entrances/exits on last

also i think that it was much better when the there was still an underground bit on mid

and ive also played officials on it / merced for prem teams

size of last is between granary and badlands, there are 4 entrances to last, with 3 routes as far as numbers go it’s not different from any other cp map. The bottom mid was removed because i made the top level of mid more accessible and it wasn’t a really interesting gameplay area.

dauk

Everyone who didin’t like last on baz should be silent since it is changed now. I was about to write a big wall about how hard to push last but it seems that new version should fix that.

Angel

cp_badlands
cp_granary
cp_well
cp_gravelpit
ctf_turbine (old version, but 10 min time limit)
cp_bazillion

vanilla+medlocks

Stranger

2stronk

vanilla + medlocks

cp_badlands
cp_granary (with slight improvements)
cp_gullywash_pro
cp_bazillion_rc3
cp_snakewater_rc3
cp_gravelpit
ctf_turbine_pro

tbh i’d cut granary. None of the other maps have that lame 2 entrance yard wich usually takes forever to push out.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Insert wall-o-truth text here.

And problem solved, TF2 is united again. Yay!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 30 31 32 ... 46 Next »