Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 28 29 30 31 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Please stop :(

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

So if you fail your jumps you shouldn’t be punished?
By god should I fail my jumps as demo the mid is usually going to be hugely disadvantaged for us.

You are punished, you are slower and weaker. Just not as slow and/or weak as you would have been without it.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

So it’s about score? I don’t see any relevance with score and how powerful/useful a player is for a team. By god Honky might have 15 points at times, but 10 of those are medic picks. He’s doing his job and he’s doing it fucking well.

Score is an indicator of two things, caps and kills (some bonus stuff in there but we can ignore that). As we can see form Darn he does a good job helping his team, but we can see he is not there to cap/kill/assist. I would like to have the solly have a larger role all the time and this is a way to do it.

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

He should be reward because he did a good job… It rewards the skill of killing the medic by being able to survive.

Your team already got rewarded because you have a huge advantage now. It’s Team Fortress. It’s not about personal rewards.

I guess you don’t know this game as well as you claim.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Spike Himself

Please stop :(

Sorry, too much fun, also I want to overtake Chris in post count :DDD

kuma

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

You can jump medic, get the kill, and THEN survive, and then you can continue helping your team, playing aggressive and surviving is a bigger help to your team than simply getting the medic.

If sollys get a slightly larger buff means they can jump earlier and stay in longer. Greater presence on mid. Doesn’t matter if you are mad or not the potential is there.

Yes, you can do that, which makes the soldier more useful. That doesn’t mean it rewards skill now does it? So essentially you want the equalizer because it makes the soldier better. This is the only point you can argue, and not whether it rewards skill because clearly it doesn’t.

Now we’re on to the only arguable point, I say I disagree and the soldier does enough on middle already. But then again this is something that players of different skill will have different opinions on, because gameplay varies on different levels. You won’t agree with xzr because prem plays differently to div 4.

Last edited by kuma,

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

You are punished, you are slower and weaker. Just not as slow and/or weak as you would have been without it.

YES SO ITS PUNISHING YOU LESS SO YOURE BEING REWARDED FOR FAILING WITH A DECREASE IN THE PUNISHMENT, god :(

and please answer this
how is your own personal opinon that soldier should be more influential matter more than logically proven, impersonal arguments?
if you would even take into consideration their personal opinion (which you shouldnt) like you did yours and use it as an argument, then 5 > 1

Last edited by Dummy,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

Your team already got rewarded because you have a huge advantage now. It’s Team Fortress. It’s not about personal rewards.

I guess you don’t know this game as well as you claim.

I agree it is a reward for your team to get the medic, but you lose number advantage, meaning your medic is more vulnerable than if you stayed up. Also it is not a guaranteed survival, as we are treating it, there is a chance, it requires good movement to pull off, so it is another level of skill to get out after getting medic.

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Score is an indicator of two things, caps and kills (some bonus stuff in there but we can ignore that). As we can see form Darn he does a good job helping his team, but we can see he is not there to cap/kill/assist. I would like to have the solly have a larger role all the time and this is a way to do it.

YOU would like that eh? I’m pretty sure Darn goes to sleep pretty happy every night regardless if he got 2 or 4 cap points. He did frag dat damn medic anyway.

ups

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

You best be trolling mate. Because that is the most retarded post I have seen in this topic so far. No offense.

Soldier does have a larger role. Impact to a game is not measured in points.

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

I agree it is a reward for your team to get the medic, but you lose number advantage, meaning your medic is more vulnerable than if you stayed up. Also it is not a guaranteed survival, as we are treating it, there is a chance, it requires good movement to pull off, so it is another level of skill to get out after getting medic.

You lose number advantage? Are you bad at maths too? Let me help you out a bit. 6-medic=5 and 6-soldier=5. The difference being that the team who lost the soldier have infinite health at their hands. If you play it smart (not like a div4 shitter), you can capitalize on that.

Extremer

LIVING AFTER MIDNIGHT
ROCKING TO THE DAWN
LOVING ‘TIL THE MORNING
THEN I’M GONE, I’M GONE

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from kuma

[…]

Yes, you can do that, which makes the soldier more useful. That doesn’t mean it rewards skill now does it? So essentially you want the equalizer because it makes the soldier better. This is the only point you can argue, and not whether it rewards skill because clearly it doesn’t.

Now we’re on to the only arguable point, I say I disagree and the soldier does enough on middle already. But then again this is something that players of different skill will have different opinions on, because gameplay varies on different levels. You won’t agree with xzr because prem plays differently to div 4.

I actually think I have a greater impact on middle at a low level, I think the equaliser is more useful for Prem sollys, as they can lay down spam and then get out, presumably because they are better then me they can get the line thinner and do more dmg before getting out. It is just as skillful, just requires a different length of time.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

YOU would like that eh? I’m pretty sure Darn goes to sleep pretty happy every night regardless if he got 2 or 4 cap points. He did frag dat damn medic anyway.

And he should do, but if he also has a chance to survive due to his movement skill as well, I am sure he will sleep that little bit better.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from ups

[…]

You best be trolling mate. Because that is the most retarded post I have seen in this topic so far. No offense.

Soldier does have a larger role. Impact to a game is not measured in points.

Not measured in points, but it an indicator, killing the medic is a large impact, but killing the medic then surviving to cap the point is a larger one.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 28 29 30 31 Next »