ETF2L: The problem

Created 6th March 2011 @ 14:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 ... 31 Next »

MEGAMIDDIE

How do I shot floor..?

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Yes but it was the roamer, who will use equaliser more, who needed the buff more.

Another l2p issue? There are some fucking awesome roamer sollies in better teams who do their job with or without the equalizer. I always find it hilarious when people justify being bad with their class being “underpowered”. I suggest practicing a lot.

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Equaliser won’t help with this.

… yes it will? you dont clip on ceilings e.g blands while running do you
O.o

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
if your argument is “allow equa cus soldier is weak and bad and doesnt do shit” then wow
the ONLY thing i do on mid is bomb the medic
lets assume that im succesful atleast once (high hopes). medic down = no impact on mid?
confirmed kind of by your above post, the only reason youre arguing for equaliser is because you think soldier is shit

No, you get medic, awesome you helped team, but now you are dead, cos you have potentially had to put yourself in bad position to do this, and taken dmg. But now you can get away and continue to help your team, thus the solly becomes more important as he can be more involved with the game, as he isn’t dead half the time.

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Equaliser won’t help with this.

It won’t? You won’t hit your head in the ceiling if ur just running at scout speed.

kuma

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Yes both sollys get to mid with more health, faster and with more health and still they don’t dominate mids.

Lets say the enemy has good positioning of medic, hard to jump, with equaliser you can still for him and still have the chance to get out, it requires skill to this. I agree it does give an element to some parts of bad sollys play, but a team that is better will not let this stop them.

So your argument is now that sollies are too weak to influence mid. That’s got nothing to do with whether the equalizer helps worse sollies or not, but rather whether it is needed for strategy. Good, you are on the right track.

Again, how does the equalizer affect whether you can jump the med or not? You can do the exact same thing regardless.

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

No, you get medic, awesome you helped team, but now you are dead, cos you have potentially had to put yourself in bad position to do this, and taken dmg. But now you can get away and continue to help your team, thus the solly becomes more important as he can be more involved with the game, as he isn’t dead half the time.

IF YOU TAKE A FUCKING MEDIC OUT AND DIE THEN YOU’VE DONE YOUR JOB.

:D jesus christ, why on earth should the solly be rewarded on top of killing the enemy med

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from ups

[…]
This is not a fact, this is just a single example you brought up so that it would fit your argument. The team where any soldiers of the solly duo would have failed still have the same chance to do impact on mid as the ones that did not.

[…]
As far as I can remember, before the solly update by valve, there were a lot of threads with requests from different users that basically were asking valve to not fuck up the most balanced class in the game. The only time I saw someone screaming that soldier is under-powered was a thread on etf2l by fragga.

Untrue, if you fail your jump to mid, you will be slower and/or weaker, depending if your medic wants to wait for you. As if you are the one who is jumping and getting most of the heals, your failed jump won’t bring you low enough to benefit from the speed boost.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

Another l2p issue? There are some fucking awesome roamer sollies in better teams who do their job with or without the equalizer. I always find it hilarious when people justify being bad with their class being “underpowered”. I suggest practicing a lot.

Lets take Darn as an example, as I had already brought him up. He does a great job getting th medic, but this results him bottom scoring. The equaliser can/would allow him to stay alive in SOME f these situations allowing him to help cap or push next point or whatever. I do practice my class a lot, with equaliser, which is a good tool to use.

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Untrue, if you fail your jump to mid, you will be slower and/or weaker, depending if your medic wants to wait for you. As if you are the one who is jumping and getting most of the heals, your failed jump won’t bring you low enough to benefit from the speed boost.

So if you fail your jumps you shouldn’t be punished?
By god should I fail my jumps as demo the mid is usually going to be hugely disadvantaged for us.

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

but next rollout instead of jumping u can equaliser
also, fail jump utterly = run with shovel = punished
fail jump utterly = run with equaliser = punished but less
even if youre 100 hp its still a speed upgrade over shovel and because you failed

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Lets take Darn as an example, as I had already brought him up. He does a great job getting th medic, but this results him bottom scoring. The equaliser can/would allow him to stay alive in SOME f these situations allowing him to help cap or push next point or whatever. I do practice my class a lot, with equaliser, which is a good tool to use.

So it’s about score? I don’t see any relevance with score and how powerful/useful a player is for a team. By god Honky might have 15 points at times, but 10 of those are medic picks. He’s doing his job and he’s doing it fucking well.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
… yes it will? you dont clip on ceilings e.g blands while running do you
O.o

yes but you don’t have both sollys equalising now do you? One still have to do jumps and as he is the only one who can now fail in this situation he does not benefit from it at all. The other does and so it does make his rollout easier, not disputing that, but as these jumps are that hard, not that big a trade off.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from kuma

[…]

So your argument is now that sollies are too weak to influence mid. That’s got nothing to do with whether the equalizer helps worse sollies or not, but rather whether it is needed for strategy. Good, you are on the right track.

Again, how does the equalizer affect whether you can jump the med or not? You can do the exact same thing regardless.

You can jump medic, get the kill, and THEN survive, and then you can continue helping your team, playing aggressive and surviving is a bigger help to your team than simply getting the medic.

If sollys get a slightly larger buff means they can jump earlier and stay in longer. Greater presence on mid. Doesn’t matter if you are mad or not the potential is there.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

IF YOU TAKE A FUCKING MEDIC OUT AND DIE THEN YOU’VE DONE YOUR JOB.

:D jesus christ, why on earth should the solly be rewarded on top of killing the enemy med

He should be reward because he did a good job… It rewards the skill of killing the medic by being able to survive.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 27 28 29 ... 31 Next »