Forum

TF2 on Ubuntu/Linux fps

Created 31st December 2010 @ 11:16

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

runy

eX.

Hey , today i installed Ubuntu 10.10 on my pc , everything went smooth but after i started to play TF2 i had about 50 FPS. Any sollutions to grow up the fps on linux?

Note: i have installed all fps configs like chris’s one etc etc.

xzr

I’ve got one, install windows

OO HO HOOO

xzr

also you didn’t really specify your rig, for all we know 50fps is pretty good for pentium3

AnimaL

Quoted from runy

Hey , today i installed Ubuntu 10.10 on my pc , everything went smooth but after i started to play TF2 i had about 50 FPS. Any sollutions to grow up the fps on linux?

Note: i have installed all fps configs like chris’s one etc etc.

linux isnt natively supported(yet) and 50fps is much tbh, i got 20-25fps on my quad even when only im in the server :]] obv its only to be in use for idling in text mode :D

Last edited by AnimaL,

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

note: ive made him install linux :D ive set him wine etc, chris, skyride, arie where are our experts ?

runy

eX.

Video card is Nvidia 9500Gt if this help

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Nigh

note: ive made him install linux :D ive set him wine etc, chris, skyride, arie where are our experts ?

of course you’re going to get lower fps with wine… you’re essentially working with an API that’s been reverse engineered and then put back together again, and is therefore buggy and inefficient.

nothing you can do about that. wine version control is unstable as shit anyway. stuff that worked in the last version sometimes stops working in the latest, and that’s all over the board.

you’ve not even given us a reference of how it was on windows, how can you expect anyone to be able to diagnose with no reference point?

and nightbox, it’s highly inadvisable to tell someone to install linux when you don’t inform them of the (obvious) caveats. it’s not like linux is some godly kernel or something, don’t install a linux distro if you don’t have an actual reason to, or if that reason is “X told me to, but didn’t tell me why”.

Last edited by octochris,

runy

eX.

anyway is there any sollution for my problem?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from runy

did you even read what i posted?

runy

eX.

yeayea i did

dauk

Quoted from runy

WINDOWS you mofo, do you speak WINDOWS?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from runy

yeayea i did

well then you already know the answer

runy

eX.

yeayea… windows… yeayea… any better operating system than windows where i can play tf2 with high Fps?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from runy

yeayea… windows… yeayea… any better operating system than windows where i can play tf2 with high Fps?

no.

why do you need a different operating system? because nightbox told you you did, or do you have an actual reason?

Last edited by octochris,

AnimaL

Quoted from runy

nop

xp still has the best performance and reliability for tf2

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »