Forum

ETF2L: The problem

Created 6th March 2011 @ 14:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 31 Next »

Leshey

D.A
V.A.C.

Quoted from CrashSite

That is not an argument, you didn’t address why having two fully buffed sollys is a bad thing.

The bad thing is WHY they’re buffed and not the FACT that they are buffed. And it was explained already. Equalizer lessens the chance of failing the rollout and practically let’s you enter mid fully buffed without any effort.

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

I thought that before I posted, it is because a. people who agree don’t visit forums b. people are having fun watching me try and do this c. ppl are lazy d. you are right

C.
We also realise that you won’t get anywhere discussing this with these guys. Noone is going to change their mind about vanilla or the equalizer, and most people actually participating in this discussion are not willing to compromise.

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Before the update solly complained they were weakest class. I think that is true and I still think it true even with equaliser,

It’s Team Fortress. Solly might be weak at some situations, but if you can actually play it you can make yourself useful in so many ways. A fair few teams have pocket sollies top scoring on a every match basis.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
just a question about “especially the higher you go” how can you say this if youve never been higher? inb4 you havent either, i havent either, but xzr and the rest have
vanilla:
fuck up rollouts, enemy team rewarded with 600 hp instead of e.g 500 on mid.
equaliser:
unable to do rollout correctly: use equaliser, 600 hp vs 600 hp even if enemy team was more skillfull in their jumps.
im sure you will agree that running is easier than doing jumps

Depending on which map and which jump, it can result in lost mid. But my stand on this is that jumps are rarely failed so this is a moot point. It just allows sollys to have a larger presence on mid.

I have watched games in higher Divs, those who do use equaliser and this is what I am basing it on. That and the assumption that everyone is claiming to be better than me and I don’t fail my jumps, hence they must no fail either.

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Depending on which map and which jump, it can result in lost mid. But my stand on this is that jumps are rarely failed so this is a moot point. It just allows sollys to have a larger presence on mid.

I have watched games in higher Divs, those who do use equaliser and this is what I am basing it on. That and the assumption that everyone is claiming to be better than me and I don’t fail my jumps, hence they must no fail either.

jumps are failed very often
a failed jump doesnt mean u didnt go any distance and completely fucked it up
it also means if you clipped on the ceiling instead of going under it, a loss of half a second but still a failed jump

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
I heard in competitive tf2 they not only use bullets but also rockets, stickies, nades. also, harder to hit a quicker target with bullets

[…]

every class has its role, he is weakest only if u try to use him as a scout or a demo

Yes it is harder, hence why it is a buff. Demos do more dmg than sollys, scouts are much more flexible, do massive dmg and can cap and move easier. Hence weakest.

xzr

I want an unlock for demo so that I don’t have to sweat with my jumps and still get to mid fast :(

Last edited by xzr,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from kuma

[…]

Do I really need to spell it out?

Manual Rollouts
1. You can do a slow rollout to get to mid with fully buffed soldiers
2. You can do a fast rollout to get to mid with one soldier not fully buffed

Choosing which you do is a strategy, and it requires some skill to do all jumps correctly without taking excessive damage so you actually get to mid fully buffed.

Equalizer Rollout
Slam your mouse onto your table and get to mid fully buffed without any hassle.

How does the equalizer ITSELF reward aggressive play? You can do the same thing with or without it. When backing out, you need tighter timing to retreat making the shovel more skillful to use.

Let me give you an example of a weapon that rewards skill:
Raped Idiot
Increases your damage by 4% for every successful hit you make on the enemy. Missing a shot decreases your damage by 4%. Stacks up to 5 times.

Do you see the difference between a weapon that makes you better by failing, and one that makes you better by doing something skillful?

Yes both sollys get to mid with more health, faster and with more health and still they don’t dominate mids.

Lets say the enemy has good positioning of medic, hard to jump, with equaliser you can still for him and still have the chance to get out, it requires skill to this. I agree it does give an element to some parts of bad sollys play, but a team that is better will not let this stop them.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Leshey

[…]
The bad thing is WHY they’re buffed and not the FACT that they are buffed. And it was explained already. Equalizer lessens the chance of failing the rollout and practically let’s you enter mid fully buffed without any effort.

If you can get another item that does the same thing but involves skill suggest it to valve.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Brass_Monkey

[…]
C.
We also realise that you won’t get anywhere discussing this with these guys. Noone is going to change their mind about vanilla or the equalizer, and most people actually participating in this discussion are not willing to compromise.

Yeah but I love to argue, tbh I would agree against the other side if everyone was pro-unlocks. As I said I am in the middle.

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Yes both sollys get to mid with more health, faster and with more health and still they don’t dominate mids.

Lets say the enemy has good positioning of medic, hard to jump, with equaliser you can still for him and still have the chance to get out, it requires skill to this. I agree it does give an element to some parts of bad sollys play, but a team that is better will not let this stop them.

if your argument is “allow equa cus soldier is weak and bad and doesnt do shit” then wow
the ONLY thing i do on mid is bomb the medic
lets assume that im succesful atleast once (high hopes). medic down = no impact on mid?
confirmed kind of by your above post, the only reason youre arguing for equaliser is because you think soldier is shit

Last edited by Dummy,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

It’s Team Fortress. Solly might be weak at some situations, but if you can actually play it you can make yourself useful in so many ways. A fair few teams have pocket sollies top
scoring on a every match basis.

Yes but it was the roamer, who will use equaliser more, who needed the buff more.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
jumps are failed very often
a failed jump doesnt mean u didnt go any distance and completely fucked it up
it also means if you clipped on the ceiling instead of going under it, a loss of half a second but still a failed jump

Equaliser won’t help with this.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

I want an unlock for demo so that I don’t have to sweat with my jumps and still get to mid fast :(

Point was demo is powerdul enough, solly needed buff.

ups

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

This is not a fact, this is just a single example you brought up so that it would fit your argument. The team where any soldiers of the solly duo would have failed still have the same chance to do impact on mid as the ones that did not.

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Point was demo is powerdul enough, solly needed buff.

As far as I can remember, before the solly update by valve, there were a lot of threads with requests from different users that basically were asking valve to not fuck up the most balanced class in the game. The only time I saw someone screaming that soldier is under-powered was a thread on etf2l by fragga.

Last edited by ups,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 31 Next »