Forum

Vanilla + medlocks (+ maps, apparently)

Created 3rd May 2011 @ 15:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 ... 46 Next »

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Obviously that statistic is heavily biased towards right wing icecream consumers.

He’s just mad cos I broke his jaw and all he can eat is ice cream…

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from Hat

[…]

i’ll help you out

bazillion is terrible (but i love gullywash, sorry arnold)

99% of the unlocks are fucking retarded and should never be allowed into any official game aside from medlocks

admins sticking to their guns and not enforcing vanilla + a good map pool turned out great!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/premlol.jpg

spoilers: it didn’t

but whatever, us prem guys are arrogant idiots

I like bazillion, cause it makes tf2 different, but hey, go play granlands for 431209483170948st time, have fun, eat a cockie (yes, “a cockie”).

99%, eh? I don’t think that number is accurate, cause it would also include the medlocks (math, duuuurrrr)

admins sticking to their guns and not enforcing the shit you want turned out great for me – I had a lot of fun playing this season. And I will have a lot of fun in s10 be it vanilla or not. You on the other hand seem a little bitter. Go eat another cockie (yes, “a cockie”).

But yeah, your post only proved my point about arrogant prem idiots. Thanks, mate.

Last edited by Tehgnarr,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Tehgnarr

[…]

I like bazillion, cause it makes tf2 different, but hey, go play granlands for 431209483170948st time, have fun, eat a cockie (yes, “a cockie”).

How does it make TF2 Different? It’s a 5 CP map, they all play the same way although map design can affect pacing of the game and where the action is focused most. But outside of that it’s a 5 CP map it isn’t that radically different from any other 5 CP map.

Hat

Quoted from Tehgnarr

[…]

99%, eh? I don’t think that number is accurate, cause it would also include the medlocks (math, duuuurrrr)

admins sticking to their guns and not enforcing the shit you want turned out great for me – I had a lot of fun playing this season. And I will have a lot of fun in s10 be it vanilla or not. You on the other hand seem a little bitter. Go eat another cockie (yes, “a cockie”).

But yeah, your post only proved my point about arrogant prem idiots. Thanks, mate.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/premlol.jpg

lol

Tornf4lk

cc//

I like how teghnar or whatever his name is, is the only “low div” I have yet to see stating that he wants unlocks. Yet admins keep saying “oh, but the majority of the pubbers and low divs want unlocks hurr durr.” How do you even know? I know a shitload of people that don’t wan’t unlocks in the lower divisions, yet I’ve actually not heard of them being asked about it and neither have I. where does this information come from if it excludes the pro vanilla lowdivs?

Last edited by Tornf4lk,

kuma

If you want different, go play a different game. TF2 is fine as it is.

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

How does it make TF2 Different? It’s a 5 CP map, they all play the same way although map design can affect pacing of the game and where the action is focused most. But outside of that it’s a 5 CP map it isn’t that radically different from any other 5 CP map.

yes, it is a 5 CP map, but in introduced some very interesting and new elements to the game, like the two pronged mid-cappoint, or the last cappoint actively encouraging forward defense (not camping the point itself, but trying to hold the entrances to the compound – it actually was designed this way, arnold said so himself).

and while I agree, that teams had little time before the season to practice it, it was moved to week 8, so everybody had enough time to figure out the tactics on this map.

Quoted from Tornf4lk

I like how teghnar or whatever his name is, is the only “low div” I have yet to see stating that he wants unlocks. Yet admins keep saying “oh, but the majority of the pubbers and low divs want unlocks hurr durr.” How do you even know? I know a shitload of people that don’t wan’t unlocks in the lower divisions, yet I’ve actually not heard of them being asked about it and neither have I. where does this information come from if it excludes the pro vanilla lowdivs?

Monkeh and Tikcus have stated that they like unlocks, other than that I agree.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Monkeh and Tikcus have stated that they like unlocks, other than that I agree.

oh, sorry. Must’ve missed their posts D:

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Tornf4lk

Vanilla is the way forward for comp TF2 – But i’m lower division and i’d prefer Unlocks to be allowed, as would the rest of my team. Many lower div teams want unlocks but cba to post on here because it’ll turn into a flame fest and they don’t shout as loud as the vanilla wanting people. Plus most just want to play TF2 and don’t give that much of a fuck.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Pretty sure that most lower division people are more chilled and would just roll with whatever decision. Majority would just accept it, like any other rule to do with 6v6.

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from kuma

If you want different, go play a different game. TF2 is fine as it is.

kuma, I don’t quite get it – you dont want new maps? you only want to play the same 4 maps every season?

Quoted from Tornf4lk

I dont state, that I want unlocks and despise vanilla. I am very much fine with both solutions, because both have pros and cons.

Hat:

Allow me to remind you, how this whole drama started: unlocks were ALWAYS allowed, but prem teams had an agreement not to use them. then one team came along and said: we WILL use unlocks. and then other prem team started whining. remember that?

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from Sideshow

Pretty sure that most lower division people are more chilled and would just roll with whatever decision. Majority would just accept it, like any other rule to do with 6v6.

this.

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Vanilla is the way forward for comp TF2 – But i’m lower division and i’d prefer Unlocks to be allowed, as would the rest of my team. Many lower div teams want unlocks but cba to post on here because it’ll turn into a flame fest and they don’t shout as loud as the vanilla wanting people. Plus most just want to play TF2 and don’t give that much of a fuck.

and this.

most of the lower div people don’t give a shit – I will call it “are willing to compromise”.

most of the prem people who I have seen posting on this topic are arrogant idiots, who are NOT willing to compromise, byte being one of the exceptions.

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Tornf4lk

He doesnt even say he wants it, he says he doesnt care… He had fun with cinnamon this season, and will have fun next season with whatever flavour…

In my opinion most low div-ers like myself dont really care how or what…
I for one would just like to play in a league which is open, inviting and easy to manage, which ETF2L still has going for them.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Tehgnarr

[…]

kuma, I don’t quite get it – you dont want new maps? you only want to play the same 4 maps every season?

No one has anything against new maps, but there needs to be variation beyond CP_YETANOTHER5CPMAPWITHADIFFERENTSCENICBACKDROP. The most fun I had this season was with ctf_turbine_pro_rc1 and cp_gravelpit. I’d rather cut 3 cp maps from the pool and add 1 koth map than to get yet another 5cp map that isn’t all that different in it’s pacing and chokes than the other ones we have at the moment.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 ... 46 Next »