Forum

ETF2L: The problem

Created 6th March 2011 @ 14:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 Next »

kuma

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

I actually think I have a greater impact on middle at a low level, I think the equaliser is more useful for Prem sollys, as they can lay down spam and then get out, presumably because they are better then me they can get the line thinner and do more dmg before getting out. It is just as skillful, just requires a different length of time.

You can argue what is good for your skill level, and that’s fine. But how can you argue what is better for prem against someone who’s actually played it, when you haven’t yourself?

Last edited by kuma,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I’ve loved being a spectator for the last 10 pages or so, but just had to say these two things.

There isn’t a compromise in this argument. Vanilla people ONLY want vanilla. There is no compromise in that. The pro unlock players have allready settled with having a number of unlocks banned that maybe, shouldn’t be banned. That is compromise.

What the vanilla people are trying to do is get their way, or no way, and ETF2L has spoken. They are leaving.

The second thing is that a prem team is a prem team because they are a TEAM. A player that plays in division 4 isn’t always a division 4 level player. Don’t instantly judge someone to have no gamesense or understanding of game mechanics just because of the division they are in. Some people are excellent at analysing the game, but not having the same level of skill on the field. A lot of starcraft commentators and coaches for the pro teams often have a better understanding than some of the players, and some of these literally can’t compete with mid level players when they play. This is because they spend a lot of time watching the pros, calculating strategies, risks, outcomes, but might not spend much time perfecting hand-to-eye co-ordination, or multitasking etc…

Also, a prem level player can have a godlike aim, which can be enough to carry a player to that level (if you have a strong team around you), but they have the gamesense / understanding of a banana tree.

The point was, don’t be so quick to judge a player, especially when you don’t know them.

Last edited by AcidReniX,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

You lose number advantage? Are you bad at maths too? Let me help you out a bit. 6-medic=5 and 6-soldier=5. The difference being that the team who lost the soldier have infinite health at their hands. If you play it smart (not like a div4 shitter), you can capitalize on that.

Advantage, as in, having more than the opponent, you become equal without it. I can capitalise on either….

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Not measured in points, but it an indicator, killing the medic is a large impact, but killing the medic then surviving to cap the point is a larger one.

as said, if you ain’t shit then you should be able to capitalize on that medic pick 99% of the time. It’s called smart play but I guess that’s something unfamiliar to you

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Extremer

LIVING AFTER MIDNIGHT
ROCKING TO THE DAWN
LOVING ‘TIL THE MORNING
THEN I’M GONE, I’M GONE

<3

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from kuma

[…]

You can argue what is good for your skill level, and that’s fine. But how can you argue what is better for prem against someone who’s actually played it, when you haven’t yourself?

Well as Prem always seems to play Vanilla can someone tell me if I am wrong, who plays solly in Prem. Qould equaliser help you make a larger impact on mid.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from AcidReniX

I’ve loved being a spectator for the last 10 pages or so, but just had to say these two things.

There isn’t a compromise in this argument. Vanilla people ONLY want vanilla. There is no compromise in that. The pro unlock players have allready settled with having a number of unlocks banned that maybe, shouldn’t be banned. That is compromise.

What the vanilla people are trying to do is get their way, or no way, and ETF2L has spoken. They are leaving.

The second thing is that a prem team is a prem team because they are a TEAM. A player that plays in division 4 isn’t always a division 4 level player. Don’t instantly judge someone to have no gamesense or understanding of game mechanics just because of the division they are in. Some people are excellent at analysing the game, but not having the same level of skill on the field. A lot of starcraft commentators and coaches for the pro teams often have a better understanding than some of the players, and some of these literally can’t compete with mid level players when they play. This is because they spend a lot of time watching the pros, calculating strategies, risks, outcomes, but might not spend much time perfecting hand-to-eye co-ordination, or multitasking etc…

Also, a prem level player can have a godlike aim, which can be enough to carry a player to that level (if you have a strong team around you), but they have the gamesense / understanding of a banana tree.

The point was, don’t be so quick to judge a player, especially when you don’t know them.

Thanks. Also I love to argue. Hence why I am still here.

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Advantage, as in, having more than the opponent, you become equal without it. I can capitalise on either….

Equal? With health points rolling in to your players while the opposing team is running for health packs?

I reckon your team carried you to d4

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Thanks. Also I love to argue. Hence why I am still here.

me too! ^__^ Let’s be friends!

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

as said, if you ain’t shit then you should be able to capitalize on that medic pick 99% of the time. It’s called smart play but I guess that’s something unfamiliar to you

Read post above. Also I keep getting the you post too recently msg, really annoying…

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from octochris

[…]

“to have access to something” is not an idiom…

I was hoping our fine englishmen wouldn’t notice that. Fixed phrase?

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from xzr

[…]

Equal? With health points rolling in to your players while the opposing team is running for health packs?

I reckon your team carried you to d4

]

Are you really that dumb. You have a health advantage in both cases, you have A NUMBER ADVANTAGE in one. Or did you forget the arguement.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]

me too! ^__^ Let’s be friends!

Yay I made new friend, I did something productive today, instead of spending a lot of wasted time arguing pointlessly… Wait a second….

Yay I caught up finally. Also this is all about equaliser what about other arguments that I presented a while back for other unlocks.

Last edited by CrashSite,

xzr

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]]

Are you really that dumb. You have a health advantage in both cases, you have A NUMBER ADVANTAGE in one. Or did you forget the arguement.

Your soldier gets a pick on the enemy medic and dies, the enemy combo quite likely sustained some injuries from splash damage.

Team1: Medic+sol+demo+2 scouts, all buffed an getting more health
Team2: 2sol+demo+2scouts, damaged, possibly a few guy with buffs.

Which one is the one with the advantage?

Edit: Ah so in this case the equalizer would give your team both number and health advantage. I’d say that’s a bit overpowered don’t you think?

As a sidenote, you calling me dumb is pretty silly since you just keep sprouting the same argument time and time again. Kind of a like a broken vinyl player. Retard.

Last edited by xzr,

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]]

youve got to be trolling

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 29 30 31 Next »