Forum

Vanilla + medlocks (+ maps, apparently)

Created 3rd May 2011 @ 15:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 28 29 30 ... 46 Next »

kuma

Personally, I want to play mostly the same maps as it takes a very long time to develop a solid strategy on 5cp due to how big they are (and even then new strategies are arising frequently on granlands). One example is the recent change on granary, adding the 2nd entrance to the garage in yard, which completely changed how the mid point is played. You don’t need a completely new map to change things, it’s enough to keep tweaking what we have and improving them further.

I hope they are mostly kept the same, with maybe 1 experimental map per season. If it’s good, it can be put in the staple map pool for the next season.

On the topic of unlocks, ideally the good ones will be tested and implemented in. Practically I believe it’s way too hard to do this though. So let’s just play TF2 the way most people want/are willing to compromise on and move on from this issue, it’s gone on far too long.

Last edited by kuma,

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

No one has anything against new maps, but there needs to be variation beyond CP_YETANOTHER5CPMAPWITHADIFFERENTSCENICBACKDROP. The most fun I had this season was with ctf_turbine_pro_rc1 and cp_gravelpit. I’d rather cut 3 cp maps from the pool and add 1 koth map than to get yet another 5cp map that isn’t all that different in it’s pacing and chokes than the other ones we have at the moment.

I pointed out the new elements in bazillion, which make the map more than CP_YETANOTHER5CPMAPWITHADIFFERENTSCENICBACKDROP.

5 CP maps are the backbone of tf2, but there is stil plenty of room for innovation.

Quoted from kuma

Personally, I want to play mostly the same maps as it takes a very long time to develop a solid strategy on 5cp due to how big they are (and even then new strategies are arising frequently on granlands). One example is the recent change on granary, adding the 2nd entrance to the garage in yard, which completely changed how the mid point is played. You don’t need a completely new map to change things, it’s enough to keep tweaking what we have and improving them further.

I hope they are mostly kept the same, with maybe 1 experimental map per season. If it’s good, it can be put in the staple map pool for the next season.

yes, I concur. And I really hope for bazillion to make it in the mappool next season.

Last edited by Tehgnarr,

Hat

counterstrike has been using the same maps in both online and offline tournaments for roughly 7 years

and it is still the most popular online fps in the world

ashkan

Quoted from Hat

counterstrike has been using the same maps in both online and offline tournaments for roughly 7 years

and it is still the most popular online fps in the world

You’re right. We should go back to what we had 3 years ago. Everyone knows I love 2fort.
Or we work on it until we have a great pool of 5 maps. I agree with what kuma and a lot of others have said.

Hat

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

You’re right. We should go back to what we had 3 years ago. Everyone knows I love 2fort.
Or we work on it until we have a great pool of 5 maps. I agree with what kuma and a lot of others have said.

when did i mention 2fort?

we already had a good map pool in place last season if i remember right – barring freight

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

+1 kuma

antyjc

2ne1

HAT BEAT ME TO IT NEVERMIND

Last edited by antyjc,

Hat

Quoted from antyjc

HAT BEAT ME TO IT NEVERMIND

oh u

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Quoted from kuma

Let’s just play TF2 the way most people want/are willing to compromise on and move on from this issue, it’s gone on far too long.

Please, this, lock us down a map and unlock pool and let’s roll, if something -amazing- appears we can revise it at the time, if there’s huge community support

ez

ashkan

Quoted from Hat

[…]

when did i mention 2fort?

we already had a good map pool in place last season if i remember right – barring freight

You’re saying we shouldn’t change things people complain about and want to switch out, which is where we are still at today. You wouldn’t say Obscure is top 5 all-time, would you? Nor is Freight. Both were in s8.

We’re getting closer thanks to new, good candidates being introduced, and hopefully a map like Bazillion or Snakewater will finalize the map pool (although I bet players would start complaining about Granary then :p). Or maybe players want another non-5CP map, such as Turbine or Viaduct. That’s something we will try to figure out for s10 and s11, by means which will be decided on and announced soon.

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from Hat

[…]

obscure.

edit: oh, nvm. already mentioned.

Last edited by Tehgnarr,

Skyride

DUCS

Who says we need to have a locked “official map pool” anyway? Badlands and granary are always going to be staple maps of this game, Gullywash is very quickly approaching that point too, but I don’t see why we can’t just have a look each season and go “right, well what maps do we want this season”?

Also I think you’ll find that given the choice, Most people would rather play Obscure or Freight over Bazillion.

Ashkan I don’t know why you comment on this debate. You have never played 6v6, and have stated on several occasions that you have no interest in ever playing it. Why do you think you are entitled to any say in what happens?

dauk

Quoted from Skyride

Also I think you’ll find that given the choice, Most people would rather play Obscure or Freight over Bazillion.

Happens with all maps in the beginning. I would rather play new version of baz then fastlane with snow.

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from Skyride

that makes me sad =( probably it’s true though. but still, baz is a great map and should be included in s10.

Spike Himself

TC

Have any of you noticed this thread isn’t about maps at all?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 28 29 30 ... 46 Next »