Forum

Vanilla + medlocks (+ maps, apparently)

Created 3rd May 2011 @ 15:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 ... 46 Next »

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from Spike Himself

Have any of you noticed this thread isn’t about maps at all?

but it is…kinda. the unlock debate goes hand in hand with the mappool debate. it’s more of a thread about s10 than a thread only about unlocks =)

Spike Himself

TC

So be it.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Let’s talk about maps, baby! Let’s talk about you and me!

jgmaster

BM

Badlands, granary, gullywash, gravelpit, turbine + 1 new map (baz/snake/grack)

Rising

21:17

snake :-*

konr

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

No one has anything against new maps, but there needs to be variation beyond CP_YETANOTHER5CPMAPWITHADIFFERENTSCENICBACKDROP. The most fun I had this season was with ctf_turbine_pro_rc1 and cp_gravelpit. I’d rather cut 3 cp maps from the pool and add 1 koth map than to get yet another 5cp map that isn’t all that different in it’s pacing and chokes than the other ones we have at the moment.

DIS

M24_

Quoted from jgmaster

+1

edit – also vanilla+med+ new beta equalizer that only has speed boost.

Last edited by M24_,

ashkan

Quoted from Skyride

Ashkan I don’t know why you comment on this debate. You have never played 6v6, and have stated on several occasions that you have no interest in ever playing it. Why do you think you are entitled to any say in what happens?

I don’t. That’s why I have never commented on any specific maps or unlocks, neither in public nor in private. I didn’t share any thoughts before s9 simply because I was brought on for the sake of Highlander (which we will also announce a few things about in a couple of weeks or so).

I read all the discussions on the ETF2L forums, both public and private, on VanillaTF2, Cadred, admin IRC etc. Therefore, the only things I comment on are general stuff based on feedback, that have nothing to do with having played a certain map 500 times, in the same way that you commented on highlander a long time ago.

I had a nice chat with Tapley a few weeks ago, where he stressed the importance of assuring the community that the admins are constantly considering feedback and working on improvements. He convinced me that it would be good to be more clear on that, through news posts and the forum. If you have a look at the latest news post and my latest forum posts, you will see that this is what I and the others have focused on. I’m not going to help close communication between admins and players, simply because some random, arrogant 6v6 players think I’m clueless in the subjects I discuss.

I really think you should consider these things before quickly jumping on the you-don’t-know-what-you’re-talking-about train.

And remember: I do play 6v6. Just not on a regular basis (due to studies and trying to improve this league). I don’t think I’ve ever (seriously) stated that I don’t want to play 6v6, so I don’t know where you got that from. I have joked about highlander being so much better than 6v6, and the future of competitive TF2, but I’m sure you understand that I wasn’t being serious.

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from jgmaster

this looks good, but baz isn’t new anymore, so maybe:

Badlands, granary, gullywash, gravelpit, turbine, bazillion + 1 new map (snake/grack)

Probably won’t play next season if turbine is in it, or if my team want to play ill just sit out. Not childish, just there’s no point playing it if you hate it as much as I do haha

Badlands
Granary
Gullywash
Gravelpit
Turbine
Bazillion OR snakewater

Snakewater’s preferred due to it being in ESL as well. Uniformity makes it easier.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

electro

Got Milk?

s10 yank rules

Arnold

DAKKA

Quoted from Hat

[…]

i’ll help you out

bazillion is terrible (but i love gullywash, sorry arnold)

99% of the unlocks are fucking retarded and should never be allowed into any official game aside from medlocks

admins sticking to their guns and not enforcing vanilla + a good map pool turned out great!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/premlol.jpg

spoilers: it didn’t

but whatever, us prem guys are arrogant idiots

According to the fixtures you didn’t even have to play bazillion… what are you on about? I’d rather listen to those that were willing to give the map a chance and played it to the best of their abbilities against a team that did the same. Anyway, if you could just say why you find it so terrible i’d love to hear about it.

Ghent

Team

Quoted from electro

s10 yank rules

I want to believe.

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Badlands
Granary
Gullywash
Gravelpit
Turbine
Bazillion OR snakewater

Snakewater’s preferred due to it being in ESL as well. Uniformity makes it easier.

why should it be one OR the other? I am really curious.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 ... 46 Next »