Forum

ETF2L: The problem

Created 6th March 2011 @ 14:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 31 Next »

kuma

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Why does the increase buff have a negative impact of gameplay. Also if you fail your jumps once, it doesn’t help as much as you are saying, as for example, if you fail jump up onto bridge rolling out to BL mid, then you still got a to go long way round.

Also if it is not balanced for competitive play then it is OP, unless you mean relative to the shovel, then I agree it is a straight upgrade.

Because mid rollouts differ according to how much health you want your soldiers to be at. Getting both at 300 x2 means you get there slightly slower, or you can get there faster with one weaker soldier.

Failed rollouts matter because having a soldier even 1 second later can lose you a mid fight. Equalizer lessens the chance of this happening, and so narrows the skill between a player with a consistent rollout and a worse jumper.

It’s not designed for competitive play as it clearly lessens the impact of failure and in no way directly rewards skill. Thus it is not balanced for it. Does not have anything to do with it’s power relative to other weapons.

Last edited by kuma,

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Getting into a bad position to begin with makes you bad, but being made to outplay and outmaneuver the enemy makes you good. You are using the item well, the build up to using it well might have been bad, but what is done after is another matter. I think Fragga even shows this in his solly tutorial. He might not be a nice person, form what I hear, but he was a good solly.

Fragga is a fucking horrible soldier, sure he kills stuff but his teamplay is inexistent.

So you are saying that using an item that lets you easily outrun and outmaneuver an opposing team is balanced?

That’s some premier gamesense you got there boy

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

When everyone disagrees with you, perhaps, just maybe, you’re the one being wrong? :P

I thought that before I posted, it is because a. people who agree don’t visit forums b. people are having fun watching me try and do this c. ppl are lazy d. you are right

kuma

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Getting into a bad position to begin with makes you bad, but being made to outplay and outmaneuver the enemy makes you good. You are using the item well, the build up to using it well might have been bad, but what is done after is another matter. I think Fragga even shows this in his solly tutorial. He might not be a nice person, form what I hear, but he was a good solly.

How does this have anything to do with the equalizer? You don’t need it to outmaneuver the enemy, in fact it makes it easier to do so all because you got into a bad position in the first place. Failure rewarded.

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

I thought that before I posted, it is because a. people who agree don’t visit forums b. people are having fun watching me try and do this c. ppl are lazy d. you are right

people who dont post on these threads obviously dont care and are fine with either vanilla or all unlocks allowed
if you care, you post
lessening impact of a fail = rewarding failure, btw

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from kuma

[…]

Because mid rollouts differ according to how much health you want your soldiers to be at. Getting both at 300 x2 means you get there slightly slower, or you can get there faster with one weaker soldier.

Failed rollouts matter because having a soldier even 1 second later can lose you a mid fight. Equalizer lessens the chance of this happening, and so narrows the skill between a player with a consistent rollout and a worse jumper.

It’s not designed for competitive play as it clearly lessens the impact of failure and in no way directly rewards skill. Thus it is not balanced for it. Does not have anything to do with it’s power relative to other weapons.

That is not an argument, you didn’t address why having two fully buffed sollys is a bad thing.

As I stated it doesn’t happen, especially the higher you go.

It does reward aggressive play, which involves skill, for example knowing when to back out. If it is not balanced then it is OP, hence unbalanced. You said it is not OP, which is it. I agree it gives a buff to the solly as a class, one that was needed.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

Fragga is a fucking horrible soldier, sure he kills stuff but his teamplay is inexistent.

So you are saying that using an item that lets you easily outrun and outmaneuver an opposing team is balanced?

That’s some premier gamesense you got there boy

You can use the equaliser not to outrun, cos a bullet travels faster, but outplay the opponent, one of my favorite tricks, is to fake going into a building then run the other way when they go through different entrance. Yes I was commenting on Fragga’s individual gameplay, not how he worked with a team.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from kuma

[…]

How does this have anything to do with the equalizer? You don’t need it to outmaneuver the enemy, in fact it makes it easier to do so all because you got into a bad position in the first place. Failure rewarded.

As I said I see it is as lessening failure, but it still takes skill to get away, even with equaliser, if you put yourself in bad position.

I also thinks it makes turbine a lot more fun, as you can do a crazy jump/equaliser combo so you can cap as fast as a scoot.

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

I agree it gives a buff to the solly as a class, one that was needed.

You say it was needed. Seems to me this is more of a l2p issue. Our sollies dislike using equalizer/playing against it and frankly they don’t need it. l2p l2p lol

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
people who dont post on these threads obviously dont care and are fine with either vanilla or all unlocks allowed
if you care, you post
lessening impact of a fail = rewarding failure, btw

Wrong, many people play in the league, have fun in it and do care about unlocks, just cos they don’t visit forums is another matter.

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

That is not an argument, you didn’t address why having two fully buffed sollys is a bad thing.

It does reward aggressive play, which involves skill, for example knowing when to back out. If it is not balanced then it is OP, hence unbalanced. You said it is not OP, which is it. I agree it gives a buff to the solly as a class, one that was needed.

just a question about “especially the higher you go” how can you say this if youve never been higher? inb4 you havent either, i havent either, but xzr and the rest have
vanilla:
fuck up rollouts, enemy team rewarded with 600 hp instead of e.g 500 on mid.
equaliser:
unable to do rollout correctly: use equaliser, 600 hp vs 600 hp even if enemy team was more skillfull in their jumps.
im sure you will agree that running is easier than doing jumps

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

You say it was needed. Seems to me this is more of a l2p issue. Our sollies dislike using equalizer/playing against it and frankly they don’t need it. l2p l2p lol

Before the update solly complained they were weakest class. I think that is true and I still think it true even with equaliser,

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

You can use the equaliser not to outrun, cos a bullet travels faster, but outplay the opponent, one of my favorite tricks, is to fake going into a building then run the other way when they go through different entrance. Yes I was commenting on Fragga’s individual gameplay, not how he worked with a team.

Bullets travel through corners eh? If you can’t outplay your opponent without eq then ur just bad.

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

I heard in competitive tf2 they not only use bullets but also rockets, stickies, nades. also, harder to hit a quicker target with bullets

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Before the update solly complained they were weakest class. I think that is true and I still think it true even with equaliser,

every class has its role, he is weakest only if u try to use him as a scout or a demo

Last edited by Dummy,

kuma

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Do I really need to spell it out?

Manual Rollouts
1. You can do a slow rollout to get to mid with fully buffed soldiers
2. You can do a fast rollout to get to mid with one soldier not fully buffed

Choosing which you do is a strategy, and it requires some skill to do all jumps correctly without taking excessive damage so you actually get to mid fully buffed.

Equalizer Rollout
Slam your mouse onto your table and get to mid fully buffed without any hassle.

How does the equalizer ITSELF reward aggressive play? You can do the same thing with or without it. When backing out, you need tighter timing to retreat making the shovel more skillful to use.

Let me give you an example of a weapon that rewards skill:
Raped Idiot
Increases your damage by 4% for every successful hit you make on the enemy. Missing a shot decreases your damage by 4%. Stacks up to 5 times.

Do you see the difference between a weapon that makes you better by failing, and one that makes you better by doing something skillful?

Last edited by kuma,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 31 Next »