Forum

ETF2L: The problem

Created 6th March 2011 @ 14:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 31 Next »

xzr

also norrla plays scout? how does that have anything to do with this.

and wonder has been in a bunch of pretty good polish teams in his career

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

[…]

In your case, as your ex-team mate I have to say that I disagree.

( =] )

Thank you for safety smile, and it is true I used to be far to hyper aggressive, but I have (finally) learnt to play smarter. I also became pocket, as it helped me train myself to play passive while protecting my medic.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Equalizer allows a soldier to get out of situations he shouldn’t have been in in the first place.

xzr

One other thing you fail to realize that it’s not only about getting kills with the equalizer, it’s about positioning. You see a solly fall back without equalizer and you can somewhat estimate where he is. Add an equalizer to that equation (c wat i did tharr trolol) and you have no real way of knowing where the bugger went, especially if you’ve got a few guys down so you can’t really secure all flanks.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

I don’t? Soldier is the hardest class to play efficiently in a top team. You owning face in div4 or racking a few kills on mge doesn’t weigh in at the least. As said, if you really understand the game so fucking well then why are you in d4?

trolol

I like the team I play in more than I want to progress at a faster rate. Well expect maybe Pika…

kuma

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Are you saying it is OP, because in the Seasons I have played and all the PCW’s, sollys have had a bigger role to play in the game, but not one that is over powering, scouts and demo’s still usually outscore sollys.

Also you seem to think it works the same way as crits, it does not allow a bad player to get kill on a good one, the equaliser is a movement tool and nothing else, you have to be very lucky to get kills with it. Also are you suggesting that there is any solly in Div 5 up that can’t preform the rollouts on all maps? If you are you are misguided, the equaliser allows both sollys to be buffed on mid and the back it is an alternative role out it neither here nor there.

It does not ‘reward’ failure, more it lessens the impact. Instead of being picked you can SOMETIMES escape with it, but this requires your medic to stop healing other targets, or for the solly to drop out of the fight, or even for his team to pull back. It onyl rewards failure if you get a kill with it, and then if my medic got picked like that, i would blame myself not the equaliser.

Lessens the impact of failure goes against the definition of competitive play, hence it is not balanced. That doesn’t mean it’s overpowered. There is a difference.

I would say D5 soldiers don’t do the rollouts perfectly and consistently every single time. This is true up to high divs. If the equaliser stops even one rj failure or gives 50 more hp than a manual rollout, then it has a negative impact competitively.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Koeitje

Equalizer allows a soldier to get out of situations he shouldn’t have been in in the first place.

Possibly, but I can put myself in more dangerous situations than I would otherwise feel uncomfortable doing if I did not have it. Like poking chokes on gran/BL.

Last edited by CrashSite,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

One other thing you fail to realize that it’s not only about getting kills with the equalizer, it’s about positioning. You see a solly fall back without equalizer and you can somewhat estimate where he is. Add an equalizer to that equation (c wat i did tharr trolol) and you have no real way of knowing where the bugger went, especially if you’ve got a few guys down so you can’t really secure all flanks.

So a player who skillful uses the item to has to outplay the opponent is now the worse player. Awesome.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from kuma

[…]

Lessens the impact of failure goes against the definition of competitive play, hence it is not balanced. That doesn’t mean it’s overpowered. There is a difference.

I would say D5 soldiers don’t do the rollouts perfectly and consistently every single time. This is true up to high divs. If the equaliser stops even one rj failure or gives 50 more hp than a manual rollout, then it has a negative impact competitively.

Why does the increase buff have a negative impact of gameplay. Also if you fail your jumps once, it doesn’t help as much as you are saying, as for example, if you fail jump up onto bridge rolling out to BL mid, then you still got a to go long way round.

Also if it is not balanced for competitive play then it is OP, unless you mean relative to the shovel, then I agree it is a straight upgrade.

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

So a player who skillful uses the item to has to outplay the opponent is now the worse player. Awesome.

Jumping/moving poorly and getting into a position that you would not be able to get out of without running at nearly medic speed because you can’t rocketjump (too low on health) is not using an item skillfully.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Jumping/moving poorly and getting into a position that you would not be able to get out of without running at nearly medic speed because you can’t rocketjump (too low on health) is not using an item skillfully.

Getting into a bad position to begin with makes you bad, but being made to outplay and outmaneuver the enemy makes you good. You are using the item well, the build up to using it well might have been bad, but what is done after is another matter. I think Fragga even shows this in his solly tutorial. He might not be a nice person, form what I hear, but he was a good solly.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Also why am having to argue against like 5 people at once, it is getting hard to keep track. Also I can’t finish my book :((

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

I like the team I play in more than I want to progress at a faster rate. Well expect maybe Pika…

Sure dude, high hopes eh? Just waiting for darn to ask you to join dignitas amirite?

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

Sure dude, high hopes eh? Just waiting for darn to ask you to join dignitas amirite?

I like playing the game and I would hope that I can progress with a team I like.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from CrashSite

Also why am having to argue against like 5 people at once

When everyone disagrees with you, perhaps, just maybe, you’re the one being wrong? :P

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 31 Next »